• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

Tractor isn't the speed of the actual grab. It's much much slower

And there's also the thing that the grab ends earlier than the tractor animation.

As for the grab working, it might not miss when the opponent runs into it, but when Pac-Man's the one on the move it misses really often when he's moving towards them. Maybe I should arrange some more lab matches with Karst and test things out.

This Ness does not know how to read the opponent. You can tell she has really good fundamentals, but she's not anticipating what the sheik player is doing. Her playstyle works well for mid level opponents, but not players who know how to adapt.

Guys I'm sorry, but I'm out of Smash

pools in losers. :p
Nice! Tell all the deets.

And there's also the thing that the grab ends earlier than the tractor animation.

As for the grab working, it might not miss when the opponent runs into it, but when Pac-Man's the one on the move it misses really often when he's moving towards them. Maybe I should arrange some more lab matches with Karst and test things out.
Have you checked the Pac Smash forums or his frame data? I bet it is explained there.

I haven't watched too much but I haven't seen any customs absolutely ruin any matches so far. Good sign
You missed the Japanese DK kill a Sheik entirely with custom up B. :p

Alright, GGs. I don't know how to play this game online.

The same way as offline, just slower. :p Our connection seemed great to me though.

Good games! I really enjoyed the Lucario, Greninja and Sheik matches! You're very good with all three, though I'd have to give your Greninja the nod as toughest to play against! Switching in his those customs made it even more difficult.

Who do you consider your main if you don't mind my asking?

Pac-man grab data:

Grabs Hitbox Active FAF
Standing Grab 12-14, 22-24, 32-39 76
Dash Grab 12-14, 22-24, 32-39 76
Pivot Grab 12-14, 22-24, 32-39 76

Basically, it has 3 different hitboxes. Just like Jigglypuff's Sing.

The Stream quality for Smash 4 is garbage. I thought EVO had better production values than this?
Are you using Livestreamer? My quality is HD.

Thulius

The same way as offline, just slower. :p

Good games! I really enjoyed the Lucario, Greninja and Sheik matches! You're very good with all three, though I'd have to give your Greninja the nod as toughest to play against! Switching in his those customs made it even more difficult.

Who do you consider your main if you don't mind my asking?

Bleh, for some matchups it's that simple but half the metal blades that hit me were me trying to grab them. I don't have a ton of practice against him but I know my timing isn't that bad. Same with Mac, tons of whiff punish attempts that I just got jabbed out of because of the extra reaction time added. If I can't whiff punish Mac and I can't power shield, then uh... ???

Greninja's my main.

Edit: Not saying our connection was bad at all, it was fine, but there are still a ton of situations where I just have to sit and wait even though I know what I could be doing to punish. I dunno.

Boney

Banned
Damn Lucario

Pac-man grab data:

Grabs Hitbox Active FAF

First hit is faster than Samus >.>

JulianImp

Pac-man grab data:

Grabs Hitbox Active FAF

I love how all three versions are exactly the same. It's like they weren't even trying. First grab on frame 12 means he can get it stuffed by almost anything, sadly. Then there's 37 frames of vulnerability after the final hitbox...

Do they have visual hitbox data like they had for Melee/Brawl?

He using the slow aura now? Oh the piercing one

Why does samus get a crappy Melee one...
You have customs.

I love how all three versions are exactly the same. It's like they weren't even trying. First grab on frame 12 means he can get it stuffed by almost anything, sadly. Then there's 37 frames of vulnerability after the final hitbox...

Do they have visual hitbox data like they had for Melee/Brawl?
Not yet.

JulianImp

I love how most streamers call the bell "flan".

Funny how DHD could just hold onto a fruit and still not miss out on being unable to use his normals.

JulianImp

Who needs to pivot grab when you have pivot bell?

You do have a point, since bells can be charged faster than a grab and are less punishable on whiffs.
Kappa

@Boney: I was using Crazy fruit the whole time against you, and that renders all high-level fruit useless (the bell doesn't stun and the key doesn't even move forward). I might go back to regular fruit sometime and experiment a bit more with bells, though.

Oh, okay. I can barely see the R2 on my TV. Almost like a game designer made the layout >.<

Yeah, it's a really small font. No problem for me on my computer monitor, but I'd wish they used the term "Quarterfinals" than "Pools R2".

We're down to around 250 from the starting 1926, and that number is only going down at this very moment.

Yeah, it's a really small font. No problem for me on my computer monitor, but I'd wish they used the term "Quarterfinals" than "Pools R2".

We're down to around 250 from the starting 1926, and that number is only going down at this very moment.

Would be better if I had a bigger TV, but my room can't fit one right now.

I haven't seen ZeRo all day. Hopefully we see him soon.

Top Bottom