• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Cronox

Banned
I'm going between all the streams at the moment. Annoyed with the paywall bullshit EVO is doing though. Considering spending the $12, but why should I have to do that to have the same experience I get watching every other big tournament...

I'm going between all the streams at the moment. Annoyed with the paywall bullshit EVO is doing though. Considering spending the $12, but why should I have to do that to have the same experience I get watching every other big tournament...
Are you using Livestreamer?

Was it a dead Yoshi?

GGs! Yeah the SDs were real today, I think I died like 5 times because I didn't grab the ledge lol. Or because I messed up an input because of lag. Last time was at 30% too.
Let's just say he had no trouble KOing. ;)

*takes notes from this Sonic Player*
Nerf Sonic.

Speaking of Sonic, anyone know if Cyberman has played yet, or how he's done so far?
No clue.

Never heard of them before. How fast are these matches rewatchable?

On another note, most of these people are pretty bad. Like, some of the winners finals have been pretty disappointing.

I fucking hate this bs forced subscription for source quality, the last time I remember Evo doing this was back in 2012 I believe, and at least then the next best option was tolerable and not a blurry mess.

Also, I don't know if the past broadcasts are archived, otherwise you'll have to wait for the VoDs to be available in the coming weeks. :(

I think the previous Yoshi looked godlike because his opponent sucked lol. Against this Sheik, Yoshi looks a lot more average.

Of course, he's still damn good. And how long has Denti been playing Yoshi, anyway?

Another Yoshi now. And it's a blue one Nami :p

I am watching now. As long as the shitty Wii U twitch doesn't randomly cut out when a good match comes, I should see it.

Not much difference between this Yoshi and me, I think. He uses dair more, and he goes to the ledge a lot more often. Definitely better in the Sheik match-up, but no one plays Sheik here. Get good, Cronox!

What was the "good" Yoshi doing? I read wavebounce, so did he do a wavebounce Egg Launch from recovery and get the kill? That is very risky as a failed wavebounce with Yoshi = Egg Roll.

Guy loses Sheik matchup.

Picks Yoshi.

Wins.

Fuck Yoshi.

Quoting D1: "Sheik has to watch out for any of Yoshi's various, various kill moves."

I don't think that matters. They made the change about an hour ago. If you refresh your stream for any reason you will lose the "source" option.
I never had it. Just High.

Karsticles getting mad at Yoshi beating Sheik. How can you get mad at a character beating Sheik? I want every Sheik to lose!

Best stage for the button check.

There was one Wario earlier, bodied a Falcon with wafts twice.

Mr. Wizard hates Kalos, you know you've got a shitty stage when he's against it #Kappa

Tipster should be here to watch this Mega Man.

Was he using the normal waft or one of the customs? I used Rose waft and speedy bike for a while but lately I've gone back to default moves. Don't really like customs anymore, some of those are ridiculous.

Was he using the normal waft or one of the customs? I used Rose waft and speedy bike for a while but lately I've gone back to default moves. Don't really like customs anymore, some of those are ridiculous.

It was default, he kept tech chasing Falcon with Bite and knocking him around with the bike, then he'd take the second stock with a waft.

This Charizard side-B is pretty friggin good, I should check it out.

Robiin

All CEO and EVO has done for me is wishing I had a local scene. Every match has me so hyped to get better, then I remember I probably don't have the reaction time to do what these players are doing. And then I remember I only have online opponents to play against anyway, so reaction times don't really matter...

Karsticles getting mad at Yoshi beating Sheik. How can you get mad at a character beating Sheik? I want every Sheik to lose!

Best stage for the button check.
I want Yoshi vs. Sheik GFs so both get nerfed. :)

It was default, he kept tech chasing Falcon with Bite and knocking him around with the bike, then he'd take the second stock with a waft.

You didn't know? Several videos have been posted. OP move. Stupid like DK cyclone.

I want Yoshi vs. Sheik GFs so both get nerfed. :)

You didn't know? Several videos have been posted. OP move. Stupid like DK cyclone.

I knew he had some good stuff but I didn't think it'd be so useful for high tiers. I always stuck with default which worked pretty well for me.

Now to watch this Fox and see what he does.

Yeah, normal waft has insane killpower, even at half charge. I usually use half charged wafts, since they are faster and less predictable. Rose waft is amazing for edgeguarding though, that range on it is insane.

Also, Charizard looks pretty fun. Never really tried him out, maybe I should change that. It's been ages since I played against a good one so I always forget he exists.

Yoshi won't get anywhere near GFs, so no nerfs will be needed :p

There is also a line of about 10 people ahead of Yoshi. I would rather characters get buffed than nerfed, as it can make more characters viable rather than less characters. See Falco as an example of the good it can do.

I personally think this matchup is 60-40 Falcon, Falcon has an easier time killing horizontally with a better off-stage game despite Fox's superior combo game and strong vertical kill power. It's just that Fox has to commit to his kill options, and he's so fragile that punishment from a guy like Falcon can lead to death really easy.

Beats

Sheik already got nerfed twice IIRC. Maybe not in the ways that people wanted though. : p

edit: I dunno if she'll get any significant ones anyway unless there are big complaints about her like with Diddy.

His up-B was already "bunkers" lol, armor on startup and a kill move.

Found Cyberman's bracket, but it hasn't been updated yet so I can only assume he hasn't been playing yet.

Since the last patch you can combo it from his downthrow (I think it's downthrow? The firebreath to the face one). Basically if you have 60+% with a lighter character and that custom up B hits you're death.

All CEO and EVO has done for me is wishing I had a local scene. Every match has me so hyped to get better, then I remember I probably don't have the reaction time to do what these players are doing. And then I remember I only have online opponents to play against anyway, so reaction times don't really matter...
Reaction times matter. Blocking offline is helped by online play.

Viscant took Evo one year and primarily trained online. Cloud is an online warrior.

I knew he had some good stuff but I didn't think it'd be so useful for high tiers. I always stuck with default which worked pretty well for me.

Now to watch this Fox and see what he does.
Just stick with default fire breath.

Yoshi won't get anywhere near GFs, so no nerfs will be needed :p

There is also a line of about 10 people ahead of Yoshi. I would rather characters get buffed than nerfed, as it can make more characters viable rather than less characters. See Falco as an example of the good it can do.
Die Yoshi, die!

Sheik already got nerfed twice IIRC. Maybe not in the ways that people wanted though. : p

edit: I dunno if she'll get any significant ones anyway unless there are big complaints about her like with Diddy.
Nerf Fair and Ftilt hitboxes. Nerf needles. Nerf up B invincibility. Buff killing power on some of her moves a bit.

Edit: Oh yeah, and annihilate her roll.

Boney

Banned
Long range flamethrower is fantastic depending on the match up. It'll outcamp most characters.

Love using it against Nami's Yoshi hahaha

Top Bottom