• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Zelda is really bad at camping, especially against someone who knows how the character works. Her projectiles are super laggy and easily punishable. And her defensive options aren't great either, so a campy, roll-spammy Zelda is honestly pretty easy to deal with I think.

Thats punishing a camp, talking about pure camp vs camp scenario lol

Just press shield to do a roll recovery from the edge.

Thanks, dude! I'll make sure to remember!! This got me puzzled for a while!!

Yea you just press shield when hanging off the ledge. Maybe you pressed it when there was a bit of lag and it didn't register the button press or something because it should work. But keep in mind, ZSS's down-smash has a decent size blast radius so it's possible you did press it, but I was still able to catch you with the paralyzer.

I think you're right I feel like I was getting stuck on the radius of ZSS's Down + Smash, specially because you were not using it right on the edge!!

Oidisco

I still have no idea how to land the spike of ZSS's down-b. I've looked up a bunch of guides, smashboards threads and crap like that but I haven't been able to find anything that helps me figure out the proper timing and spacing to do it.

I've spent like 10 minutes trying it in training mode again today and while I've been able to land it a few times, I have no idea what I'm doing different. I need help!

Feels like I'm still playing just on knowing what to do and reads at the moment. I couldn't say there's any reason I'm winning other than this is a day 1 Lucario and most of the other people I play fall too easily into unsafe landings.

Durden77

Posted this in the Iwata passing thread, but I wanted to share it here too. It was way cool.

Last night I was playing Smash online and I encountered a guy who's name was "For Iwata."

When the match started, I just ducked and stayed still. He ran at me at first, but stopped before attacking and ducked as well. We just sat there ducking, for a good 20 seconds or so. I then tried to "punch" his name above his head. You know, to try and show him why I was doing this. I accidentally hit him. I tried again, and accidentally hit him again.

Instead of fighting back, he footstooled me. I footstooled him. For the next two an a half minutes or so, we proceeded to "fight" with only footstools, in possibly the most goofy and joyful time I've had with Smash Wii U since launch, before finally going to the ends of the stage, taunting, and fighting for real. It was like I could feel him laughing just as hard as I was from wherever in the world he was.

I think he got it. Rest in Peace Mr. Iwata, thanks for all the fun.

Boney

Banned
I wanna play some

Why is Sonic's off-stage better than Falco's?
Was using him earlier today and there's 2 things I'd buff and he's be perfect.

Short hop and immediate laser (shooting at the apex of the jump) would autocancel

and buff his up air. Was playing a ness and there's no reason falco's can't kill at 100% halfway to the upper edge while Ness' will kill at 100% when standing on the stage

RomanceDawn

Man I've been so out of it lately. Good games a week ago NamiKaze. I just had no drive though, but today I feel like I'm snapping out of it. I thought being away from my kids would give me all the video game time and energy I needed. Turns out it's just the opposite, I do not like being away from my family. Then a friend of mine dies, and then Iwata dies and I have just been in a slump lately.

In a bit I think I need to play. If for nothing else than to honor Iwata.

JulianImp

Too bad that crazy oranges are too weak to trade with charge shots... Unless I somehow time it so that you hit the orange as Pac-Man's just about to throw it, like what happened on Dream Land 64.

Boney

Banned
Alright, let's see how I fare against your Samus today.

Edit: I'm really liking crazy fruits so far, even though only the first few of them are useful. Crazy cherries have been really nice so far, unlike regular cherries.
They're so annoying yeeesh

I think the orange trades fine, just that I'm hitting your body/hand, not the orange

JulianImp

God, this stage is downright awesome for crazy fruits, since it only makes their already complicated trajectories even weirder!

Edit: That fact that crazy fruits are a whole lot easier to regrab is also a great plus for them. Even if they only deal 2-4 damage.

JulianImp

*grumble grumble*

Stupid lylat stupid stages

There's your omega stage. Enjoy my newfound cherry-spam-no-jutsu.

Seriously. Crazy cherries are amazing for stuffing approaches and playing slightly more defensively, and set up some pretty cool traps that lead into smashes and whatnot.

The only thing that Crazy Pac benefits even more from are slanted stages such as Lylat Cruise, Halberd and maybe Castle Siege.

Edit: There you could see something I label as Bullshit (TM), which sometimes happens when I press left or right while on top of a hydrant and immediately try to do a bair. When Bullshit (TM) happens, Pac-Man decides to jump before doing the bair, absolutely missing the hydrant and placing me in the air against my wishes. Even though I never press a jump button and tap jump is set to off. Thank you, Sakurai.

Boney

Banned
I've had it at times where I jump without pressing jump. Mostly when I have multi jumps so dunno if it's a buffer or what not but it's weird

JulianImp

I've had it at times where I jump without pressing jump. Mostly when I have multi jumps so dunno if it's a buffer or what not but it's weird

It's really annoying, since it takes a set-up attempt, denies it and then puts Pac in a precarious position with no advantages to him whatsoever. It's weird that I never buffer any jumps with that, but I guess someone will find a way to avoid it eventually.

Anyway, good games! My theory that slanted stages work really well for crazy fruit appears to be solid at the very least, since the slopes give Pac-Man a lot more versatility with his fruit bounces.

I had no idea that quitting midmatch ALSO banned you from playing friends for 10 min. Oi. And that the timer doesn't start until you try to play again. -_-

Hey all, anyone want to play?

Especially ranbats, I'm way behind and need to get caught up. I haven't played since last Saturday, so this is probably a good chance to cut me down anyway! :p

Top Bottom