• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just noticed something.

When people complain about Sm4sh not having hype, it's most likely people not watching Sm4sh to begin with.

What character hasn't been played yet since Mewtwo?

Dorf, Samus...

Oh yeah, and lolcustoms win again.

Speaking of rosalina, she's been surprisingly scarce so far unless I missed her.
Yeah. Lots of good characters to pick. Rosalina is for particular tastes.

This is a Professor Beef danger zone right now. Gotta wait until we forget about that Villager before posting here :p

EE is easily the best commentator. He was even better with Sky.
Nah, Beef has always been that way. Plays VJ in Marvel.

He's really patient when he needs to be and has really good forward airs. I don't know why he always uses forward throw and so many neutral airs, though.

Abadango weighs in on custom Villager.
Nair has no landing lag. Why not abuse the hell out of it?

Does Beef encourage constantly throwing shit at your opponent? lol

Zero getting worried, he wants to do some last-second training to make sure he dominates.

What actually happened was that Dabuz was mistaken about when he was going to play on stream, got tired of waiting and played his match off-stream. He said it had nothing to do with his playing Rosalina. Source.

Edit: I'm not surprised Mr. R is doing this well.
Hahaha. I want Zero to lose just so we know for a fact that the game is growing. Evo is a time for upsets.

Wow that's an awesome Bowser Jr. So fluid
Resisting the urge to rant about how I have said he's good...!

So, after Sm4sh is done tomorrow are we all going to have final opinions on whether we use customs or not? I'm honestly curious about this. I mean, a lot of matches people have chosen to stick with default specials, but then we had Wind Dong laming out a Sheik and someone exploiting custom Villager with all they had.

So, after Sm4sh is done tomorrow are we all going to have final opinions on whether we use customs or not? I'm honestly curious about this. I mean, a lot of matches people have chosen to stick with default specials, but then we had Wind Dong laming out a Sheik and someone exploiting custom Villager with all they had.

That camping villager was infuriating. It will be interesting to see how the Top 8 or so go.

We're going to get the same arguments.
"They add more options!"
"They're gimmicky and ruin the neutral!"
"They make more characters viable!"

Beats

I'll still use customs personally regardless of what happens at EVO since I really enjoy playing WFT with them. But if the person I'm playing with doesn't want to use them, then I'll just use another character I guess. That's mostly why I've been playing other characters besides her lately.

Neki

The most ridiculous thing I've seen so far is the custom Villager (which wasn't really that bad) and the diddy kong up b. Besides that, I don't think customs have played a big part on who won the match.

I really hope either someone takes top 8 with a very intuitive way of using customs or we get the lamest GF consisting of the most campy Villagers or Static Manny.

Edit: Abadango has a pocket Rosa? :O

GFs will be ZeRo and someone that doesn't matter.

Ban customs. Some of these are just ridiculous. Diddy Kong was nerfed? Not when he has that custom up-B.

ffdgh

The most ridiculous thing I've seen so far is the custom Villager (which wasn't really that bad) and the diddy kong up b. Besides that, I don't think customs have played a big part on who won the match.

Sheik got somewhat destroyed by whirling dong.

If it's not broken don't ban it. That's my stance from day 1 the logistics of customs got solved and I'm sticking with it. I don't care if it's annoying, it should stay. Yes even custom Villager and Dongbender. If it has a reasonable way around it deal with it.

JulianImp

"My planet needs me!" - Abadango

... When's Pac-Man?

I knew the double spring could be infuriating, but I always felt like losing the ability to chase opponents after sending them flying upwards was a bit too much of a disadvantage.

Because nobody here is sadistic enough to use it the way this Sonic does.

Jesus fuck, time out. That's awful. At least Abadango took it over the dumb blue shithead.

Flux seems fine spamming the single spring, so I don't think the double spring would go against his principles. Lucky me, though.

That was hilarious. A battle between two characters I hate. I actually want Rosalina to win just because of the quantity of Sonic players.

I really hope that Sakurai is watching all this on the side at work, or something.

Flux seems fine spamming the single spring, so I don't think the double spring would go against his principles. Lucky me, though.

That was hilarious. A battle between two characters I hate. I actually want Rosalina to win just because of the quantity of Sonic players.
Man, Rosalina might be top tier, but she takes a lot of work to use right. I destroy bad Rosas without effort with Mewtwo. Sonic makes Yoshi look thoughtful.

I really hope that Sakurai is watching all this on the side at work, or something.

Man, Rosalina might be top tier, but she takes a lot of work to use right. I destroy bad Rosas without effort with Mewtwo. Sonic makes Yoshi look thoughtful.

Oh yea definitely. Rosa is one of the top 2 or 3 characters, but she definitely has a high learning curve to be used as effectively as possible. As I say that though, she is also one of the easiest characters to use starting out.

JulianImp

Because correct me if I'm wrong but that worsens his recovery iirc and players that don't use it prefer the default one

Yup. Double spring almost forces Sonic to try and spin shot all he can, because he's as good as dead when he has to recover from below with that custom.

You were expecting Pac-Man, but it was I, Rosalina!
I wish I could've watched some more Pac-Man footage...

C'mon sonic you got this.

tumblr_m4tsramCAy1qzyang.gif

Yeah. Rosalina is a lot harder to play than Sonic. Definitely a unique character. Although there are some Rosalina players that just spam jab and seem to do quite well...

Because correct me if I'm wrong but that worsens his recovery iirc and players that don't use it prefer the default one

Using both seems to give the same height. Maybe it is a slower rise? No idea. I have never even heard of it until this match. But even if the recovery is worse, it seems like it would destroy Luigi.

JulianImp

Using both seems to give the same height. Maybe it is a slower rise? No idea. I have never even heard of it until this match. But even if the recovery is worse, it seems like it would destroy Luigi.

It actually goes lower, is considerably slower and has no hitboxes unlike the other custom spring (which isn't that good because I think takes longer for Sonic to be able to act out of it compared to the default one), making Sonic extra-gimpable.

I know Rosa is very hard to play at a high level and succeed with, but Sonic isn't a walk in the park either.

At high levels.

To consistently win with.

Bless your soul Abadango for freeing us.

It actually goes lower, is considerably slower and has no hitboxes unlike the other custom spring (which isn't that good because I think takes longer for Sonic to be able to act out of it compared to the default one), making Sonic extra-gimpable.

Oh. Well still seems good if only in the Luigi match-up. I can't tell you how many times Flux has just spammed spring to gimp me. It would a bit easier to get past if I could do jumpless rising tornado, but even then, quite a challenge.

Best Ness coming up. I don't like Ness, but I like FOW.

Hilarious scenario: Amsa wins Evo. Greninja gets nerfed again.

Yeah. Rosalina is a lot harder to play than Sonic. Definitely a unique character. Although there are some Rosalina players that just spam jab and seem to do quite well...

If she jabs, roll behind her between hits for a punish.

I have a soft spot for sonic. Sue me :p
I would if I could. ;)

I know Rosa is very hard to play at a high level and succeed with, but Sonic isn't a walk in the park either.

At high levels.

To consistently win with.

Bless your soul Abadango for freeing us.
I was nerdraging so hard at that set. The custom side B is ridiculously dumb.

JulianImp

We Greninja now?

Nami, if you wanted I could play some double spring Sonic sometime. I'm probably awfully rusty with him and he's nowhere near main quality for me anymore, but whatever.

We Greninja now?

Nami, if you wanted I could play some double spring Sonic sometime. I'm probably awfully rusty with him and he's nowhere near main quality for me anymore, but whatever.

Sure. Do double spring whenever I am off-stage as Luigi and I guarantee you will win.

FOW is destroying!

Top Bottom