• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

just treat mac like trash, because that's what he is.

:^)

I don't know, a lot of people were excited about Little Mac and he turned out incredibly disappointing. He feels like half of a character, and then they tried to make up for that by making his moves (and his rolls) fucking ridiculous. All you get is a character who isn't fun to fight against or satisfying to win as.

Thulius

just treat mac like puff in melee with her upthrow-rest.

Sure, but Mac is not a slow character in a game full of hyper-aggressive, completely safe offense. The number of options a patient Mac player removes just by having KO punch available is completely insane and if you don't have safe long range pokes to get rid of it then it may as well turn into a guessing game. A guessing game where you lose a stock at 20% if you guess wrong.

I wouldn't mind so much if the meter gain wasn't so heavily stacked in favor of taking damage. If he had to deal some ~80% damage to build it then sure, now he gets to make the decision to use it to close out the stock or play incredibly conservatively and try to hold it for your next stock. Instead, it's a dumb comeback mechanic for a character that already has a ridiculous neutral game against anyone that can't just dance circles around him in the air.

Fandangox

They should nerf it further so it.doesnt built when hit, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Shulk's counter is still pretty dumb though.

Cyberman, you here for some more bouts? Or should I check back later? Mind you, I haven't played any Fox since our last set so I'll use the first match or two to warm up.

Edit: Anyone wanna play some, for that matter? >.>;;;

Edit 2: I just double-spiked a DDD with Yoshi. He's annoyingly fun against FG scrubs.

entremet

Well, I can help you not suck. Let me know if you change your mind. The best way to get better is to play people willing to give you feedback.

Thanks for the offer.

I think I'll join you guys soon. I only play randos every other weekend or so due to some personal things going on. When things get settled, I wanna work more seriously on my game.

Cyberman, you here for some more bouts? Or should I check back later? Mind you, I haven't played any Fox since our last set so I'll use the first match or two to warm up.

Edit: Anyone wanna play some, for that matter? >.>;;;

Edit 2: I just double-spiked a DDD with Yoshi. He's annoyingly fun against FG scrubs.
I should be free in about 2 hours or so. Have to eat and do stuff. :p

I think Shulk's counter vision is worst or at least tied with KO Punch for scrubbiest move.

At least Mac loses the punch if hit once and he HAS to connect it on the ground.
With customs, I would agree re: Shulk, but you just have to learn that it really isn't punishable and it isn't bad. Mac's KO Punch is unblockable, is achieved by failing, and KOs at like 20%. That is why it is pure BS. Get rid of any of those figures and it would be fine. Like...give it as a reward for Mac getting an opponent to 70%, or something.

just treat mac like puff in melee with her upthrow-rest.
Easier said than done.

:^)

I don't know, a lot of people were excited about Little Mac and he turned out incredibly disappointing. He feels like half of a character, and then they tried to make up for that by making his moves (and his rolls) fucking ridiculous. All you get is a character who isn't fun to fight against or satisfying to win as.
I think he is great. I just don't like the KO Punch.

They should nerf it further so it.doesnt built when hit, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Shulk's counter is still pretty dumb though.
Yes.

Oidisco

I'm always so scared of trying to run off and stage-spike with Roy. Convinced I'll just end up getting myself killed everytime!

Seems to be some lag. Hopefully it gets better.

Or it could just get worse. We'll see how the next game goes.

Oidisco

The 1st game wasn't too bad, but the rest had really bad lag. Shame too, I don't think I've played someone on Gaf that uses Alph.

Boney

Banned
Good games, weird lag spikes we got

After Evo, want to help me show some folks that the Ness matchup is not good for Mewtwo? :)
Unless you're called rosalina or maaaaaybe villager, there's not bad match ups for ness.

He must kill m2 at what 80 from back throw and up air? 50 from fsmash?

JulianImp

Gotta go. Good games!

It's really nice to play someone with minimum input lag every now and then. I got a bit bored of Pac-Man after a while, so I began trying out characters nearly at random after Roy. I just noticed that Jiggs' aerial control is really something... it's perfect for faking out attacks.

Unless you're called rosalina or maaaaaybe villager, there's not bad match ups for ness.

I think you're overrating Ness. He may not have many bad match ups but he is not beating even half the cast for free either. If you have a mustache you can go even with him IMO.

Edit: Make a room Cyberman, I'm getting on now. :)

Edit 2: LLAAAAAGGG :(

Read my post again.

Also, Ness definitely has more bad Matchups than that. Like Sonic.

After Evo, want to help me show some folks that the Ness matchup is not good for Mewtwo? :)

People not from NeoGaf?

Ness has a few bad matchups.

Downright Evil Matchup: Rosalina

Very Bad Matchups: Sonic, Sheik

Bad Matchups:ROB, Peach, Mii Gunner, Lucario, maybe Roy (need more matchup experience)

Even matchups: Mega Man, Shulk, Dedede, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon

All my opinion, of course. I maybe left some characters out.

I'm always banning that stage, haha.

You weird people who think KO punch is "broken," you do realize he gets meter for hurting the opponent right? It hardly rewards failing alone.
That's one of the last things I would say, haha.

Did you want to play some games tonight? Would be good practice to play against custom Villager as well.

Thanks for the games, CRQ! Understanding the matchup the more I play against Fox, but I feel like I'll always have trouble against him. He's so fast that tilts/jabs are one of my only options. Still need to accustom to using spindash a lot more if I want to do better against him.

Some of those kills were so weird though, haha.

We're done Cyberman? GGs.

I don't know the MK matchup, so that caught me off-guard a few times. People keep saying Falco is bad, but I maintain he's got a near even matchup with Fox. Maybe 55-45 Fox. At high percents I have to respect a lot of his attacks, his fsmash comes out quick and with respectable endlag, half his aerials kill, his throw can set up into a kill, and he's got the better laser. ;__;

As for Sonic, pick Halberd lol. Got hit by so many things I shouldn't have, I'm probably rusty with Fox but I don't wanna sound like a john-machine. Fox's custom side-B did encourage me not to run away into side-B though, which made me commit to close combat more.

Any self-respecting Fox main who goes to customs tournaments will probably abuse the heck out of Twisting Fox, Wolf Flash, and either of his blasters depending on the matchup, and they'll probably utilize them better than I can. That said, I don't go to customs tournaments.

Top Bottom