• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Cronox

Banned
Finally got back and have played a bit under an hour of experimenting with the DLC characters. Lucas' b-sticking is harder than I'd hoped, to properly wave bounce off a pk fire it seems you have to flick the c-stick exactly to the right or left, if the controller reads a diagonal of any kind a pk fire comes out without the part where Lucas zooms in the other direction. Really difficult to do consistently, and doing it wrong means eating a punish. I remember this being easier to do in Brawl :(

All 3 DLC characters are pretty fun though. Lucas will be the biggest challenge of the 3 to play well...

How am I supposed to get back on stage vs Villager as Lucina? That shit is difficult.

If your sent up high and towards the left or right off screen, jump and use a fully charged up shield breaker (neutralB). That gives you a good push towards the stage usually.

Oh and Welcome back Cronox!

FSLink

Banned
Also hold down to not grab the ledge automatically if you're upBing and you think you can hit Villager before he even drops the bowling ball.

When I said that I was more referring to the Yoshi matches. Even in those you spend d a ton of time just charging Shadow Ball.

I try to powershield out of a run with Luigi, so I tend to get hit more often. If I was patient in the game and I walked, I probably would not get my shield broken so much.
Mewtwo has zero options against Yoshi. :/ Might as well charge Shadow Ball, since everything else is awash.

Sure. I'll let you know. My mains are Toon link, Kirby, and Rosalina.
Add Karsticles.

I'm down for 2v2. I want to stress test my ethernet adapter and haven't tried 2v2 yet since I got it. Need a partner though.
How is 1v1 now?

Lol, 14 new replays received. Connecting online took forever.
I hate how long that takes.

FluxWaveZ

I heard yoshi have been lagging in FG for some reason....not sure if true. Ill try FG and see if I lag myself.

You know, I've heard this before and I just shrugged it off, but the day I come back to Anther's and the only lag I experience is against a Yoshi player. That's pretty funny.

Also, wasn't aware they overhauled their whole system, using leagues and such. Looks cool.

Just finished a fight vs a villager, started off good but got these random lag spikes....gonna try once more vs another player.

Edit: just fought the most patient Captain Falcon player ever.....no lag in this match though.

You know, I've heard this before and I just shrugged it off, but the day I come back to Anther's and the only lag I experience is against a Yoshi player. That's pretty funny.

Also, wasn't aware they overhauled their whole system, using leagues and such. Looks cool.

What do you mean leagues?

That's why Anther is so great. The guy is constantly fixing up the site. Puts Nintendodojo to shame.

I think he means the League of Legends rank *cough*salt*cough* system.

Ah I see, well whatever he did, he fixed the character rankings which was an issue. Now it seems like more properly ranks players based on what character they use the most often.

by the way, anyone interested in joining Anther's Ladder, or if you are already there, join our chat. type in "neogaf" without the quotations, or if you are having problems figuring it out, message me (shamrock7r) and I will invite you in. We will probably use the chat for the crew battle as it will be easier for teams to set up their own private chat there

FluxWaveZ

I think he means the League of Legends rank *cough*salt*cough* system.

Ew, MOBAs. No, I was thinking about StarCraft II and how it has Bronze leagues to Grand Master leagues, delineated depending on a player's performance. Seems like Anther's even adopted the same naming terminology.

Ew, MOBAs. No, I was thinking about StarCraft II and how it has Bronze leagues to Grand Master leagues, delineated depending on a player's performance. Seems like Anther's even adopted the same naming terminology.

Pretty happy where I am ranking wise considering I have played like 50 games. Can't keep up with people already at 250+ games, lol

Eh....is it too late to join Anthers? Not sure if its a seasonal thing or not.

The rankings are a seasonal thing but you can join at anytime. I just started playing the other day and got to rank 150 or so before dropping.

Wii U Spring 2015
May 1, 2015 - July 30, 2015

Is the current season.

I swear I feel like im the only player that loves that stage on GAF. =P

I like it because everyone else doesn't. >:D

Oh no, that was totally my choice. I'm the opposite of people who will only pick a single stage: I pick any on a whim as long as they're legal, even if I don't like them.

Oh, I wasn't trying to throw shade or anything.

Just saying it still hasn't picked my stage. >.>;;;;

Top Bottom