• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

PT is still the deepest wound for me. It actually captured the gameplay of the series it's representing, added some much needed variety to character mechanics, and it had fucking SQUIRTLE.

Charizard alone feels like garbage in comparison.

Me too, man. Me too. I seriously hate Charizard lately but I didn't mind using it as part of a team with the other two.

They could've at least let Pokemon Trainer cheer on Pikachu in the background or something. :/

JulianImp

Me too, man. Me too. I seriously hate Charizard lately but I didn't mind using it as part of a team with the other two.

They could've at least let Pokemon Trainer cheer on Pikachu in the background or something. :/

Then he'd have to move at half the regular framerate, like everything that isn't a fighter. I love when a match ends as one of my hydrants is flying around, since it makes the blocky, fixed rotation really stand out.

I think the 3DS-WiiU multiplat also affects character's facial animations, since from what I've seen most of them have just "mouth closed" and "mouth open" animation states for when they speak. Having a single pokémon or AT out at a time is also a real shame, but I guess they had to do that to minimize memory-hogging events (ie: they can keep texture, model and behavior space for a single pokémon in memory at a time, rather than anywhere from one to six or so).

And I'll insist that they should've given ZSS's final smash to Falco instead.
And then given ZSS a landmaster.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

They should have shoe-in Pokemon Trainer as Charizard's final smash cutscene (below) and victory poses (like Brawl's Pokemon Trainer and Little Mac's Coach.)

tdiHoSp.gif

JulianImp

With exams finally out of the way, I think I'll finally be able to play Smash more often again.

I won't be letting up on my Pac-Man until I stop getting owned by some of you guys!

...Still, it's sad to see that playing against high tiers can be a real uphill battle for me now. Yesterday I played a decent Sonic player in FG, and Sonic's mobility proved too much for me, even when I was smart enough to stop his spin dashes with trampolines and fruit, his other approaches and juggles were too much for me to handle.

Still, I love how many people kind of develop tunnel vision whenever one of my hydrants is in play. I'll happily let you bash my hydrant if that means you aren't hitting me at all, and I've finally gotten kind of used to the launch angles so that I can avoid them merely by walking.
My shielding game's as bad as ever, though.

What did you think of the replay I sent you? Did it change your opinion on Dedede and Battlefield?

Didn't see it yet. I got 14 replays when we played yesterday but it was not one of them. Are you sure you sent it? And it will take a lot to make me love Battlefield with Dedede. Those platforms mess up Gordo spacing and Dedede is too big too maneuver between them :p.

JulianImp

I remember wanting a Gym leader playable in Brawl. Fighting along side their pokemon......*looks at smash ballot*

Thanks to memory issues, he'll have to be the guy with the six Magikarp team. Final smash could be him selling one of the Magikarps off to an opposing fighter, forcing them to play as Magikarp until they get KOed.

That reminds me I wish there was some item that did Manaphy's heart swap effect or something. An event match or special smash mode where you'd be randomly swapping characters every X seconds would've been really fun.

Stat!

Does anyone know of a website where I can make those "Has entered the battle pictures" or a compilation of all of them?

KingBroly

Banned
After a month, I still think Miiverse is my favorite stage in the game. It's like Battlefield, but the background color is very easy on my shitty, shitty eyes.

It just sucks that you can't share screens/replays from it, and I assume Youtube ones in the future as well.

Oh, and the Community drawings are fun too, I guess.

Oh man, I just had the most intense session with a Sonic player. Saved some of the replays.

http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssb4_a33.html

Besides Zero (who I'll be sending to Losers), what big names are in my pool?
I don't recognize them, but maybe Google each name?

After a month, I still think Miiverse is my favorite stage in the game. It's like Battlefield, but the background color is very easy on my shitty, shitty eyes.

It just sucks that you can't share screens/replays from it, and I assume Youtube ones in the future as well.

Oh, and the Community drawings are fun too, I guess.
Can you save replays at all?

JulianImp

I finally got back home after waiting almost a whole hour for my bus to come. Habing to wait for so long on a winter night sure ain't pretty.

If anyone wants to play me (either 1v1 or 2v2s), my NNID's the same as my GAF username.

Oidisco

I finally got back home after waiting almost a whole hour for my bus to come. Habing to wait for so long on a winter night sure ain't pretty.

If anyone wants to play me (either 1v1 or 2v2s), my NNID's the same as my GAF username.

I can play for a little while if you want

JulianImp

...Seriously, why did Pac-Man have to get the worst throws in everything? Grab's slow as hell and throws neither kill nor combo into anything. Best I can hope for is tech chasing with dthrow.

Also, it looks like Nayru really loves Zelda. Didn't even know the initial hydrant could get reflected as well before our match.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey guys, I want to get better as Mega Man. Is there a specific user whose replays I can follow online? Just looking to watch some high level play to get some ideas. Thanks!

Oidisco

...Seriously, why did Pac-Man have to get the worst throws in everything? Grab's slow as hell and throws neither kill nor combo into anything. Best I can hope for is tech chasing with dthrow.

Also, it looks like Nayru really loves Zelda. Didn't even know the initial hydrant could get reflected as well before our match.

When you first throw out the hydrant either a reflector or strong disjointed attack will send it back up. A properly timed up-air from Zelda will do it too, though nayru's love is the better option

Puruzi

Banned
Hey guys, I want to get better as Mega Man. Is there a specific user whose replays I can follow online? Just looking to watch some high level play to get some ideas. Thanks!

Play Blue Namagem and Anonymous Tipster here.
If you want to watch videos StylesX2 has a pretty sexy Megaman.

Anyone wanna 1v1? ID is HarimeNui

JulianImp

I might as well SD every time I miss a grab. Meanwhile, you fish for upBs and I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to punish it in time.

Edit: Let's see how I do with somebody other than Pac-Man...

Edit 2: Nope, it seems I still suck. At least it's good to know the problem isn't Pac-Man himself.

Edit 3: Okay, I guess I'll just go cry into a corner.

Tipster plays a mean Megaman, AFAIK.

Oidisco

I might as well SD every time I miss a grab. Meanwhile, you fish for upBs and I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to punish it in time.

Edit: Let's see how I do with somebody other than Pac-Man...

Edit 2: Nope, it seems I still suck. At least it's good to know the problem isn't Pac-Man himself.

Dude you don't suck at all, you won like half the games we played yesterday. At the moment it just seems like your a little flustered and throwing a lot of unsafe moves

Pac is all about the setup. Easy to fluster pac players if you make it hard for them to set something up. It happens to me when I play as Pac lol

JulianImp

Dude you don't suck at all, you won like half the games we played yesterday. At the moment it just seems like your a little flustered and throwing a lot of unsafe moves

Yeah. I'm kind of moody today, so I might be making unsafe plays. Being reckless coupled with my nonexistant shield game means I'm spacing things badly on top of never shielding when I should.

@Sham: Yeah, I feel like characters that can get in my face all the time give me a really hard time, and ones with longer reach in their normals are also a pain since most of my aerials won't trade favorably. I'm still trying to get used to the boss galaga and the bell as well, so I keep doing some random things that don't end up working in the end.

Top Bottom