• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Wow. Some guy on Anther's just SDed their final stock, reported it as a loss (rightfully so), said fuck life, and then quit. Now I have my first dispute...

Yoshi

Who did he use?

Captain Falcon. He wasn't even doing bad. I just got momentum after taking his first stock. I should have noticed the signs when he doesn't accept friend requests and didn't even say hi. His name is XxaguyxX, so don't fight if you don't want a potential dispute. Immediately after he left, he was already fighting some other guy in ranked.

Did you say the highest you got was Gold III or Gold I? I am currently Gold III with just 1 loss to ShaneH. Fucking Yoshi.

Captain Falcon. He wasn't even doing bad. I just got momentum after taking his first stock. I should have noticed the signs when he doesn't accept friend requests and didn't even say hi. His name is XxaguyxX, so don't fight if you don't want a potential dispute. Immediately after he left, he was already fighting some other guy in ranked.

Did you say the highest you got was Gold III or Gold I? I am currently Gold III with just 1 loss to ShaneH. Fucking Yoshi.

lol, those are scrubby dudes. At least he didn't whine about a particular move that you use when it's your bread and butter (of course I'm gonna use Fox's utilt a lot, it's his best normal, why the hell wouldn't I?)

Yeah Gold III, I got knocked down to Silver I though because a series of Platinum and Gold I players joined my room and bopped me in succession lol. I should go back, but ugh that was not a fun day for me...

I would love to participate in the Crew battle, but that streamer SD spectator thing has me worried. Last time I played 3 man free for all with tipster and Nami the connection was good, but as soon as a fourth jumped in, it fell to pieces with lag and I dropped out to make it better.

Gah, stupid long distance! ;-;

GGs Romance.

Your patterns are too predictable. What you do, you do very well, but you need to learn to change it up, otherwise, eventually, a good player will just start picking you off with correct predictions on what you are going to do

I would love to participate in the Crew battle, but that streamer SD spectator thing has me worried. Last time I played 3 man free for all with tipster and Nami the connection was good, but as soon as a fourth jumped in, it fell to pieces with lag and I dropped out to make it better.

Gah, stupid long distance! ;-;

Well, it will only be 3 people in the game. Ideally, we will try the stream with hopefully a few people watching, before the crew battle to see how it goes.

lol, those are scrubby dudes. At least he didn't whine about a particular move that you use when it's your bread and butter (of course I'm gonna use Fox's utilt a lot, it's his best normal, why the hell wouldn't I?)

Yeah Gold III, I got knocked down to Silver I though because a series of Platinum and Gold I players joined my room and bopped me in succession lol. I should go back, but ugh that was not a fun day for me...

Yeah, he didn't whine about Yoshi's fair, unlike some people... >,<

I just knocked someone down to Silver I from Gold III, and now I am almost Gold II. Feels good!

That's the worst type of mindset to have when playing games.

I think that is the worst mindset to have when doing anything.

Takes too long to play just 2-3 matches. Would rather play endless with people than spend an hour and only play 5-8 times.

I have only played 20 or so sets, but I see it as a way to practice against possibly good people that play characters that no one plays on here. The only person I have lost to played Captain Falcon and Yoshi. I managed to beat their Captain Falcon, but their Yoshi destroyed me. I am not going to find a Yoshi that destroys me on NeoGAF, unless Poltergust comes back.

RomanceDawn

GGs Romance.

Your patterns are too predictable. What you do, you do very well, but you need to learn to change it up, otherwise, eventually, a good player will just start picking you off with correct predictions on what you are going to do

Yeah you are absolutely right. That's why I completely changed it up last game. I realized you would always punish the down air and reverse side smash so not doing that certainly helped on that last one.

Also if I made you some fitting funny pun earthbound taunts would you consider using any?

Today my win loss ratio against you wasn't too abysmal. You know with my help you could be the best.

Anyone else 1vs1?

Yeah you are absolutely right. That's why I completely changed it up last game. I realized you would always punish the down air and reverse side smash so not doing that certainly helped on that last one.

Also if I made you some fitting funny pun earthbound taunts would you consider using any?

Today my win loss ratio against you wasn't too abysmal. You know with my help you could be the best.

Anyone else 1vs1?

I can play.

Boney

Banned
Alright good games, too tired to keep going. Thanks for giving me that last win teehee

I'll give the video a watch now H3X

Yeah, he didn't whine about Yoshi's fair, unlike some people... >,<

I just knocked someone down to Silver I from Gold III, and now I am almost Gold II. Feels good!

I think that is the worst mindset to have when doing anything.

I have only played 20 or so sets, but I see it as a way to practice against possibly good people that play characters that no one plays on here. The only person I have lost to played Captain Falcon and Yoshi. I managed to beat their Captain Falcon, but their Yoshi destroyed me. I am not going to find a Yoshi that destroys me on NeoGAF, unless Poltergust comes back.
Hah, I imagine more people have trouble fighting your Yoshi than my Fox and Doc. Makes me inspired to train more, and glad I know how to fight Yoshi thanks to you. :)

Don't get too confident though, from Gold I onward there are legit players that know the game on a high level, be careful!

Boney

Banned
Now that everyone's awake, does anyone feel like watching this recording of me vs this Dedede in FG? I'd like to get some tips if I can. I have already started working on re-incorporating floats into my style, but I'm more interested in how I use my fundamentals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6seihmhg0o
You did a good job at neutralizing the Gordos with the jabs and turnips. Overall you really outplayed him, good job with the turnips for pressure, especially when he was still clinging on the edge, although you did pluck some turnips in really dangerous situations, but if you know he'll retreat it's fine.
You could be using some short float aerials for easy shield pressure and rely less on dash attacks, because even if it's a ko move you can easily be punished.

But good spacing and patience overall, I'm not familiar with peach to help much more

TWILT

Banned
Up for some 1v1s if someone wants to play.

Oh and I'd totally be down for that crew battle thing. Preferably after EVO though since I'll be on a 3 week vacation after. :p

You did a good job at neutralizing the Gordos with the jabs and turnips. Overall you really outplayed him, good job with the turnips for pressure, especially when he was still clinging on the edge, although you did pluck some turnips in really dangerous situations, but if you know he'll retreat it's fine.
You could be using some short float aerials for easy shield pressure and rely less on dash attacks, because even if it's a ko move you can easily be punished.

But good spacing and patience overall, I'm not familiar with peach to help much more

Yeah, this wasn't my *best* game, I'm mainly using it because outside of that first KO where I turnip'd the Gordo back at him midair, there wasn't anything particularly special about the fight from my perspective. Which of course means that there are a few mistakes that I'm aware I should have avoided (I was dangerously using turnips).

I do really need to work on using ground floats in a safe manner. I have no issues with the execution of a ground float, I'm just retarded with them right now.

Hah, I imagine more people have trouble fighting your Yoshi than my Fox and Doc. Makes me inspired to train more, and glad I know how to fight Yoshi thanks to you. :)

Don't get too confident though, from Gold I onward there are legit players that know the game on a high level, be careful!

I don't know about that. I look at people's match history and the rankings, and Anther's seems to have all the Yoshis in the world. Maybe not as many as Fox, but still quite a bit. I don't even know how to fight Fox :S

Yeah, the person I lost to was either Gold I or Platinum III. They are Gold I right now, but I don't remember what they were a couple weeks ago.

I just lost to Nabster in the ranbats, organized through Anther's. The matches went 5-2, with the very last match having me die at 50% due to the Rosaluma butt punish. Bracket 2 better be ready for Yoshi next season.

Top Bottom