• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I'm quite late in following up on this but...
Sure! I should be up for it Sundayish or next week.
Are you available to play in the mornings? I believe we're an hour apart so we can make something work, as I'll be rather busy this week. :O

Also JulianImp, I don't think we've played yet. At some point we should. :)

JulianImp

Are you available to play in the mornings? I believe we're an hour apart so we can make something work, as I'll be rather busy this week. :O

For sure! I'll probably be around today and maybe tomorrow if you want to play.

I don't play a ton of characters >.<

I guess you need to see the power of "Dinosaur Revenge".

Is that supposed to be anything like "Brooklyn Rage"?

JulianImp

I don't know what that is.

Dinosaur Revenge is my side-right taunt.

Then no. I was only subject to "FLY AWAY!" and some other taunt you used as DK.

I think I do remember playing against your Yoshi a little bit. Was it you who I fought in the (for some reason) non-omega version of Ryu's stage? I was mostly into using Roy at that time, so I guess I should have you play against my Pac-Man some more, too.

Right now I'm considering if a crazy fruits custom set would be any good, since some of the fruits actually do interesting things, but I haven't tested it out enough to see whether the upgraded early fruits are worth losing the bell's stun and the key's range, since they're both very important KO tools for Pac-Man.

Then no. I was only subject to "FLY AWAY!" and some other taunt you used as DK.

I think I do remember playing against your Yoshi a little bit. Was it you who I fought in the (for some reason) non-omega version of Ryu's stage? I was mostly into using Roy at that time, so I guess I should have you play against my Pac-Man some more, too.

Right now I'm considering if a crazy fruits custom set would be any good, since some of the fruits actually do interesting things, but I haven't tested it out enough to see whether the upgraded early fruits are worth losing the bell's stun and the key's range, since they're both very important KO tools for Pac-Man.

That's my favourite taunt and works in so many situations (a lot more for DK).

I think that might've been me. I don't really remember facing your Roy. Too many people play Roy. I mean, who doesn't play Roy other than Karsticles and me? I think almost everyone else has used Roy against me at some point. I am pretty sure you have used Pac-Man the most against me. I am sure of this because I end up getting mad due to the hydrant + fruit play-style.

You should just spam Dead Like Dinos whenever you play Yoshi.

It's easily the most annoying taunt because I can feel the character limit.

Fly Away! is the most generic one, though. I also have the habit of doing Fly Away! because it is my down taunt, and the animation on that is my favourite. Dinosaur Revenge was created mostly for meteor smashes, you know, as a joke.

I don't see how it is annoying because of the character limit. Does it annoy you that it isn't Dead like the Dinosaurs?

Sonic speed!

JulianImp

I am pretty sure you have used Pac-Man the most against me. I am sure of this because I end up getting mad due to the hydrant + fruit play-style.

A tip against hydrants is to not focus on them to the point you're going out of your way to hit them, since that buys me time to charge my fruit and also opens you up to huge punishes (deal even 1% to the hydrant and that enables me to send it back at you with a bair).

Something weird I noticed is that sometimes my Pac-Man jumps when I'm on top of a hydrant even though I have tap jump off and am not pressing either jump button. Most of the time it happens when I mash the stick to a side and the C-stick the other way to get a quick bair after dropping off of the hydrant.

Speaking of taunts, I wish Nintendo would let me use Japanese input in the US version of smash. I want my "&#28961;&#39364;&#28961;&#39364;&#28961;&#39364;&#28961;&#39364;&#28961;&#39364;&#28961;&#39364;&#28961;&#39364;&#65281;" taunt.

Flux: I guess we could play for a bit.

Someone here might need a lesson ASAP.

I am wireless and I don't really get lag unless a bunch of people are using my connection. If my brother moves out, I will be able to go wired, but when that is happening is ¯_(&#12484;)_/¯ My connection is something like 250/20, which I believe is the best in Canada. I may be wrong on the upload speed.
Ain't nothing noteworthy about a Yoshi.

I think you swapped characters too often for me to see Yoshi as your main.

The one character you used the most against me was DK in Battlefield. Seriously.
I think this is CRQ's problem, too.

A tip against hydrants is to not focus on them to the point you're going out of your way to hit them, since that buys me time to charge my fruit and also opens you up to huge punishes (deal even 1% to the hydrant and that enables me to send it back at you with a bair).

It is tough to go around it as Luigi. I can just throw eggs if I am Yoshi.

Anyone want to play?

FluxWaveZ

I'm really sorry, but first someone came at the door and now the game hung on me. I won't take it personally if you want to play somebody else.

Host the room and I'll hop on now, but it's pretty lame to have to wait 20 minutes to fight someone without any explanation as to why while waiting.

Ain't nothing noteworthy about a Yoshi.

I think this is CRQ's problem, too.
What, my switching characters thing? I have so many characters because this game is more dependent on matchups than other Smash games in my opinion. But in all honesty, it kinda bores me to play the same character all the time in friendlies. I've got no problem playing 2 characters in a whole tournament, but it lessens my fun in friendlies where I can safely experiment.

Except Charizard and Doc, whom I can inexplicably play for long periods of time and have fun with. Maybe I find it fun to try and work around their limits? I don't know.

So who else really loves how all plumbers are top tier and they have a matchup triangle going on

Mario > Wario
Luigi > Mario
Wario > Luigi

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Will be late on my ranbat match this week. Very busy holiday week at my area of work.

Won't have time until Monday.

JulianImp

Good games, and sorry for keeping you waiting (even though you're the Sonic player).

Tried to use crazy fruits for the last game and things worked out fine, but the other customs I had in that set I imported from my 3DS ended up consting me the match (damn long side B...).

So I'm in today's 128-person local tournament at Anime Expo and just won my first match... nothing like starting off with a mirror match to give you the jitters! I definitely didn't want to a lose to a fellow Mega Man player in my very first match, especially with two of my friends watching!

My opponent was pretty good, but once I had him figured out I was able to win pretty handily. Even finished off the second match (best 2 of 3) with a Hard Knuckle spike!

He switched to Pac-Man for the second match... damn, can he be deceptively tricky or what?! All those fire hydrants and fruits were really keeping me on my toes!

JulianImp

So I'm in today's 128-person local tournament at Anime Expo and just won my first match... nothing like starting off with a mirror match to give you the jitters! I definitely didn't want to a lose to a fellow Mega Man player in my very first match, especially with two of my friends watching!

My opponent was pretty good, but once I had him figured out I was able to win pretty handily. Even finished off the second match (best 2 of 3) with a Hard Knuckle spike!

He switched to Pac-Man for the second match... damn, can he be deceptively tricky or what?! All those fire hydrants and fruits were really keeping me on my toes!

We could play a couple of matches to get you used to the Pac-Man match-up, if you want.

Yeah, mornings are good for me. I'll let you know.

What, my switching characters thing? I have so many characters because this game is more dependent on matchups than other Smash games in my opinion. But in all honesty, it kinda bores me to play the same character all the time in friendlies. I've got no problem playing 2 characters in a whole tournament, but it lessens my fun in friendlies where I can safely experiment.

Except Charizard and Doc, whom I can inexplicably play for long periods of time and have fun with. Maybe I find it fun to try and work around their limits? I don't know.
Yeah. You talked before about not getting the name drops. I think this is why.

I don't think this game is extremely matchup dependent, and I play Bowser. :p Almost everyone in the game shares the same bad Matchups, because a handful of characters are OP.

Top Bottom