• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

Last one for me.

Ah, okay. Good games!

Your WFT was on point, and those volleyballs were incredibly annoying (damn, that histsun and damage...). The fact you can air stall with that and the explosion's deceptively long range really got me several times.

Ganon grabs4days was a real pain, but eventually I learned how to keep you away and zone you out with trampolines and projectiles. I'd say that's a strategy that gets way worse offline, since there's no input lag to screw up your teching.

Beats

Ah, okay. Good games!

Your WTF was on point, and those volleyballs were incredibly annoying. The fact you can air stall with that and the explosion's deceptively long range really got me several times.

Ganon grabs4days was a real pain, but eventually I learned how to keep you away and zone you out with trampolines and projectiles. I'd say that's a strategy that gets way worse offline, since there's no input lag to screw up your teching.

You can hit the balls back at me with an attack, so getting upclose to WFT while she's trying to throw one out is a good way to deal with them I think.

I'd say the side-b grabs with Ganon still work offline, but maybe the people I usually play with aren't good at teching it or haven't really sat down to get the timing right. The tech window seems really small. But I dunno.

JulianImp

You can hit the balls back at me with an attack, so getting upclose to WFT while she's trying to throw one out is a good way to deal with them I think.

I'd say the side-b grabs with Ganon still work offline, but maybe the people I usually play with aren't good at teching it or haven't really sat down to get the timing right. The tech window seems really small. But I dunno.

Still, Pac-Man has limited range an duration on his aerials, so I was often getting hit even if I went for a nair. Then again, the volleyball was sometimes breaking my hydrants in a single hit, while other times it didn't. Does it deal more damage when you hold it for longer, or any reason it could only manage to break the hydrant only sometimes?

Competitive players can tech against the stage when you try to ledgeguard them (which I can't do at all yet), so you should expect them to be able to tech at will. Still, I'd say it can be a viable tactic for a grab or two, but only if you catch opponents off guard with it, and only as long as you don't get too predictable using it over and over like you did against me. I began laying hydrants down whenever you were close to me precisely because I learned you'd often go for a command grab.

For ledgeguarding as 'Dorf, I think going for dtilt would be a more viable strategy than standing out of range and going for a dsmash, and then playing the guessing game with doing uairs to catch jumps, shield to block ledge drops into aerials, ftilts or command grabs to punish rolls and whatever else might work for Ganon. Still, I think he gets a lot better with the custom down B that has him jump a little bit before he does the attack, since it's an interesting way to get in while possibly avoiding some projectiles.

Edit: Okay, see you around. It's decent, but I needed more time to stop being a reckless moron and giving you a hand with your combos. No more steering in the air towards you since my crappy aerials don't beat that ridiculous spike.

I liked how you fished with down B in Kalos. Too bad Pac-Man can't punish that without enough prep time.

Basically, I believe Pac-Man's like the goddamn Batman. Give him enough prep time and he can do nice stuff, but get in his face and harass him and there's little his pretty gadgets can do to save him.

Looking for opponents, I guess.

Haha, yeah, using your side-B is the same way every time was pretty helpful. I pretty much could always predict when you would use your hydrant, I just never did the right thing. I need to stop trying to go for an usmash or uair when I below you because you always put out a hydrant.

I don't know if I fished with down-B. There were times when I got kills or hits with it because you tried to go for a smash attack. I think down-B kills the hydrant in one hit, so it gives me an option when I am right beside the hydrant and you are on top.

I definitely prefer Yoshi vs. Pac-Man than Luigi. Luigi is just too slow to get in your face and not let you get fruits, but Yoshi can pretty much always be there, and if he isn't, eggs can be.

Anyone want to play?

JulianImp

Haha, yeah, using your side-B is the same way every time was pretty helpful. I pretty much could always predict when you would use your hydrant, I just never did the right thing. I need to stop trying to go for an usmash or uair when I below you because you always put out a hydrant.

I don't know if I fished with down-B. There were times when I got kills or hits with it because you tried to go for a smash attack. I think down-B kills the hydrant in one hit, so it gives me an option when I am right beside the hydrant and you are on top.

I definitely prefer Yoshi vs. Pac-Man than Luigi. Luigi is just too slow to get in your face and not let you get fruits, but Yoshi can pretty much always be there, and if he isn't, eggs can be.

Anyone want to play?

Or you could space yourself to be slightly to the side rather than directly below me. That way you could've forced me to be a bit less aggressive with my hydrant deployment, since you could hit me reliably or smash the hydrant back at me.

I agree that Yoshi's better than Luigi in this match-up because his eggs can cover a wide area around him, and his good air mobility means Yoshi can get in Pac-Man's face faster, more safely and more reliably than Luigi.

yQ0KefL.jpg

This image tells everything.

Or you could space yourself to be slightly to the side rather than directly below me. That way you could've forced me to be a bit less aggressive with my hydrant deployment, since you could hit me reliably or smash the hydrant back at me.

I agree that Yoshi's better than Luigi in this match-up because his eggs can cover a wide area around him, and his good air mobility means Yoshi can get in Pac-Man's face faster, more safely and more reliably than Luigi.

True, which is why I said I should learn to stop going for usmash or uair. I am able to be below practically the rest of the cast waiting for an air dodge to get the uair read, but I can't do that against Pac-Man. But we didn't play enough games for either one of us to adapt.

Still looking to play.

Beats

Still, Pac-Man has limited range an duration on his aerials, so I was often getting hit even if I went for a nair. Then again, the volleyball was sometimes breaking my hydrants in a single hit, while other times it didn't. Does it deal more damage when you hold it for longer, or any reason it could only manage to break the hydrant only sometimes?

It does 14% when it's coming down if I remember correctly, so enough to knock back the hydrant. But once it hits the ground and starts rolling it does a little less. I don't think the damage changes if I delay it.

FluxWaveZ

That Sun Salutation counter with Lucas' stick a few matches back was pretty good; I gotta remember that option regarding projectiles.

JulianImp

It does 14% when it's coming down if I remember correctly, so enough to knock back the hydrant. But once it hits the ground and starts rolling it does a little less. I don't think the damage changes if I delay it.

Man, so it deals considerable damage, stalls your descent, is a viable KO move and allows you to follow up with aerials while I'm still stuck in hitstun? There were a few times where I was fumb enough to drop my fruit by shielding right before the ball hit it (since fruits have a hitbox while I'm charging them for some reason), and I'd always end up getting hit.

Is there some trick with the Smash Tour Metroid achievement?

I've been playing Smash tour by myself with four controllers and I have yet to even see one spawn. In three hours. And 20 games. Not one.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Ganondorf is so fun to play with. Knowing that you only need to string a small combo to come back from any deficit is so comforting.

Objection!

Sakurai has to buff Pac-Man's grab before he can buff any other. Give it wind hitboxes, make it faster, let Pac-Man use it as a tether... something.

It should be able to grab as long as a character is caught anywhere in the beam.

Anyone up for some 1v1s?

TWILT

Banned
GGs Nami, fun matches as always. Fighting Kong Cyclone is so damn annoying even if it is beatable lol. You did well with all your characters as always.

GGs Nami, fun matches as always. Fighting Kong Cyclone is so damn annoying even if it is beatable lol. You did well with all your characters as always.

Yup, good games. You did very well against Kong Cyclone. You air dodged like half of them at least. I hate fighting Pikachu with Yoshi and Luigi, so I had to bring him out. Our Yoshi and Shulk matches were pretty even. I have no idea how I had a harder time killing Shulk with Luigi than I did with Yoshi. Luigi is supposed to be able to kill!

Somehow it's always misplays that lead to new ideas on how to play Zelda.

Never thought of using Farore's Wind on a person constantly ledge grabbing. The hitbox is big and goes below many stages resulting in a spike or stage spike.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Question about customs: if you use customs offline for smash mode do you get their damage ,speed, defensive buffs with equipment? I want to be able to use my custom moves but don't want to make it unfair against my friends since my guy has equipment .

Top Bottom