• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Oidisco

Personally I find Mac, Sonic and Rosa my worst matchups. Everything else I have some sort of answer for

Against Mac I just play super defensively. I don't try to punish Mac's Smash attacks since that doesn't really work with Zelda. I mostly just play patiently, go for grabs and try not to use any of Zelda's riskier moves like up-b and side b. And I rarely go for fair or bair, even when he's offstage. It's much easier to just use nair since that'll drag him down and stop his recovery.

Against Sonic, I curl up into a ball and cry.

Boney

Banned
You better run! *shakes fist*

The worst part is I posted I was looking for matches a long time ago. I've been playing some FG, and right now I'm up against a pretty decent Dedede.
Oh bummer :(

Nami just disconnected, dunno what happen let me see if he's coming back

The worst part is I posted I was looking for matches a long time ago. I've been playing some FG, and right now I'm up against a pretty decent Dedede.

It was like an hour ago so I figured you weren't still waiting. It looks like Boney is gone now so we can play.

GGs Boney. Change in playstyle worked.

What? You were the one who left the room...

Boney

Banned
Was trying to go custom less but them eggs made me

I have no idea what is going on. I never disconnected and Humza tried to join my room.
Seems the same happened for both of us.
It has happened to me before

Last one, getting the ranbats after
Gee gee's that Yoshi is infuriating, the bane of smash GAF indeed

GGs. Those customs are fucking stupid.

I don't know how I was infuriating at all. You were the one in control of all the matches.

Anyone want to play?

Boney

Banned
Wow that lag, maybe someone at your house is using the internet? Tried to pause it but you kept needling me :(

If it stays laggy maybe we should continue later or some other day?

There's some weird input delay now :/

That last one went back to normal. If you want we can repeat the laggy ones

JulianImp

I think I'm done for now. Played a couple of nice players, and infuriated several others. Retreating with short hops while throwing cherries appears to be an interesting and viable tactic, since cherries don't move forward all that much and they do bounce a bit if you throw them from midair.

All in all I still haven't had enough time to fool around with melons, bells and water jets, but I have been trying some new stuff that I'm in process of getting comfortable with. Maybe I could just try hydrant water-related moves in training mode to see when I have to throw each fruit to get a specific result (such as having the bell move all the way to the other side of the stage while retaining its stunning properties).

I bet the new players who fought me must've been really annoyed, since Pac-Man has to kill his opponents slowly. I bet he's even more of a sadist than Villager.

GGs, Nami. Felt like I was playing a bit better after the first few, needed to warm up I guess. I feel a lot more confident in the Yoshi matchup compared to before after playing a lot of games with Raptor 2 weeks ago. Still have to figure out a couple of more stuff.

Never taking Yoshi to FD with Falco. Really need platforms for that matchup. Also, didn't know you used the Miis. I had no clue how to approach the Gunner.

Even a day off can do wonders. Maybe switch to another game for a day at least?
Let me play that custom Charizard soon. :p

GGs, Nami. Felt like I was playing a bit better after the first few, needed to warm up I guess. I feel a lot more confident in the Yoshi matchup compared to before after playing a lot of games with Raptor 2 weeks ago. Still have to figure out a couple of more stuff.

Never taking Yoshi to FD with Falco. Really need platforms for that matchup. Also, didn't know you used the Miis. I had no clue how to approach the Gunner.

Let me play that custom Charizard soon. :p
That would require me to have Charizard's custom moves. :p I go default because part of learning a new character is getting his vanilla moves down before I throw it away to spam his best custom B moves.

I hear Namikaze is copying my Gunner? 3222 or bust :T

Beats

Smashboards says that we have a sponsored player going to EVO... who?

FGW regulars along with Shouta are bringing QisTopTier to EVO. I'm not sure if he's entering any of the smash games though.

edit: some info about that in the op of this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075658

Last year, GAFer Shouta helped organize donations from various FGC-GAF members to send fellow member QisTopTier to EVO. Q suffers from Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy, but has always wanted to go to EVO and we're looking to double up this year and send him to EVO again!

GGs. Yeah, I definitely felt the difference once we got going. There is never such a thing as a lead when you're facing Sonic. I would take your stock while only taking 40%, and then I would only deal 20% extra damage before you took my stock. And that damn Fsmash.

I don't like Falco. I don't know how he works, and his Fsmash seems really strong too. Just please, stop grabbing me. It hurts! (This includes Sonic)

Haha, I don't play the Miis. The kill with Mii Brawler was random luck, and my Mii Gunner doesn't even have the right customs. But yes, the two customs of Mii Gunner makes it hard to approach, and it would be even harder if I knew how to play the character.

Crazy that they'd implement this kind of mechanic and that it'd then take the community until now to realize that it was in place. I guess I'll have to stop reflexively throwing out fairs until I see the animation come out, then!

I tend to air dodge right away, and I see the air dodge come out, and then I die. I wonder if it is because of the air dodge, or if I was going to die anyway? Best choice for me is to not press any buttons.

Do you still want the replays I sent to Karsticles?

Top Bottom