• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

FluxWaveZ

Oh, okay. I will be sure to use it more then.

I tend to not have trouble against that move when playing as Sonic, though, so the trouble I was having might just be because I was goofing off with other characters whose mobility isn't my strong suit. Seems like a move which can be easily punished when evaded.

I tend to not have trouble against that move when playing as Sonic, though, so the trouble I was having might just be because I was goofing off with other characters whose mobility isn't my strong suit. Seems like a move which can be easily punished when evaded.

I also don't use it a lot against Sonic because of how fast he is, and because of the strength of his punishes. Against Rosalina I am able to hit her, Luma, both, or none. She also isn't super fast so I don't have to fear an fsmash afterwards. The move does have a lot of end lag, so it is very punishable on evasion.

So does anyone want to play? If not I might actually play Splatoon for once. The 3.5 hours that I have put in it since launch mock me.

You aren't doing anything unless I attack first so i'm doing the same thing.

lol what a load of crap I was chasing you the entire time until that last match to prove a point. All you did was move from corner to corner in BF with Luigi to throw fireballs and/or bait

Puruzi

Banned
Well I hope you saved some replays because you seem to think that standing still under a platform throwing fireballs is being aggressive.

I really didn't say that was aggressive though. I played like that when I switched to Luigi because of the airdodging around and throwing out the safest moves. When I was Roy I was plenty aggressive, but it wasn't working out.

I really didn't say that was aggressive though. I played like that when I switched to Luigi because of the airdodging around and throwing out the safest moves. When I was Roy I was plenty aggressive, but it wasn't working out.

Right. I am talking about the Luigi matches specifically. You were plenty aggressive with Roy. Don't get me wrong. I am a big proponent of proper spacing and taking your time and choosing your offense wisely, I just thought you went overboard with Luigi, comparative to how you usually play. Prob didn't help that I was already annoyed with playing on BF for the 15th time out of the last 18 games, lol.

That is Luigi's neutral.

Not at all. Luigi has some interesting approach options in the weirdest way because he moves so slow in the air, but they are really effective. If you get a chance play some of the top Luigi players on Anthers. They are fairly agressive, particularly early on.

Puruzi

Banned
Right. I am talking about the Luigi matches specifically. You were plenty aggressive with Roy. Don't get me wrong. I am a big proponent of proper spacing and taking your time and choosing your offense wisely, I just thought you went overboard with Luigi, comparative to how you usually play. Prob didn't help that I was already annoyed with playing on BF for the 15th time out of the last 18 games, lol.

I also did that because I was getting tired and fireballs are a great way to autopilot and not have to think about anything

Not at all. Luigi has some interesting approach options in the weirdest way because he moves so slow in the air, but they are really effective. If you get a chance play some of the top Luigi players on Anthers. They are fairly agressive, particularly early on.

It totally depends on the opponent. Some characters have nothing against fireballs, so they are forced to approach and Luigi can punish from there. Obviously fireballs only work at low % on Lucas and Ness. Even people like Boss throw out fireballs in the neutral and at the start of matches a decent amount. It is best to rush in and try and get grab combos against some characters. I agree that 5+ fireballs in a row isn't really Luigi's game, but it can work.

The problem isn't the second part of the attack for me, it's the very first active frames of the first phase when Yoshi does a down B on the ground (so not doing it from the air). If I'm being too defensive, I'll eventually let go of the shield for an instant or try to roll away, but the startup of Yoshi's down B is crazy fast, so it will catch me during that instant and I'll get hit by both phases of the move. It's not a problem when I'm not right next to Yoshi.
Ah, I see. It is always helpful to remember that most rolls have 4f or so of startup. If you are Bowser, your spot and air dodge also have 4f startup. :(

Some of you really need to learn some stage diversity. There is more than 1 legal tourney stage people!
Just call it by name, man.

That is Luigi's neutral.
This is why I spend half of my matches charging Shadow Ball against you. :p

This is why I spend half of my matches charging Shadow Ball against you. :p

It has been a long time since you've played my Luigi 1v1. I don't try to spam fireballs across the stage, but spamming them when you're in range forces you to reflect, shield, jump, or approach. You used to be able to 2 stock my Luigi, but I can take games off of you now.

Anyone want to play?

It has been a long time since you've played my Luigi 1v1. I don't try to spam fireballs across the stage, but spamming them when you're in range forces you to reflect, shield, jump, or approach. You used to be able to 2 stock my Luigi, but I can take games off of you now.

Anyone want to play?
Post #6666

Satan pls go

Just having fun, obviously

Enforced

Anyone want to play?
I can play.

Neki

secretly I wonder if shamrock has written a seething response to my rosalina playstyle.

probably not though.

Nah, it's alright guys. Getting super late for me anyway. I'll try again in the afternoon tomorrow, hopefully I'll be available then. :)

Or we could do some late night 3-player FFA fun.

Top Bottom