• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

Of course, you might not believe me when I say Yoshi has trouble killing, but not many other characters regularly get their opponents to 150%+, including Mewtwo.

Behold Pac-Man's KO options!
1- Early 100s:
- Fsmash
- Usmash
- Bell into either of the above
2- Mid-late 100s:
- Nair near stage edges
- Key
- Apple
- Loose hydrant
3- Sometime before 999%
- Uthrow
- Bthrow

Outside of nair, all moves take either good spacing (smashes, hydrants) or enough prep time to charge the required fruit target, and there're few setups and traps.

Then, if you want to run Crazy Fruits for the defensive and zoning options it affords Pac-Man, you're trading the bell, key and apple KOs for that. Still, you can get some set-ups from cherries and strawberries into smash attacks if you anticipate your opponent getting hit, but it's way harder than simply throwing a fruit and getting a KO.

FSLink

Banned
I'm out in Smash Wii U for EVO. Got sent to losers by Nature (ZSS), then eliminated in Losers Semis of pools by Rich Brown (Olimar)

Still in for Mahvel tomorrow

Who else went to Evo that's repping SmashGAF? Bummer to hear about you guys drowning in pools, I can only imagine the level of competition there.

And Beef, for a guy who's been stuck on 3DS for some time that's not a bad way to go out. :p

SoldnerKei

Who else went to Evo that's repping SmashGAF? Bummer to hear about you guys drowning in pools, I can only imagine the level of competition there.

And Beef, for a guy who's been stuck on 3DS for some time that's not a bad way to go out. :p

TWILT is supposed to be there, dunno if he already posted his result on FGW thread

I thought it wasn't supposed to break shields?
Wind down B doesn't break shields. The disadvantage in the trip down B is that it doesn't hit on the way up like default does, so you can't get ground KO reads off of it. It has much faster startup before falling as a tradeoff, though.

Anyone from bracket 2 around to play our ranbats? Or anyone else wants to play? Haven't played in over a week so I need to shake the rust off.

Been out of loop here on SmashGAF and smash in general, do to the Iwata incident. But ive accepted it mostly now and im ready to get back into the game.

Whos at EVO?

Prof. Beef
SolerKnight
and that guy with the Terra avatar (sorry but like I said out of loop, need a refresher).....anyone else?

Also....that yoshi on stream, good lord.

Top Bottom