• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Oidisco

God damn, finally! Still not feeling good about my play, but that was a little better atleast

So I pressed up-b twice, and nothing happened...

I think I realized why my play in FG got way better as of late. I tend to shake up my tempo now. It really screws up people's dodge reactions as after getting a few easy punishes I sudden change up and play at a whole different pace

JulianImp

I guess that's all for me, Flux. Your WFT frustrated me to no end and got me in an awful mood, so I guess I've got to apologize for the equally awful matches.

I'll play a bit on 3DS for you, Fandangox, but I don't think I'll be around for much longer.

Oidisco

Good games dude!

Sorry for playing so shit tonight, got super annoyed with myself early on and just made it worse. Plus, your Mewtwo is sooo much better than he was the last time we played!

Good games dude!

Sorry for playing so shit tonight, got super annoyed with myself early on and just made it worse. Plus, your Mewtwo is sooo much better than he was the last time we played!
No worries. I have been wanting to punish those Zelda teleportation moves since we first played. :p

Fandangox

I guess that's all for me, Flux. Your WFT frustrated me to no end and got me in an awful mood, so I guess I've got to apologize for the equally awful matches.

I'll play a bit on 3DS for you, Fandangox, but I don't think I'll be around for much longer.

Alright, hosting.

JulianImp

Good games dude!

I wish I could've pulled things together earlier with Flux, but I realized my defensive game being so bad wasn't doing me any favors against a patient opponent... and went Ganondorf, only to still not block. I bet that wasn't fun for neither me nor Flux. The salt was real because I felt I wasn't doing anything right at all, and Pac's set-up for landing killing blows was especially hard to do against an opponent who was often dictating the pace of the match for me.

Someday, I might eventually learn the intrincacies of the elusive shield button.

Oidisco

No worries. I have been wanting to punish those Zelda teleportation moves since we first played. :p

Yea, those were good punishes!

Now I just need to learn how to deal with nair. I keep trying to punish it, but that never worked out for me. Was the landing lag reduced in the patch?
I wish I could've pulled things together earlier with Flux, but I realized my defensive game being so bad wasn't doing me any favors against a patient opponent... and went Ganondorf, only to still not block. I bet that wasn't fun for neither me nor Flux. The salt was real because I felt I wasn't doing anything right at all, and Pac's set-up for landing killing blows was especially hard to do against an opponent who was often dictating the pace of the match for me.

Someday, I might eventually learn the intrincacies of the elusive shield button.

Yo, I gotta thank you. You indirectly helped me win a match on For Glory the other day. I wasn't paying attention and let the timer run out on the character screen, and I got Pac-Man. I had never used him before, so I thought about the games we played and what you were doing with the fruit and hydrant. It was close, but I won the match! It was against a decent Sheik too, so it felt pretty good!

I will say though, I never want to use Pac-Man again!

JulianImp

I love trampoline gimps. Too bad they aren't something that can be reliably set up.

Explanation: Remember Mappy? In that game, trampolines changed color from blue, to yellow and then to red. If you tried using them when they were red, they'd break and you'd often end up falling to your doom. Therefore, the Smash team made it so that it puts fighters in a helpless fall state if they try to use it when the spring color's red.

Just had a guy pick Rosalina, Mario, Luigi, Sonic, and ZSS in a row to beat Mewtwo. He was not successful. ;)

Yea, those were good punishes!

Now I just need to learn how to deal with nair. I keep trying to punish it, but that never worked out for me. Was the landing lag reduced in the patch?

Yo, I gotta thank you. You indirectly helped me win a match on For Glory the other day. I wasn't paying attention and let the timer run out on the character screen, and I got Pac-Man. I had never used him before, so I thought about the games we played and what you were doing with the fruit and hydrant. It was close, but I won the match! It was against a decent Sheik too, so it felt pretty good!

I will say though, I never want to use Pac-Man again!
The landing lag was reduced by 3 frames, but the move is incredibly safer now. From 19 to 16, iirc.

JulianImp

Why did we get a No Contest?

Gah, the game disconnected us again for some reason. I've hosted again. If you can't join, you host and I'll try joining.

I love trampoline gimps. Too bad they aren't something that can be reliably set up.

Explanation: Remember Mappy? In that game, trampolines changed color from blue, to yellow and then to red. If you tried using them when they were red, they'd break and you'd often end up falling to your doom. Therefore, the Smash team made it so that it puts fighters in a helpless fall state if they try to use it when the spring color's red.

Real talk, I got super hype when I saw Pac-Man bust out a Mappy sprite during his reveal trailer. Mappy was the shit.

JulianImp

Real talk, I got super hype when I saw Pac-Man bust out a Mappy sprite during his reveal trailer. Mappy was the shit.

It's amazing how Pac-Man and Megaman got more attention to detail from Nintendo than from their respective IP holders. The attention they paid when crafting their movesets, animations and even taunts is absolutely astounding.

Also, I'm loving crazy fruits.

Oidisco

I love it when people get salty about counter. Someone just called me a counter-spammer, well you shouldn't have been so predictable then

Top Bottom