• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
Decided to be more aggressive during that one instead of evasive. I don't like all of the projectiles with Samus, so I roll a lot with WFT.
I guess so, but a better player will catch up to it. Samus has very little options behind her back so it works out I guess.

And WFT projectiles are a lot better than samus for sure

FluxWaveZ

I guess so, but a better player will catch up to it. Samus has very little options behind her back so it works out I guess.

And WFT projectiles are a lot better than samus for sure

Tried rolling less there; didn't work out. My philosophy is: whatever works, heh.

Though I think you've been rolling too much as well; you're getting hit too much by the Sun Salutation.

Boney

Banned
Tried rolling less there; didn't work out. My philosophy is: whatever works, heh.

Though I think you've been rolling too much as well; you're getting hit too much by the Sun Salutation.
Yeah, that's what I mean, whatever works works.

I've been getting hit by stupid ss by trying to run, I don't recall many out of rolls.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, that's what I mean, whatever works works.

I've been getting hit by stupid ss by trying to run, I don't recall many out of rolls.

I was jumping crazily for a bit there because I had to look away from the screen for a moment, sorry.

And yeah, I noticed that now. Running too much, then!

Boney

Banned
I was jumping crazily for a bit there because I had to look away from the screen for a moment, sorry.

And yeah, I noticed that now. Running too much, then!
Thing is that her dash attack has a huge starting lag, so if I try to time it to hit you, I have to do it super early and I get hit by ss a lot there

Black out :/

Oh well, it was time to stop anyways gg's!

Getting tired, GGs.

Your Falco seemed better than your Sonic and MK
GGs, was fun.

Yeah, I've been thinking over the past month on either to focus on him or Sonic more. Its just a huge pain trying to get a kill with him which is one of the reason I really haven't. Glad that you played Cap a lot during the matches since I barely play against him, so I got a refresher on the matchup. Yours is really solid as well.

Also, the Sheik is a work in progress, haha.

Whenever I am autopiloting in an important match, I force myself to slow it down. Whatever I am doing, I just shield and chill for a moment. Reflect on the match and what I am doing wrong. Smash is defensive enough that you can get away with this.
It tends to happen to me against characters that I don't really play against in which I start to get nervous where I just do spin dash a lot more than usual. Last tournament I went to I had to play a really solid Bowser for my first match. Then at Ktar, I had to play a really solid Marth for my first match as well. Its something I have to fix if I ever want to improve more. :/

JulianImp

I know what's up next...

Edit: Looks like I can actually plow through your cyclones if I time my power pellets correctly. Interesting...

Edit2: The grenade suicides, damn.

JulianImp

I'll call it quits when we make it to the end of the current row.

It's kind of fun using all these characters and sucking so much at them.

Edit: That was a fun way to fool around. But man, how I sucked as Marth due to being used to Roy's short hop height and falling speed.

JulianImp

Good games. A lot of characters I suck with, especially against Pac-Man.

Yeah, I ended up going along with your plan since it wasn't all that fun to pit my main against characters you rarely ever use. The Samus and Zamus fights were particularily fun, with how badly we played and nearly took turns making awful mistakes like the whiffed up B strings.

Yeah, I ended up going along with your plan since it wasn't all that fun to pit my main against characters you rarely ever use. The Samus and Zamus fights were particularily fun, with how badly we played and nearly took turns making awful mistakes like the whiffed up B strings.

Yeah, even though we should be able to copy Boney, we were pretty bad. I managed to win just like Boney, though, with a random charge shot. The ZSS ditto was just terrible. Nairo would be ashamed. I liked the Marth ditto :p

I really should've been able to win with Sheik, but I was playing so unsafe and SDing so much. Those grenades were supposed to be a reverse bouncing fish!

The Iwata news is a serious bummer. Especially when I think of what he's done for Pokemon and Smash, the two main reasons that I even bother to buy Nintendo handhelds/consoles.

Think I'll be playing some Smash to celebrate this man. 1 on 1, 2 on 2, whatever. Anyone up for it?

Puruzi

Banned
The Iwata news is a serious bummer. Especially when I think of what he's done for Pokemon and Smash, the two main reasons that I even bother to buy Nintendo handhelds/consoles.

Think I'll be playing some Smash to celebrate this man. 1 on 1, 2 on 2, whatever. Anyone up for it?

I'll play.

Shocked by the news.

Gah...well, I did my best with no regrets. A few of those losses really stung though. Especially the tipper Marth ones. x_x Good games, Puruzi!

I know I have a few bad habits you exposed, and my reflexes probably aren't good enough at this rate to keep up with your playstyle, but if you have any advice for me, I'd appreciate it!

Oh, and fuck Charizard. >_>

Puruzi

Banned
Gah...well, I did my best with no regrets. A few of those losses really stung though. Especially the tipper Marth ones. x_x Good games, Puruzi!

I know I have a few bad habits you exposed, and my reflexes probably aren't good enough at this rate to keep up with your playstyle, but if you have any advice for me, I'd appreciate it!

Oh, and fuck Charizard. >_>

GGs, you're a lot better than you were the last time we played!
You were very solid, don't have anything to say really. You could be a little more aggressive with Tink and do upsmash more with Lucina I suppose.

Yeah, that lag was pretty bad. Pretty risky of you to play on the ledge with that lag.

Just did 1 game on FG. Didn't notice any lag. The guy had a RIP*Iwata tag :(

SoldnerKei

Yeah, that lag was pretty bad. Pretty risky of you to play on the ledge with that lag.

mostly because I wanted to end it rather quick without killing myself out of lag rage xD

seems like someone is streaming netflix on my house, god bless sunday nights lol sorry Nami, not gonna put you throu that lag fest again

Top Bottom