• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Oidisco

I really want to talk to one of those asshole roll spammers on For Glory and find out if they actually enjoy playing that way or think it works.
Like I can understand people doing it in the 1st couple months since a lot of people probably didn't know how to deal with it, but now surely they know it doesn't work against a half-decent player.
I'm guessing the only reason they do it is to troll and just piss people off. And try to make them ragequit or something.

I'm saying this because I just played against a Megaman/Samus player who literally did nothing but roll across the stage and charge attack or try to grab. It didn't work out for him obviously, and before he left he called me a spammer. He probably didn't like me always grabbing out of a roll with ZSS.

Boney

Banned
To me it seems their understanding of the game and it's effective strategies rely on constantly dodging to move around - I mean - you're invulnerable most of the time right? There's a lot of bad players out there and it'll be effective. Hell it can even be effective against decent players, just today a roll happy laggy toon link gave me a lot of trouble with Lucina so I see where they come from.

The thing that bothers me are sore losers or bad winners with disrespectiful tags

I don't think they are trolling. A guy attended our locals a month or so ago and played that way as Samus. Nothing but rolls and projectile spam. Not even grabs. He almost beat me the first match just because I thought "a ha, surely he'll do something else now". Second match, Bowser wrecked him. Third, I hardly got touched. We talked after the match, and he said he just didn't know what else to do.

When I was a little kid, my entire game was Hadokens and Shoryukens. Pretty much flowchart Ken, but I also loved grabbing people because it made them complain so much. In Marvel, I loved Sentinel and Mega man because they had one button projectiles. When MvC3 came out, I started Dormammu by doing nothing but Dark Hole and Purification. It took about six months of serious dedication before I started playing a more intelligent Dormammu, and I used the whole of his character sometime around the one year mark.

I am lucky enough that I knew about web forums and competitive play to watch and improve my game. Not everyone KNOWS how to improve. Someone needs to show them.

Puruzi

Banned
GGs.

Sword Fighter is totally awesome, no idea why people think it's the worst character in the game.

Those dongbender matches were fun

Oidisco

Well in this particular case I'm certain he was just trying to be an asshole. He grabbed me a couple times with his Samus, would just hold me there and do nothing and then just roll away again. He never attacked me or did anything but roll and try to grab. Not even a Missile or Charge Beam. Though I guess he did taunt me a couple times... Atleast he actually tried to attack when he used Megaman

It's similar to Jigglypuff and Kirby players that do nothing but jump around in the air and not actually attack you, or villagers who just constantly fly around under the stage.

I really do come across a lot of jerks on For Glory.

GGs.

Sword Fighter is totally awesome, no idea why people think it's the worst character in the game.

Those dongbender matches were fun

It has been many months since I have fought the Sword Fighter. I've never even played as one of Wii U.

Yeah, the double DK matches were good. The wind punch is pretty useless in the ditto, but I didn't have anything else with the custom up-B. I like how we both switched out at the same time.

FluxWaveZ

Seems like I'm not really in a mood to play :/
Not even trying

Ha, if you don't feel right, it might be best to stop playing. I've leveled up a lot since we last fought, too.

Edit: Alright, GGs Boney.

I can play you Spirit Icana, I just need to add you first. I'll host.

Wait, what's your NNID? Mine's FluxWaveZ.

Boney

Banned
Ha, if you don't feel right, it might be best to stop playing. I've leveled up a lot since we last fought, too.
Yeah definately, I'm dozing off and not doing anything, sorry for wasting your time and leaving you partner less flux, but I gotta bail. (Icana patching up, yay) First day at the gym today since over a year and I'm super beat.
Hopefully we can play again soon, this is not a representation of how I'm playing

You're playing super good but at this level even my mom could beat me

I have no idea how to win this matchup. Just feels like Ness's punishes are so incredibly strong and easy to land it's such an uphill battle, and I don't even know what to do. If you don't space perfectly, every single mistake is 20 damage and completely losing stage control.

I think maybe it would be pretty close to even, maybe? Except that Ness can consistently KO at 100% and Lucas can't.

It's making this feel really insurmountable.

Yea, that's the difference that puts it in Ness' edge.

It seems like Lucas is the one who controls the tempo of the match, and can more easily hit Ness with percentage building moves, but when Ness get's Lucas in a situation, he racks up damage on Lucas quickly.

edit: After this match, why don't you switch to Ness, I will go Lucas and we will see if I can figure something out, because I don't think I've done a vs Ness match as Lucas yet.

udivision

I have a question for people who know these kinds of things:

Is it known that Sheik's spot dodge moves her back slightly? And if so, does anyone else's do the same?

Top Bottom