• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

RomanceDawn

Nakat looked so salty. That's why you don't abandon Ness

Yeah he was mad.

I'm glad that Wii Fit Trainer put up a good show. my brother thinks she's almost useless. I can't stand his absolute opinions half the time. He's actually there competing at EVO, going by the name of Chazo.
I wanna play some before heading to bed :)

I'll play. But I've been in a personal slump lately that affects my smash game. Don't know how I'll fair.

We still haven't heard from Cyberman, he's like the only SmashGaf left who hasn't reported in. I wonder what's his results...

I won't be able to watch top 8 tomorrow, counting on you guys to keep me updated!

TWILT

Banned
Ahh and now I'm out. Lost to CT Nyani's Mario. I almost had the first game, but FLUDD ruins Shulk's recovery too easily even with customs. :(

Ah well, had a lot of fun regardless with how I did in Smash 4. Back at the hotel room, so I got time to write this real quick:

First match was up against a Rosalina player. I won the first match pretty convincingly, but the 2nd match he took me to Lylat where I lost. I believe I took him to Smashville, and well, believe it or not, this was actually the only time I got a really stupid Power Vision kill lol (though I had a 50% lead anyway).

Next was against a Ness player. I beat him pretty convincingly (the guy had a really poor accidental SD with his recovery) first round, then I beat his Doctor Mario convincingly again 2nd round.

Next match was when I got sent into losers. Was against a Captain Falcon and damn, I think it was the best one I've played yet in my Smash 4 career. I thought I had the matchup pretty down with Shulk, but er, I guess not lol. The 2nd round he even 0 to death'd my first stock. You can imagine how well that did for my self esteem.

Next match is actually a rematch against the Rosalina player. He won the first match, and that was when I got nervous. I brought him to Delfino next round (this is actually a pretty stupid idea in retrospect; don't do what I do lol) and was surprisingly able to clutch it out. He brought me to Lylat where I got nervous since that was where I lost a round to him in winners, but was able to 2 stock him with a good Backslash read and UAir kill.

Next was against a Wario player. I switched around my customs a little to use the Decisive Monado Arts and while I beat him pretty convincingly first round, 2nd match was pretty close. Shoutouts to Spin for the Wario EXP btw; I felt like I had the MU down well with Shulk; though the guy wasn't using Chomp nearly enough IMO.

Next was a runback against the Captain Falcon player. I knew Shulk wasn't going to do much, so this was the only time I went Pikachu at EVO. He beat in a fairly close match first round, but I managed to beat him second round pretty convincingly. He switched to Sheik 3rd round and that was when I got nervous as fuck since I only have so much Sheik experience, but I was able to clutch it out again. This was where I managed to get out of pools and was pretty happy I got my runback. ^_^

Unfortunately, like I said, I lost a really good Mario player. I wish NAir didn't have so much lag to it sometimes since it caused me to SD first round, but oh well. I DID consider Pikachu 2nd round, but I realized I was never fond of using him in this MU, especially with customs Mario.

Wasn't as disappointed as I was at Toryuken, but ehhh, wish I could have done better; felt like I could have gotten past the Mario player with just a bit more EXP. Had a lot of fun all things considered and was pretty happy how I did. Wish I could have played on stream though.

Time to focus on Marvel...which I haven't played in 2 months lol. Gonna grab dinner and then head to the lobby again to try and get this rust off me.

We still haven't heard from Cyberman, he's like the only SmashGaf left who hasn't reported in. I wonder what's his results...

I won't be able to watch top 8 tomorrow, counting on you guys to keep me updated!

I talked to him on Twitter; he didn't make it out unfortunately.

ffdgh

Slowly burning] sheik's soul.
KuGsj.gif

a lot of text

Sounds like at least you had some fun. Also if you want Mario experience I can derust myself and help you out with that. :)

Shame to hear about Cyber, I guess Gaf isn't making it to semis this game. :( Well, maybe next year I'll go and win big for you guys. :p

Yep this is a custom villager

Twilt and Cyberman, nice run guys. Everyone there takes work to beat.

I guarantee you that Beef is ecstatic about that Villager play. GUARANTEE.

This is a Professor Beef danger zone right now. Gotta wait until we forget about that Villager before posting here :p

EE is easily the best commentator. He was even better with Sky.

Twilt and Cyberman, nice run guys. Everyone there takes work to beat.

I guarantee you that Beef is ecstatic about that Villager play. GUARANTEE.

Does Beef encourage constantly throwing shit at your opponent? lol

Zero getting worried, he wants to do some last-second training to make sure he dominates.

Dabuz was supposed too be on stream, but they told him that nobody wants to see RosaLuma.

What actually happened was that Dabuz was mistaken about when he was going to play on stream, got tired of waiting and played his match off-stream. He said it had nothing to do with his playing Rosalina. Source.

Edit: I'm not surprised Mr. R is doing this well.

Ive always wanted to go to EVO, yet, never questioned how much it costs to participate. Like do I need to do anything special or just pay and play? I know its expensive due to plane tickets and hotel but I never really got how much it costs to play. I imagine around 30 to 50$?

Puruzi

Banned
Does Beef encourage constantly throwing shit at your opponent? lol

Zero getting worried, he wants to do some last-second training to make sure he dominates.

What actually happened was that Dabuz was mistaken about when he was going to play on stream, got tired of waiting and played his match off-stream. He said it had nothing to do with his playing Rosalina. Source.

Edit: I'm not surprised Mr. R is doing this well.
This is what I get for trusting reddit

RomanceDawn

Fun stuff, next time we should go for more whacky stages. Love me some orbital assault gate.

Oh please! I was about to pick New Super Mario Bros. For every 4 or 5 tourney stages I like to pick a wacky and fun regular stage. I'm always down for that.

Ive always wanted to go to EVO, yet, never questioned how much it costs to participate. Like do I need to do anything special or just pay and play? I know its expensive due to plane tickets and hotel but I never really got how much it costs to play. I imagine around 30 to 50$?
From what I could look up, this year's prices were $70 + $10 for each game you're competing in. $40-50 to spectate, depending on whether you wanna be there on Sunday or not.
This is what I get for trusting reddit

Reddit loves drama, unfortunately.

Top Bottom