• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

SoldnerKei

... forgot the items... lololol

I'll pick it again, without items xD

lol, Falcon nope just a few seconds into the game xD

ok, seems like my stage is glitched with Falcon lol, need to fix that cannon

SoldnerKei

that, dair was just in case... I swear :x

so, we are changing the match up huh? now I am really feeling it!

his range sure gives trouble to Zelda D:

FluxWaveZ

GGs.

Yoshi's down B kind of confuses me; I feel like I'll get hit by it anytime I'm close. It doesn't bypass a shield or anything weird, right? I guess it's just so fast and I keep getting hit by it when I'm caught unaware.

SoldnerKei

welp, that was a pretty good way to start a match and then totally not feeling it :v

great games TWILT, it has been a while since I had such intense games, you gave me hell with your Shulk and Pikachu, even thou some games went pretty even I felt like my ass was getting kicked badly more than going even haha, thou you totally kicked my ass with some of those 2 stock'd games

thanks for the practice session pal, I really need to get back on track with this game!

TWILT

Banned
welp, that was a pretty good way to start a match and then totally not feeling it :v

great games TWILT, it has been a while since I had such intense games, you gave me hell with your Shulk and Pikachu, even thou some games went pretty even I felt like my ass was getting kicked badly more than going even haha, thou you totally kicked my ass with some of those 2 stock'd games

thanks for the practice session pal, I really need to get back on track with this game!

GGs Kei! Really fun games; stuck with mostly my main 4 (Shulk/Pika/Link/Robin) and got some great practice in. Link dittos were intense and fun and ZSS was fun to fight against. You should also play Ganondorf/Zelda some more; maybe I'm just terribad at fighting them, but god they were annoying lol. Thanks for playing; up for more next time!

SoldnerKei

GGs Kei! Really fun games; stuck with mostly my main 4 (Shulk/Pika/Link/Robin) and got some great practice in. Link dittos were intense and fun and ZSS was fun to fight against. You should also play Ganondorf/Zelda some more; maybe I'm just terribad at fighting them, but god they were annoying lol. Thanks for playing; up for more next time!

I was seriously considering in throwing Ganontruck at you again haha, but the thing is I really want to get better with ZSS, and Link has trouble with pika's matchup so I was trying to learn as much as I could, but seriously it was hell! haha there were some time when I had to just counter attack whatever approach you did with pivot ftilts, worked but it was pretty hard to keep up, again really good games TWILT, let's play again some time

GGs.

Yoshi's down B kind of confuses me; I feel like I'll get hit by it anytime I'm close. It doesn't bypass a shield or anything weird, right? I guess it's just so fast and I keep getting hit by it when I'm caught unaware.
Roll right as it starts up, then you can get a dash attack off.

The move has two hitboxes:
1) An initial hit that comes from Yoshi.
2) A projectile hit that spreads out from both sides.

The second hit is delayed a bit, so you can block the down B, let go, and then get hit.

Had to finish abruptly, good games.

Don't know who to use along with Lucas, though.
Ribbit.

FluxWaveZ

Roll right as it starts up, then you can get a dash attack off.

The move has two hitboxes:
1) An initial hit that comes from Yoshi.
2) A projectile hit that spreads out from both sides.

The second hit is delayed a bit, so you can block the down B, let go, and then get hit.

The problem isn't the second part of the attack for me, it's the very first active frames of the first phase when Yoshi does a down B on the ground (so not doing it from the air). If I'm being too defensive, I'll eventually let go of the shield for an instant or try to roll away, but the startup of Yoshi's down B is crazy fast, so it will catch me during that instant and I'll get hit by both phases of the move. It's not a problem when I'm not right next to Yoshi.

The problem isn't the second part of the attack for me, it's the very first active frames of the first phase when Yoshi does a down B on the ground (so not doing it from the air). If I'm being too defensive, I'll eventually let go of the shield for an instant or try to roll away, but the startup of Yoshi's down B is crazy fast, so it will catch me during that instant and I'll get hit by both phases of the move. It's not a problem when I'm not right next to Yoshi.

Well, yeah, that is the point of the move. It is mostly meant for reads or breaking shields. The first part picks you up if you touch it, and it allows the second part to hit.

Think of it like spin dash, but not as safe, and doesn't combo into anything :p

FluxWaveZ

Well, yeah, that is the point of the move. It is mostly meant for reads or breaking shields. The first part picks you up if you touch it, and it allows the second part to hit.

Think of it like spin dash, but not as safe, and doesn't combo into anything :p

I'm not complaining about the move. I'm just explaining what in particular I was having trouble with it; it's something I'll have to keep in mind when on the defense versus Yoshi.

I'm not complaining about the move. I'm just explaining what in particular I was having trouble with it; it's something I'll have to keep in mind when on the defense versus Yoshi.

Oh, okay. I will be sure to use it more then.

Some of you really need to learn some stage diversity. There is more than 1 legal tourney stage people!

There is also more than battlefield >.>

Anyone want to play?

Top Bottom