• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Sweet! My NNID is in my profile
Alright, you can host. Something came up, so I'll join in a few.

Edit: Sorry for the short matches Vermillion, thought I could get in a few more, but have to finish with what came up before. :( GGs, though! Rarely get to play against Kirby, so it was fun. I hate getting caught by the down-b, haha.

Alright, you can host. Something came up, so I'll join in a few.

Edit: Sorry for the short matches Vermillion, thought I could get in a few more, but have to finish with what came up before. :( GGs, though! Rarely get to play against Kirby, so it was fun. I hate getting caught by the down-b, haha.

Fair enough lol. GGs - I try not to spam it, but with the lag, what can you do?

Anyone want to do 2v2. We got two. Need two more.

NNID: Icana01

Edit: Now we need one more (got someone from Gfaqs).

Edit2: NVM, we got four.

Edit3: Nevermind again, this one guy is not responding. We need one more for teams.

Edit4: We got some1 from Smashboards. We're full. :)

Went 2-2 at a local. Lost to Bowser's suicide grab when I had him dead to rights, and then the other game I lost to Sonic and Hammer Spin Dash. I really need to find a way to deal with that.

That was supposed to be a forward smash after the jump but Greninja just stood there.

Greninja has no comeback factor in this matchup.
Looks like a bad matchup for Lucas.
I REALLY don't want to play Falco and throw reflector all day.

What's up?

Haha I really hate when people decide match ups are bad like that.

Lucas Mega isn't that bad. At least even for Lucas.

I would agree. Zair and pk Fire pretty much break even with mega man's projectiles. They both probably have the same ko potential. Very close to even matchup. I may even give Lucas the slight edge

I can't get through the pellets though. You can hit the metal blade with the snake, but by that time you'll just get hit by pellets on landing. Short hop PK Fire has just as good a chance at getting stuffed by metal blade as it does to succeed.

Greninja is annoying because everyone on the boards write Greninja matchups from the theoretical perspective of a magical, nonexistent Greninja player who has flawless spacing. It's not very useful.

And winning against Little Mac feels like pure luck.

I would agree. Zair and pk Fire pretty much break even with mega man's projectiles. They both probably have the same ko potential. Very close to even matchup. I may even give Lucas the slight edge

That's how I lean right now. Lucas has fast close range moves (jab and up+tilt) with great hit boxes, and aerials that have solid priority that make aerial trades iffy, which is where Mega usually wants to be.

It's a tough match up, for sure. I'm not sure if Pellet spam changes things up, but the ability to heal off of it makes me want to say no.

You had some great reads against Little Mac that earned you those wins. There's nothing lucky about that.

I don't know, everything is essentially a gamble against Little Mac. Even retreating PK Fire because his roll is absurd.

I don't fee like using Greninja much anymore. His moves are all so context-sensitive, they all have a specific use. Aside from maybe forward air, there's nothing you can really rely on and just throw out there. You need to be on top of everything all the time and yet I don't feel like he's even that much fun to play anymore.

I can't get through the pellets though. You can hit the metal blade with the snake, but by that time you'll just get hit by pellets on landing. Short hop PK Fire has just as good a chance at getting stuffed by metal blade as it does to succeed.

Greninja is annoying because everyone on the boards write Greninja matchups from the theoretical perspective of a magical, nonexistent Greninja player who has flawless spacing. It's not very useful.

If you time it right I believe you can short hop over pellets while performing zair. You can also hit back mega's blade and sideb with your stick, as a nice change up. Dair is seemingly very effective against mega. Also, if you time it right, you can get some KOs by performing Lucas' dsmash at the corner of a stage when mega is recovering. The hitbox goes through the stage. Ultimately, you have options. Now if you keep doing the same thing, obviously someone like tipster will key in on it. The key is to use all your options and keep changing it up

GGs, Romance. That wasn't the best game for you to end it on >.> Sheik can get shield breaks with those custom needles, but she can't really do much off of a shield break at low percent. Some of those SDs, though...

That's how I lean right now. Lucas has fast close range moves (jab and up+tilt) with great hit boxes, and aerials that have solid priority that make aerial trades iffy, which is where Mega usually wants to be.

It's a tough match up, for sure. I'm not sure if Pellet spam changes things up, but the ability to heal off of it makes me want to say no.

You had some great reads against Little Mac that earned you those wins. There's nothing lucky about that.

I feel like lucas' airials have terrible priority. The ones that don't, uair and fair, have extremely small hitboxes so they still aren't safe

Anyone wanna do some quick late-ass bouts before I sleep?

Let's go homeslice.

I feel like lucas' airials have terrible priority. The ones that don't, uair and fair, have extremely small hitboxes so they still aren't safe

Hm, can't say for sure since I don't play him, but his neutral air tends to knock out my back airs and forward airs (provided I haven't spaced it entirely correctly to hit with just the disjoint). Maybe it comes out so fast, but that's just the general impression I have with my limited Lucas matchup time.

A shoddy performance overall, but I suppose that's what I get for not playing the bird in a million months. GGs Tipster, a nostalgic session we had there.

Megaman is so friggin heavy jeez just go off screen already

Edit: Crap I double posted. Oh well :p

A shoddy performance overall, but I suppose that's what I get for not playing the bird in a million months. GGs Tipster, a nostalgic session we had there.

Megaman is so friggin heavy jeez just go off screen already

Good games Captain! You're right, we haven't done that match up in forever. It's still a really tough one even if you haven't played him in forever.

Good stuff, we'll have to do more later on. :p

My win rate against Mega Man with Falco is 100% :^)

1 for 1

I switched to Mega Man just for that match up to answer Captain's earlier question and you switched out immediately. >>;

Good games as well, by the by.

My win rate against Mega Man with Falco is 100% :^)

1 for 1
I think my win rate is more like 40% nowadays, can barely keep up with Tipster sometimes and other times it feels like he temporarily gave the controller to a computer. :p
Good games Captain! You're right, we haven't done that match up in forever. It's still a really tough one even if you haven't played him in forever.

Good stuff, we'll have to do more later on. :p

I switched to Mega Man just for that match up to answer Captain's earlier question and you switched out immediately. >>;

Good games as well, by the by.

Yeah for sure, I'll have to start using him more. I think I finally have a core group of characters I like using in this game, and that's very appreciated.

We should have done Yoshi dittos

The Falco matchup was just way too boring, so I switched to see if I might have a better option.

Good games. Not as much with Greninja though. If I don't have anything to motivate me he's just going to be another of my neglected characters who I use for certain matchups.

Masked Man

I said wow
One of my coworkers uses Mega Man pretty frequently, and I've found it most effective as Lucas to just catch the Metal Blades, reflect the Leaf Shield with the bat, and just absorb the rest of his arsenal (namely pellets and Crash Bomb explosion). Zair is also a solid way to shut down the spam temporarily, and reflecting the Metal Blade is also a good option.

Top Bottom