• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

leroidys

Man I keep thinking that I'm making progress with Lucas but then play a match where I realize that I still fucking suck and do not get him at all.

Just played a campy mewtwo that spammed his b moves and barely managed to take one stock. Rematched him as G&W and easily took both stock with ~40%. I played all characters with limited approach options (Ness, G&W, Villager), but Lucas really has virtually NO approach options. If my opponent is content/committed to camp, I really have no chance. To be fair, this is a problem for me generally, but it's so much more pronounced with Lucas.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not whining about Lucas. He could very well be great in the right hands. I'm just lamenting how badly I suck with him.

Man I keep thinking that I'm making progress with Lucas but then play a match where I realize that I still fucking suck and do not get him at all.

Just played a campy mewtwo that spammed his b moves and barely managed to take one stock. Rematched him as G&W and easily took both stock with ~40%. I played all characters with limited approach options (Ness, G&W, Villager), but Lucas really has virtually NO approach options. If my opponent is content/committed to camp, I really have no chance. To be fair, this is a problem for me generally, but it's so much more pronounced with Lucas.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not whining about Lucas. He could very well be great in the right hands. I'm just lamenting how badly I suck with him.

Eh dont beat yourself up about it, hes one of those high learning curve characters, I used to feel the same with Sonic, but I think im starting to do better with him (after how many years....?Lol).

Beats

I think I do a lot better if I sit around and wait for my opponent to do something. But I have less fun that way. :/

It has been a long time since you've played my Luigi 1v1. I don't try to spam fireballs across the stage, but spamming them when you're in range forces you to reflect, shield, jump, or approach. You used to be able to 2 stock my Luigi, but I can take games off of you now.

Anyone want to play?
I am just recalling you complaining that I spend so much of the match charging Shadow Ball. It counters Luigi's fireball, so it will be my go-to counter if you use fireball a lot.

Also...I confess that you shield break from Shadow Ball more than any other person I have played when you use Luigi. I adore shield breaks, so I actually spend our matches focusing on that and squeeing with glee when I succeed. :p

Dunno im not good player. :p
Edit: im done. I can't do it. Good games. :p
Sounds like you need help with the game. Want to play sometime?

Why weren't you healing from all that Shadow Ball spam? Mewtwo shouldn't get away with that!

TWILT

Banned
I don't recognize anyone in my Smash 4 pools besides Omni lol. Can't get too careless though.

I have FChamp in my Marvel and LordKnight/Souji in my Persona pools. :(

I don't recognize anyone in my Smash 4 pools besides Omni lol. Can't get too careless though.

I have FChamp in my Marvel and LordKnight/Souji in my Persona pools. :(
Dang, good luck. Your Smash pool looks a lot better than the others. Kinda weird that they put Souji/Lordknight in the same pool, though..

Edit: Did they give you first seed in your pool for Smash?

I am just recalling you complaining that I spend so much of the match charging Shadow Ball. It counters Luigi's fireball, so it will be my go-to counter if you use fireball a lot.

Also...I confess that you shield break from Shadow Ball more than any other person I have played when you use Luigi. I adore shield breaks, so I actually spend our matches focusing on that and squeeing with glee when I succeed.

When I said that I was more referring to the Yoshi matches. Even in those you spend d a ton of time just charging Shadow Ball.

I try to powershield out of a run with Luigi, so I tend to get hit more often. If I was patient in the game and I walked, I probably would not get my shield broken so much.

Soul Lab

alright! I gotta go, unfortunetaly. :/

GGs! an advice: never ever insta air dodge after Luigi dthrow. I can punish you with up b ^^

Top Bottom