• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

I'm still open to 2v2s.

I also agree that, while I do like practicing my Pac-Man match-ups intensely at times, I also like fooling around with my secondaries and other random characters I like to have some fun as well.

God damn WiiU game. I played Crazy orders and cleared Classic on 8.5 and got no customs for Pac-Man at all. I just want me crazy fruits, man.

JulianImp

I'll host a room for 2v2s in case more people want to join us, then.

That would be fun! Might have to wait awhile though because I'm exhibiting at San Diego Comic-Con next week, so I'll be gone from Monday to Sunday. I'll hit you up the following week, though!

Sure, whatever works best for you. I believe there're few things worse than losing simply due to match-up inexperience, and Pac-Man can certainly look menacing at first with all his fruit options and the hydrant mini-game he forces on you, but with enough experience you'll know what to expect from him and fight him on even ground.

Also, remember that you can basically go make yourself a sandwich every time he misses his grab. It's so bad I wish they'd at least give it wind hitboxes leading up to the grab or something to make it suck less.

Sure, whatever works best for you. I believe there're few things worse than losing simply due to match-up inexperience, and Pac-Man can certainly look menacing at first with all his fruit options and the hydrant mini-game he forces on you, but with enough experience you'll know what to expect from him and fight him on even ground.

Also, remember that you can basically go make yourself a sandwich every time he misses his grab. It's so bad I wish they'd at least give it wind hitboxes leading up to the grab or something to make it suck less.

Yeah, once we were both through our first stocks I'd kind of gotten a feel for the flow of a decent Pac-Man battle. I feel like you're probably quite a bit better than he was. He spammed his fire hydrant too much early on which let me figure out how to punish him pretty quickly.

And yeah, I'm well aware that Pac-Man's grab is pretty awful, and he whiffed it every... single... time. Needless to say, I made him pay for it. ;)

Sadly, I just got knocked out by a really good Mario player. It always feels like Mega Man has so few options against a competent Mario, to me at least... definitely one of his unfavorable matchups, I think. But I was straight-up outplayed, so it was a satisfying loss (as much as a loss can even be satisfying, haha).

I hate hate HATE Mario's down throw-up tilt juggle combo. Fucking... hate... it. :p

JulianImp

I've left the room so I can add thecoolFNF. What's your NNID? Alternatively, mine's the same as my GAF username.

I hate hate HATE Mario's down throw-up tilt juggle combo. Fucking... hate... it. :p

Yeah, it's a real pain when your character has no fast options to stuff uair loops. I think MM's upB is slower than Sonic's, right?

I've left the room so I can add thecoolFNF. What's your NNID? Alternatively, mine's the same as my GAF username.

Yeah, it's a real pain when your character has no fast options to stuff uair loops. I think MM's upB is slower than Sonic's, right?

Same as my username

Cronox

Banned
Ok, I'm ready to play a little. Little bit of customs Bowser and terrible attempts to play DLC characters, any takers?

Murray97

GGs Karst, I really cannot play against Bowser, I feel like I just run into so much stuff. Mewtwo was pretty fun to play against though once I learnt some of the weird shit he can do.

Yoshi isn't notable though...

I replied to the guy. Let's hope I don't get destroyed.
Hahaha. :)

I want you to get destroyed, though. :p If he can destroy you, then I can destroy you. Either way, if you do play, would you send me 100% of the replays? I want to study those matches.

Yeah, once we were both through our first stocks I'd kind of gotten a feel for the flow of a decent Pac-Man battle. I feel like you're probably quite a bit better than he was. He spammed his fire hydrant too much early on which let me figure out how to punish him pretty quickly.

And yeah, I'm well aware that Pac-Man's grab is pretty awful, and he whiffed it every... single... time. Needless to say, I made him pay for it. ;)

Sadly, I just got knocked out by a really good Mario player. It always feels like Mega Man has so few options against a competent Mario, to me at least... definitely one of his unfavorable matchups, I think. But I was straight-up outplayed, so it was a satisfying loss (as much as a loss can even be satisfying, haha).

Casual rage. ;)

GGs Karst, I really cannot play against Bowser, I feel like I just run into so much stuff. Mewtwo was pretty fun to play against though once I learnt some of the weird shit he can do.
GGs.

Are you wired? That connection was not great. Roughly Boney tier, I would say.

My feedback: you play the neutral about twice as far away as you should be. Lucina should always be just out of range or just in range, but you space a lot of aerials quite far away. Without any disrespect, your Lucina never made me feel stressed or afraid, and I consider her to be a very stressful matchup for Mewtwo.

My hunch is that you play like you do because you are used to playing on your connection, and you can't properly space or react with that kind of delay. You play farther away because you need more time to react to things like dash attacks and running grabs. I think that, if you improved your connection quality, you would learn to be more aggressive with Lucina. A good Lucina will make a player feel extremely frustrated.

Murray97

Are you wired? That connection was not great. Roughly Boney tier, I would say.

My feedback: you play the neutral about twice as far away as you should be. Lucina should always be just out of range or just in range, but you space a lot of aerials quite far away. Without any disrespect, your Lucina never made me feel stressed or afraid, and I consider her to be a very stressful matchup for Mewtwo.

My hunch is that you play like you do because you are used to playing on your connection, and you can't properly space or react with that kind of delay. You play farther away because you need more time to react to things like dash attacks and running grabs. I think that, if you improved your connection quality, you would learn to be more aggressive with Lucina. A good Lucina will make a player feel extremely frustrated.

Yeah, I'm wired. I guess it might be the distance? I do know what you mean though, I'll try being a lot closer to people in the neutral game and see how it goes.

I don't know if there is anyway to test whether its my connection or not since For Glory is always laggy and I mostly play against players from the US. Thanks for the advice though that actually helps me focus what to work on quite a bit.

GGs Cronox. I did pretty poorly until the end. I think I might be figuring out what works consistently against Bowser. I don't like using Luigi against him. Way too scary.

Top Bottom