• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Went to a local tourney only to find out it was doubles and triples day...

Was able to get into triples but we got destroyed since none of us knew how to handle triples lol. At least we won some matches but never won a set lol

Went to a local tourney only to find out it was doubles and triples day...

Was able to get into triples but we got destroyed since none of us knew how to handle triples lol. At least we won some matches but never won a set lol
Get that triple Zelda team going. Spam side B all day long!

JulianImp

Alright, last game

What happened? It looked like you stopped moving altogether right before the end in that second to last game.

...Then I SD in the second one.

Oh well, good games. I guess I finally began doing better after I managed to cool off a bit.

Oidisco

What happened? It looked like you stopped moving altogether right before the end in that second to last game.

...Then I SD in the second one.

Oh well, good games. I guess I finally began doing better after I managed to cool off a bit.

Yea someone came to the door and had to stop.

Anyways yea good games. You started being very defensive and kept throwing out projectiles, which made it hard. It started frustrating me a little, so I started to over-commit and make dumb mistakes.

JulianImp

Yea someone came to the door and had to stop.

Anyways yea good games. You started being very defensive and kept throwing out projectiles, which made it hard. It started frustrating me a little, so I started to over-commit and make dumb mistakes.

Yeah, I finally realized jumping back while lobbing fruit was a good way to harass you without getting punished too easily, and I began laying hydrants and trampolines as traps rather than just using them to attack.

Still, I find my inability to block a bit worrying. While I can space myself pretty well, I feel like I never shield and do things out of it, even when OOS nairs would often be a better move than simple walking or running away to avoid attacks altogether.

I've also got to use ftilt more, since it's amazing for poking without overcommitting.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Here is Sakurai's Smash for 3DS/Wii U PowerPoint proposal in English!
Granted, it's only a selection of the slides (since Sakurai refuses to reveal everything), but interesting nonetheless. :)

FINALLY!

Edited: I WAS SOOOO CLOSE WITH MY GUESS ON WHEN SAKURAI FINISHED WITH HIS BRAINSTORMING PHASE! Here is my summary that I worked on long time ago.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Development Schedules

• After E3 2005 (May 2005), Iwata asked Sakurai to be Director of Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Character Roster and Design document were finalized on July 7, 2005.
  • Development of Super Smash Bros. Brawl began somewhen during Oct 2005
  • First Super Smash Bros Brawl Trailer was revealed during E3 After Hours Press Conference on May 10, 2006.
  • Second Super Smash Bros Brawl Trailer was revealed at Nintendo World, which announced Fox as playable character
  • Super Smash Bros Dojo was launched on May 27, 2007
  • Sonic and Delay were announced on Oct 10, 2007
  • Brawl went gold in December 2007
  • Release Date - Japan: Jan 31, 2008 and NA: March 9, 2008
  • Super Smash Bros Dojo ended on April 14, 2008

Informations:

• Nintendo opened a new office in Tokyo just for Super Smash Bros Brawl production.
  • New office aka Sora, LTD was established in order to Sakurai to be freelancer. Sora, LTD only have two members, which is Sakurai and his assistant.
  • Nintendo and Sakurai enlisted several companies to helping them out with Super Smash Bros Brawl Development. Those following companies and members that joined the team to assist Sakurai; Game Arts, Monolith Soft, Paon, and several smash veteran staff members.
  • Game Arts is the main team for preliminary development stage
  • Hal Laboratory gave the teams all accesses to original materials and tools from the development of Super Smash Bros Melee.
  • About 100 members worked on the project full time.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Development Schedule

• Iwata announced Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS during Nintendo E3 2011 conference in order to attract new team members
  • During Feb 2012, Sakurai tweeted that, during his brainstorming, he had been looking over Super Smash Bros Dojo, and reflecting on the past game's development.
  • E3 2012 Nintendo Direct confirmed joint-project between Sora, LTD and Namco Bandai
  • During June 2012, Sakurai reported that the game's development was in its first steps.
  • During June 2012, They announced that Sakurai and Namco Bandai already completed a working prototype.
  • During Aug 2012, Sakurai stated that game system had been completed.
  • E3 2013 Nintendo Direct release a first trailer of Super Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U, which confirmed 9 veteran characters and 3 newcomers; Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, Pit, Fox, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Mega Man.
  • Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS website went up on June 13, 2013
  • Daily Image started on June 13, 2013.
  • Smash Direct were shown on April 8/9.

Informations
  • Yoshito Higuchi and Keiki Kobayashi are team leaders for Development teams.
  • Majority of development happened at Bandai Namco Studio which is located in Mirai-Kenkyusho, Toyko, Japan.
  • Sakurai expressed his interests that he intended to bring back old Nintendo characters for the games.
  • Feeling that the series had found its target audience and introducing gimmicks would hinder rather than help the brand, Sakurai explained that he was thinking of ways to introduce a new, different experience, while retaining the frantic gameplay from previous installments.
  • Tripping were removed from the game, and gameplay would be between Melee and Brawl

My takes on Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Schedule
  • Sakurai probably started on brainstorming phase in Jan 2012, and finalized his roster plan and design document in March 2012.
  • Namco Bandai and Sora, LTD probably started working on the games somwhen during April or May 2012, which would explain that they have completed prototype in their hands during June 2012.

Woah, Smash Run was supposed to be online.

Man, that would be amazing if it actually happens. :(

FluxWaveZ

Last match, Namikaze.

Edit: GGs, that last MU was a pretty good coincidence. The variety was neat; there are still a bunch of characters in SSB4 that I've never even played as. I should get around to them at some point, just to get a feel for all of the cast.

A Dedede changed his tag to "plznospam". Fucking irony of the world right there.

Some guy on Anther's left a comment for me that said I am an egg spamming Yoshi. I think I actually use a lot less eggs than most Yoshi players, and the guy was just spamming down-B with ZSS. People will always find something to complain about.

Some guy on Anther's left a comment for me that said I am an egg spamming Yoshi. I think I actually use a lot less eggs than most Yoshi players, and the guy was just spamming down-B with ZSS. People will always find something to complain about.
I wish people didn't. Like...I will complain about Yoshi being too good, but I never complain about you or your playstyle. Play to win, and all that.

This guy was your typical Dedede that jumps around throwing gordos all game too.

Playing FG right now. Man o Man
Morning is so nice. All the losers come out at night. This guy just switched his tag to "UPLAY2MUCH". Like...how often does that come up where you made a tag? Lol

Edit: he just entered a match to SD twice. Must be angry, haha. Some people...

Edit: Wow, again. I am just going to browse GAF and see how long he does this.

Edit: 11:15 and he is still going. "nosmash4u", "only menus".

Top Bottom