• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

GGs, Cyberman. You seemed to SD a lot when playing as Sonic, though; maybe you weren't used to Burning Spindash or something.
GGs. It was mostly slight input errors during the matches. Still can't do this mirror correctly and Hammer Spin Dash just ruins the neutral anyway.

I've been thinking it would be fun to put together a crew battle here. 2 teams of neogaf smashers against each other. It would have to probably be done all at once to avoid confusion, although I do have some ideas.

Would there be any interest from you all in participating in a NeoGaf Smash Crew Battle?

I've been thinking it would be fun to put together a crew battle here. 2 teams of neogaf smashers against each other. It would have to probably be done all at once to avoid confusion, although I do have some ideas.

Would there be any interest from you all in participating in a NeoGaf Smash Crew Battle?
An online crew battle? It sounds exciting, but how would we organize it? We'd all have to use the IRC or be on one chat, and ideally we'd record our replays for the whole thing.

Would we hold each battle individually or find a way to coordinate people from multiple time zones to be at the same place?

It would be cool to stream it. :3

What do you mean exactly? Like a bunch of GAFers that pick a side and fight people of the other side, team with most wins is the winner?

FSLink

Banned
What do you mean exactly? Like a bunch of GAFers that pick a side and fight people of the other side, team with most wins is the winner?

Basically. But typically in crew battles, it's by stocks. So if I win against my opponent and lose a stock while doing so, the next team's member goes up against me, but I have to kill myself at the beginning of the match and begin with 1 stock against their 2. So whichever team's stocks are gone first loses. It's more important to not just win, but win convincingly.

I'd be interested. Are we doing like the top 10 (5v5) of the members here or we gonna go with some sort of draft system?

Basically. But typically in crew battles, it's by stocks. So if I win against my opponent and lose a stock while doing so, the next team's member goes up against me, but I have to kill myself at the beginning of the match and begin with 1 stock against their 2. So whichever team's stocks are gone first loses. It's more important to not just win, but win convincingly.

I'd be interested. Are we doing like the top 10 (5v5) of the members here or we gonna go with some sort of draft system?
Oh, that sounds fun. Count me in.

An online crew battle? It sounds exciting, but how would we organize it? We'd all have to use the IRC or be on one chat, and ideally we'd record our replays for the whole thing.

Would we hold each battle individually or find a way to coordinate people from multiple time zones to be at the same place?

It would be cool to stream it. :3

Wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't streamed. I think we have some players here with that capability. Yea we would meet up in a chat, try to find a reasonable time frame for various time zones.

GGs Puruzi. Definitely have no idea how to beat Roy with Yoshi. Everything I do I can get punished for, and usually with a fsmash, which is bullshit.

2 options. Get some of the regulars here to come together and come to a consensus of player seeding, and split evenly

Or

Get 2 regulars of similar skill to do a draft. If need be, we can keep the draft order secret in case anyone would get hurt being picked late

2 options. Get some of the regulars here to come together and come to a consensus of player seeding, and split evenly

Or

Get 2 regulars of similar skill to do a draft. If need be, we can keep the draft order secret in case anyone would get hurt being picked late

It might be time for you to release your GAF tier list.

Or

Maybe we can use data from the ranbats to help out with this? I can't help but feel like everyone here underrated themselves a lot.

Also, maybe we should all take a page out of your book and construct GAF tier lists of our own.

Boney

Banned
Looking to play!

Also something super weird happened the other day, don't remember which character went through sonic's stage while hugging the wall while recovering

Oidisco

Ok seriously, ever since Zero mentioned that Yoshi matches on For Glory were often really laggy, I've had nothing but laggy Yoshi matches! It's super weird and really frustrating to play!

So it's essentially "limited lives" but over the course of multiple battles?

JulianImp

How could we set streaming up? I was thinking about the possiblity of using a third party with streaming equipment who SDs right away at the beginning of each match, but that could also result in additional lag since the game will have to keep two P2P connections going at a time rather than one, and this could cause additional input lag due to both distance and the increased send/receive rates required to support the third player.

How could we set streaming up? I was thinking about the possiblity of using a third party with streaming equipment who SDs right away at the beginning of each match, but that could also result in additional lag since the game will have to keep two P2P connections going at a time rather than one, and this could cause additional input lag due to both distance and the increased send/receive rates required to support the third player.

That is the only way to do it unless half of the participants can stream themselves. If it was Shamrock streaming, he would just SD like you said and then the players would fight. I think most people here have a good enough connection for three players to be in the same room. I have played doubles with a bunch of people, and the connection has been fine the majority of the time.

So it's essentially "limited lives" but over the course of multiple battles?

Sort of. Imagine you have a team of 5 players vs 5 players. You have a team captain for each team that decides the order in which players play. So say there is team Karsticles and Team anonymous tipster. The first player on team karst loses, but takes one stock off the other player. The next game, the team tipster character starts with only one stock. So from Karsticles perspective, he wants to choose a player that can hopefully defeat the current opponent without losing a stock. That's where the strategy comes in. Let's say I'm playing and win. If the opponent has Nabster on their team, they may choose to play him against me because of the Rosa/Ness matchup.

Got a lot of stuff done, and rewarded myself with some FG Smash. Only lost two matches with Mewtwo in 1.5 hours yay!

Sounds good. I feel like we should:
1) Get a list of ~10 players that want to play.
2) Agree on the two best players, and make them captains.
3) Do a draft.

Edit: also, we should find some way to stream it. Extra hype for all involved.

Nabster92

I'm down for the crew battle as well. As an alternative solution to streaming to avoid lag concerns, we could do a delayed stream where the players immediately send the replay of the game to said streamer after finishing and then the streamer streams the replay/commentates on that and just has a 1 match delay from real time.

Edit: Though that does take away from the hype of the ones actually playing since they already know the result before watching. So maybe we should just deal with whatever slight lag might be added.

Nice. I may be able to have a stream setup where I can provide commentary during matches

Do you have an estimated period of time when this all goes down? I'm willing to join in if my schedule permits me.

Also, we should have a sort of player cap in place. 5 players per team? 3 stocks to make each stock less devastating to lose?

Do you have an estimated period of time when this all goes down? I'm willing to join in if my schedule permits me.

Also, we should have a sort of player cap in place. 5 players per team? 3 stocks to make each stock less devastating to lose?

I was leaning towards 3 stock myself.
I have to see when I could borrow the tools from a friend to stream, or even if I can. I would think fri,sat, or sun would be best. Late afternoon. Maybe start it around 6 or 7 central time.

Top Bottom