• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
Haha nice timing with that fsmash

Did they fix falco's landing lag with fair? You hit my shield but I couldn't punish with an ftilt

Beats

Haha nice timing with that fsmash

Did they fix falco's landing lag with fair? You hit my shield but I couldn't punish with an ftilt

yep.

Aerial Damage 8% → 9%
Landing Damage 5% → 3%
Start up reduced 12 → 10 frames
Landing lag reduced 32 → 25 frames

Ending lag reduced 58 → 50 frames

Oidisco

Zelda makes me sad. She's so much fun to use, but she's so baaaad!

All she needs is a few small buffs to landing lag and hitbox size, and a change to her Down B to make her actually good.

JulianImp

Zelda makes me sad. She's so much fun to use, but she's so baaaad!

All she needs is a few small buffs to landing lag and hitbox size, and a change to her Down B to make her actually good.

It's sad that Zelda was given a god damn stand as her new attack and it ended up being so useless. I wonder what'd happen if they allowed her to walk around while charging it like Greninja (even though that's probably too drastic a change for them to implement).

Oidisco

It's sad that Zelda was given a god damn stand as her new attack and it ended up being so useless. I wonder what'd happen if they allowed her to walk around while charging it like Greninja (even though that's probably too drastic a change for them to implement).

It has it's uses but it's extremely situational and very easy to avoid. It's best for edge-guarding an opponent who lost their 2nd jump and doesn't, especially if they have a poor recovery like Little Mac.

If they just let her hold the charge like Samus's Charge Beam it would be such a massive improvement. At the moment, there's no reason for people to not just rush in and attack. But allowing her to hold the Down B charge would force people to respect her and think twice about approaching at high percents.

JulianImp

It has it's uses but it's extremely situational and very easy to avoid. It's best for edge-guarding an opponent who lost their 2nd jump and doesn't, especially if they have a poor recovery like Little Mac.

If they just let her hold the charge like Samus's Charge Beam it would be such a massive improvement. At the moment, there's no reason for people to not just rush in and attack. But allowing her to hold the Down B charge would force people to respect her and think twice about approaching at high percents.

Your proposed change could work as well, but I guess the mechanics change would be complicated enough to dissuade the team from handling it that way. Best you we can hope for are changes to the move's speed, hitboxes and maybe the phantom's HP. I guess they could drop its damage/knockback potential in exchange for allowing it to come out extremely fast or something.

Just holding it would push Zelda up to awesome tier. But in it's current state it still has it's uses, mostly in the edge guarding or mid-range. Been able to find quite a few uses for it as of late. It actually works REALLY well in stopping many recoveries or can be even used as a setup.

But yeah, if a Zelda is charging it on the ground, they're either stupid, being lazy, bored, or doesn't give a damn.

edit: I can understand why they don't let people hold it though. Jump off stage, shoot a phantom then teleport back is EXTREMELY powerful.

I have been going for a more evasive playstyle with Mewtwo. I am not sure if it was noticeable vs. Yoshi. We will play again soon to better understand the matchup. Salt was there, but mostly not Yoshi-specific. Just stuff like the time you charged Usmash next to me and happened to let go during the 4 frames of vulnerability in my dodge. -_-

If you are ledge snapping while running off, don't use down B. Just do the HCB to TK. Forward to down to back to up-back.

Nowl = ?

I know how to do a general ledge trump, I just can't get it every time unless I am Luigi. The down-B to ledge snap was just something interesting I saw yesterday.

Now I is what that was supposed to be. I don't proof read at 4 a.m.

JulianImp

edit: I can understand why they don't let people hold it though. Jump off stage, shoot a phantom then teleport back is EXTREMELY powerful.

And yet they let Sheik hold those blasted needles starting with Brawl. I keep saying they should go back to the Melee mechanics for that attack, since a fast, hard-to-see, stun-inducing projectile that can be shot in multiples and can also be shot diagonally for ledgeguarding is a bit too much, IMO.

JulianImp

Who's around to play?

Sheik could already hold the needles in Melee, you just had to shield before it finished charging.

Then it'd hold the charge? I could swear it only let you charge them as long as you were staying still, and that shield canceling worked more like Sonic's spin dash shield chancel. I didn't play Sheik at all in Melee, though, so I might just be wrong on that.

Oidisco

I hate every single stage that you pick!

And don't worry, you can keep picking them if you want. I just personally find traveling stages and stage transitions really annoying.

JulianImp

I'm available to play if anyone wants. Might be able to fit a couple 2v2s later alongside my cousin (he isn't a competitive player, though).

GG's.

My attack range spacing was so off, end up at the edge of most attacks instead of trying to stop before it. Either that or I know I what and when to attack but I end up doing it too late and end up getting hit anyways lol

Oidisco

Good Games wynd!

I feel like all of the characters I use are poor match-ups for Zelda, except maybe Ike. It's hard for Zelda to deal with people approaching her when she's in the air, since she doesn't really have any good moves to fight back with. Air dodging is often the only half decent option she has, and that's obviously not going to work out against players who are patient enough to wait for the dodge.

Still though, you've got a very good Zelda and it's awesome to see someone else sticking with her. I kinda wanted to use her against you, but I always feel it's disrespectful to so that so I decided against it. It's one of those things that annoys me on For Glory, and I don't want to be one of those assholes!

Good Games wynd!

I feel like all of the characters I use are poor match-ups for Zelda, except maybe Ike. It's hard for Zelda to deal with people approaching her when she's in the air, since she doesn't really have any good moves to fight back with. Air dodging is often the only half decent option she has, and that's obviously not going to work out against players who are patient enough to wait for the dodge.

Still though, you've got a very good Zelda and it's awesome to see someone else sticking with her. I kinda wanted to use her against you, but I always feel it's disrespectful to so that so I decided against it. It's one of those things that annoys me on For Glory, and I don't want to be one of those assholes!

Personally I see every char as a bad matchup lol. It's more like how many matchups I can dissect. Some I've figured out better than others.

Oidisco

Personally I see every char as a bad matchup lol. It's more like how many matchups I can dissect. Some I've figured out better than others.

I feel like she has a couple of decent matchups, but yea I see what you're saying. I think she does surprisingly well against Rosalina. It's still in Rosa's favour, by Zelda can easily take out Luma with her up and side specials. She does well against Mewtwo and Olimar aswell, though in Olimar's case it depends on how well you can predict and reflect his Smash attacks.

I feel like she has a couple of decent matchups, but yea I see what you're saying. I think she does surprisingly well against Rosalina. It's still in Rosa's favour, by Zelda can easily take out Luma with her up and side specials. She does well against Mewtwo and Olimar aswell, though in Olimar's case it depends on how well you can predict and reflect his Smash attacks.

Personally I find Mac, Sonic and Rosa my worst matchups. Everything else I have some sort of answer for

Top Bottom