• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I get hit by Shield Breaker all the time. I don't know what it is about that move, but my brain just doesn't handle it well. -_-

Custom DK isn't the problem. Custom DK + 100% use of Battlefield is. It's especially a problem when opponents start using it when I keep succeeding with a plethora of other characters. I can easily win against opponents that use this tactic using Sonic, but I'm not playing Sonic during casuals.
What does that have to do with my post?

LOL @ Nami picking Battlefield every time, though. Useless, because in 99% of tournament matches your opponent is going to ban Battlefield every time.

Is Twilt still in?
Nah, but he made it to quarterfinals. He posted a page ago about his journey. I think he made it the farthest among SmashGAF.

Out of curiosity, is there much of a difference between my and Wynd's Zelda?
You go for the up B reads a LOT more. Wynd uses neutral B more. IMHO, both of you could benefit from more neutral B, just because it has those delicious iframes. Wynd probably goes for "I think you're about to throw Shadow Ball" neutral Bs, too. Your combos and setups are better than his. Overall, I find your Zelda harder to deal with.

LOL @ Nami picking Battlefield every time, though. Useless, because in 99% of tournament matches your opponent is going to ban Battlefield every time.

Nah, but he made it to quarterfinals. He posted a page ago about his journey. I think he made it the farthest among SmashGAF.

I only used DK like three times, and one of those wasn't on BF.

It's irrelevant when I haven't been playing Sonic in this set at all until I started getting cheesed. If people are going to start cheesing me, that's when I'll really get serious and start wrecking people.

When it comes to most people here, I don't need Sonic to win.
;__; I-I've been working on the Sonic matchup too, you know?

To be fair, Namikaze does pick BF every time he is DK, lol. Nami, you gotta know that everyone will ban that stage vs custom DK! Gotta learn the other ones!

Tipster... time to bring out a long forgotten foe.... and you'll have... fries with that.

FluxWaveZ

You're talking as if I have a problem with custom DK. I do not have a problem with custom DK. Don't call me a hypocrite when you're misreading my argument. I have a problem with intent to cheese, and that's what the DK + BF combo is. Custom DK by itself is completely fine.

I only used DK like three times, and one of those wasn't on BF.

The one time it wasn't BF was because it was my stage, when you definitely picked BF as your choice.

Fandangox

Nice, will read his post later, good to see him make it that far with a character like Shulk.

Speaking of under represented characters, someone I know from DGames ma
de it to quarterfinals with Robin, lost tho.

Also what happened to FSLink?

You're talking as if I have a problem with custom DK. I do not have a problem with custom DK. Don't call me a hypocrite when you're misreading my argument. I have a problem with intent to cheese, and that's what the DK + BF combo is. Custom DK by itself is completely fine.
Hates cheese. Mains cheese. What's the difficulty in understanding your double think?

Yeah yeah, he played 2 matches on BF, and you got upset and complained while stroking your dick about how hard you will destroy him if he does it again. I got it.

Nice, will read his post later, good to see him make it that far with a character like Shulk.

I can't find FSLink's post, if he made one...lots of folks reporting results, can't keep them all straight. I think Beef went 3-2.

FluxWaveZ

Last match, Namikaze.

Hates cheese. Mains cheese. What's the difficulty in understanding your double think?

Yeah yeah, he played 2 matches on BF, and you got upset and complained while stroking your dick about how hard you will destroy him if he does it again. I got it.

So, to you, casual matches are the same as competitive matches? Matches where I'm not using Sonic and playing for fun are the same as matches where I'm using Sonic and spamming spin dashes? I wouldn't have a problem with DK + BF in competitive matches.

Edit: GGs.

Oidisco

You go for the up B reads a LOT more. Wynd uses neutral B more. IMHO, both of you could benefit from more neutral B, just because it has those delicious iframes. Wynd probably goes for "I think you're about to throw Shadow Ball" neutral Bs, too. Your combos and setups are better than his. Overall, I find your Zelda harder to deal with.

I tend to use Neutral B more when I'm under pressure, just to try and get some space. I don't really use it on Mewtwo's shadow ball simply because he can reflect it right back at me.
Aswell as that, I've actually tried to limit my use of Neutral B recently because it becomes super predictable and can be easily punished. I'm trying to use jab and down tilt a little more instead.

What I usually do with up-b is try to figure out my opponents rolling pattern and the distance they travel when rolling. I've gotten pretty good at shortening the distance of teleport so that I can aim it exactly where someone is going to roll.
Main thing I'm trying to do now with teleport is figure out some setups into the elevator. I don't trust myself to use it when someone dash-attacks my shield, even when i jump-cancel it. At around 80% the weak hits of nair combo into up-b, so that's the big thing I'm gonna be practicing with Zelda now.

GGs.

Not playing the game regularly makes me level 3 CPU difficulty. Couldn't do shit with anyone but Yoshi, and even then I wasn't doing great.

I just pick characters that I find fun. If that is DK on BF, then I pick it. I never complained about you picking the piece of shit that is Little Mac.

Last match, Namikaze.

So, to you, casual matches are the same as competitive matches? Matches where I'm not using Sonic and playing for fun are the same as matches where I'm using Sonic and spamming spin dashes? I wouldn't have a problem with DK + BF in competitive matches.
Nami is still relatively new with DK. He has been playing him for less time than I have played Mewtwo, and I wager that he has less than 1000 matches with him. How is he supposed to prepare his DK for competition, if not through friendlies? It may be annoying to you, but what else is he supposed to do for practicing matchups on that stage?

I will always ban perfectly platformless stages against Sonic and Yoshi players in competitive play, but I work on those matchups on omega stages in casual play. I let Nami use omega Kalos for 50 matches in a row, even though I would never let him use that stage in a tournament.

Isn't this just the basic logic of how to practice? I played my first 500 or so matches of Mewtwo on BF because it was too much for me to learn stage matchups and character matchups at the same time with a new and difficult character. Giving yourself some form of familiarity is important when learning. If you were beating Nami's DK on BF, all the more reason for him to keep picking a stage he SHOULD have a significant advantage on, but is still losing on. He has learning to do - doesn't that make good sense to you?

I tend to use Neutral B more when I'm under pressure, just to try and get some space. I don't really use it on Mewtwo's shadow ball simply because he can reflect it right back at me.
Aswell as that, I've actually tried to limit my use of Neutral B recently because it becomes super predictable and can be easily punished. I'm trying to use jab and down tilt a little more instead.

What I usually do with up-b is try to figure out my opponents rolling pattern and the distance they travel when rolling. I've gotten pretty good at shortening the distance of teleport so that I can aim it exactly where someone is going to roll.
Main thing I'm trying to do now with teleport is figure out some setups into the elevator. I don't trust myself to use it when someone dash-attacks my shield, even when i jump-cancel it. At around 80% the weak hits of nair combo into up-b, so that's the big thing I'm gonna be practicing with Zelda now.
I pretty much stopped rolling against you because you are so good at reading it. I think OoS into Dair is worth exploring for her, too. I wish jumping OoS into air dodge were easier...

Have you looked into Dair combos?

FluxWaveZ

I just pick characters that I find fun. If that is DK on BF, then I pick it. I never complained about you picking the piece of shit that is Little Mac.

I'm fine with that, but it's too much when it's a character renowned for its attacks combined with a particular stage. I was totally okay when you picked custom DK + BF the first time, but it quickly became apparent in match #3 that you used him that you were constantly going for Battlefield, before I typed here about it.

Much like the complaints towards certain characters like Sonic, it's not a fun gimmick, especially when I had been varying it up up to that point.

Nami is still relatively new with DK. He has been playing him for less time than I have played Mewtwo, and I wager that he has less than 1000 matches with him. How is he supposed to prepare his DK for competition, if not through friendlies? It may be annoying to you, but what else is he supposed to do for practicing matchups on that stage?

I will always ban perfectly platformless stages against Sonic and Yoshi players in competitive play, but I work on those matchups on omega stages in casual play.

Isn't this just the basic logic of how to practice? I played my first 500 or so matches of Mewtwo on BF because it was too much for me to learn stage matchups and character matchups at the same time with a new and difficult character. Giving yourself some form of familiarity is important when learning. If you were beating Nami's DK on BF, all the more reason for him to keep picking a stage he SHOULD have a significant advantage on, but is still losing on. He has learning to do - doesn't that make good sense to you?

Alright, so you're essentially saying that casual matches = competitive matches and anything goes in casual play, no matter how annoying it is for the opponent. That's funny, when I constantly see people like you complain about an opponent's characters and/or playstyle after a set, when the only time I've done so is this time and one other time when it came to BF + DK custom cheese. Your logic also applies to a Sonic player wanting to practice MUs and fighting on particular stages. So you'd be totally fine and not complain during a casual set if a Sonic player just constantly picked Final Destination?

GGs Tipster. Learned some new things.

Definitely good games Shamrock! That's probably the longest singles set we've played in forever. I've been trying to work pellets and up tilts in to my game more, so I hope that showed through a bit.

Also really appreciate the many Ness games. It's a matchup I need to practice, since I've started to attend locals, and there's no one better to play against to learn it better than you. :p

Thanks for playing!

Definitely good games Shamrock! That's probably the longest singles set we've played in forever. I've been trying to work pellets and up tilts in to my game more, so I hope that showed through a bit.

Also really appreciate the many Ness games. It's a matchup I need to practice, since I've started to attend locals, and there's no one better to play against to learn it better than you. :p

Thanks for playing!

Your utilts definitely did. You did incorporate pellets, but imo you need to use them even more. They are an excellent harassing tool and even though they don't do damage, they stun the opponent, messing up whatever rhythm they had approaching you.

Tipster, I will add that pellets REALLY frustrate Mewtwo. I legitimately don't know how to handle them. Bowser doesn't care, obviously.

I'm fine with that, but it's too much when it's a character renowned for its attacks combined with a particular stage. I was totally okay when you picked custom DK + BF the first time, but it quickly became apparent in match #3 that you used him that you were constantly going for Battlefield, before I typed here about it.

Much like the complaints towards certain characters like Sonic, it's not a fun gimmick, especially when I had been varying it up up to that point.

Alright, so you're essentially saying that casual matches = competitive matches and anything goes in casual play, no matter how annoying it is for the opponent.
I am saying that casual matches are for learning. It makes sense to do whatever you need to learn or master.

Not sure what you mean by "anything goes". If you mean going all out, I prefer that to my opponent playing suboptimally. It is those moments when my opponents kick their effort up to a 10 that push me to the next level.

At least you admit Sonic is a not-fun gimmick. ;)

Hatchtag

Banned
I played For Glory tonight for the first time in a month, and man. Your Little Mac gets bad when the people you play with ban the character >.>.

FluxWaveZ

I am saying that casual matches are for learning. It makes sense to do whatever you need to learn or master.

Not sure what you mean by "anything goes".

At least you admit Sonic is a not-fun gimmick. ;)

And as much as they are "for learning," they can also be annoying when set up a certain way. Of course Sonic is not fun to play against most people. At least I will pick any stage with Sonic when I play him instead of sticking to one. At least I have the courtesy to usually not pick Sonic unless it's made clear that the matches during a set will be more serious than not. I could be picking Sonic every single time I go against someone, but I usually won't be playing as Sonic because I realize that frustrates opponents. The least someone else could do for me is also have that respect. If not, then I'll just make matches as miserable as they ever are for them going against a Sonic.

I will always ban perfectly platformless stages against Sonic and Yoshi players in competitive play, but I work on those matchups on omega stages in casual play. I let Nami use omega Kalos for 50 matches in a row, even though I would never let him use that stage in a tournament.

HwS2PpN.jpg
This was taken roughly 2 weeks ago. DK may still be under 300 by now. There is a reason I am pretty bad with anyone except Yoshi.

I never pick Omega Kalos 50 times in a row. I tend to switch between 4-5 Omegas (Kalos, Palutena's, both Yoshi stages, and Pokemon Stadium), Smashville, BF depending on character, Delfino, and Halberd. But yes, Kalos is the most picked :)

Alright, so you're essentially saying that casual matches = competitive matches and anything goes in casual play, no matter how annoying it is for the opponent. That's funny, when I constantly see people like you complain about an opponent's characters and/or playstyle after a set, when the only time I've done so is this time and one other time when it came to BF + DK custom cheese.

The thing is, my DK is terrible. I didn't do up-B a ton, I did it a bit, but I could've done it a lot more. When I did do it, I didn't AC like 50% of the time. I would love to get practice against a DK that can't autocancel all the time. That way I could learn the best punish when the DK messes up.

The point of a casual match (IMO) is to have fun, but to also get practice for competitive matches. When you lose a casual match, it doesn't really matter. But you are supposed to try your hardest in a competitive match. If I plan to win often in casual or competitive, I pick Yoshi. The others are just for practice. I am not going to bring DK to ranbats unless it is an easy match-up. I am nowhere near good enough with him.

Go ahead and use Sonic against me whenever you want. I can always use the practice. Sonic is a really safe character, but he is only super annoying when the player stalls the match out.

leroidys

Oh hey I just played a few games against you as Lucas. GGs.

Hatchtag

Banned
Haha, what? Your local folks banned Little Mac?

Yeah lol. Well by local folks I mean my brother. But still. Dude guilt trips me into switching whenever I play as him.

I've been playing as Ryu since then but I'm nowhere near as good with him and still haven't learned how to do a Shoryuken.

And as much as they are "for learning," they can also be annoying when set up a certain way. Of course Sonic is not fun to play against most people. At least I will pick any stage with Sonic when I play him instead of sticking to one. At least I have the courtesy to usually not pick Sonic unless it's made clear that the matches during a set will be more serious than not. I could be picking Sonic every single time I go against someone, but I usually won't be playing as Sonic because I realize that frustrates opponents. The least someone else could do for me is also have that respect. If not, then I'll just make matches as miserable as they ever are for them going against a Sonic.

Not that I want to get into the middle of this, but in friendlies I do find it irritating sometimes when someone constantly picks stages that give them an advantage. I get that it's practice but when it's happens over and over and over again, that's when I draw the line and have to start picking stages myself.

Nami's a great player and I love playing against him (yes, even we he's Yoshi :p) but I'm not going to lie, the constant Battlefield with Custom DK and Kalos as Yoshi can become super irritating when that's all that is picked.

Your utilts definitely did. You did incorporate pellets, but imo you need to use them even more. They are an excellent harassing tool and even though they don't do damage, they stun the opponent, messing up whatever rhythm they had approaching you.

Yeah, that's definitely true. I've picked up a Pro-controller and want to see if that will help me with my button flubs when I go for pellet heavy games.

Anyone else looking to play for a bit?

FluxWaveZ

The thing is, my DK is terrible. I didn't do up-B a ton, I did it a bit, but I could've done it a lot more. When I did do it, I didn't AC like 50% of the time. I would love to get practice against a DK that can't autocancel all the time. That way I could learn the best punish when the DK messes up.

The point of a casual match (IMO) is to have fun, but to also get practice for competitive matches. When you lose a casual match, it doesn't really matter. But you are supposed to try your hardest in a competitive match. If I plan to win often in casual or competitive, I pick Yoshi. The others are just for practice. I am not going to bring DK to ranbats unless it is an easy match-up. I am nowhere near good enough with him.

The thing is that Battlefield is the stage for custom DK. There's no reason to pick that stage again and again and again unless it's to give that character a blatant advantage. It doesn't even fit the purpose of practicing with that character because it'd be much more worthwhile to pick a variety of other stages with him, and not just BF (which was a fully obvious trend, where I could have been playing 3 matches in a row against custom DK on BF if the RNG didn't go my way one time).

You can keep doing it, but that's when it won't be fun (at least for me, seems that Karsticles would be fine with it) and my mindset will go from "friendlies" to "competitive."

Go ahead and use Sonic against me whenever you want. I can always use the practice. Sonic is a really safe character, but he is only super annoying when the player stalls the match out.

I'll keep that in mind, though I tend to get bored using the same character for too long. Adjusting my playstyle to not annoy opponents can be a pain and make me play worse, so I just prefer to play other characters entirely.

It sounds like you are playing by a personal code, and that is fine. The problem is that you haven't communicated your personal code to your opponent, or established some notion that it should be reciprocated. Thus, you should expect for it to be violated. It really isn't reasonable to expect that Nami would know the secret rules you are playing by.

Like, Nami clearly knows my code: I beat his alts, he picks Yoshi and beats me, and then I bitch about Yoshi on here between matches. It is a well established ritual between us. If Nami and I were to play right now, he would probably refresh this thread after the first Yoshi win to read my bitch post.

Also, I would MUCH rather play your Sonic than your mediocre WFT. I want practice against who you are good with, and I want practice against good Sonics. Use him at max capacity so I can figure it out. Your WFT isn't going to help me with anything, but your Sonic will. That is why I play casuals. Nami probably wins 90% of his Yoshi vs. Mewtwo matches we play, but I always want more so I can close the gap. Ditto for Tipster and Shamrock.

Hell, because Tipster has stomped me so many rage filled matches for so long, I went 3-5 against him in our ranbat set. I would not have done so well without him piling up bodies when we play casuals.

This was taken roughly 2 weeks ago. DK may still be under 300 by now. There is a reason I am pretty bad with anyone except Yoshi.

I never pick Omega Kalos 50 times in a row. I tend to switch between 4-5 Omegas (Kalos, Palutena's, both Yoshi stages, and Pokemon Stadium), Smashville, BF depending on character, Delfino, and Halberd. But yes, Kalos is the most picked :)

You just have to get your DK to the level where you pick him in the first ranbat round, lose, bitch about how bad he is, and then go back to Yoshi for the rest. That is what I do, but with Mewtwo and Bowser, respectively. Soon I will feel confident enough to lose with Mewtwo, bitch, pick Jiggs, and then go back to Bowser (and bitch).

You have definitely picked Kalos 50 times in a row against me before. :p I like the stage, though, so it is cool.

Oidisco

I pretty much stopped rolling against you because you are so good at reading it. I think OoS into Dair is worth exploring for her, too. I wish jumping OoS into air dodge were easier...

Have you looked into Dair combos?

I have messed around with dair a little, and at high percents if I get the sweetspot and you don't crouch-cancel/tech (I'm not actually sure which), it combos into up-air which will kill. There's probably more, but that's the only thing I know of

Not that I want to get into the middle of this, but in friendlies I do find it irritating sometimes when someone constantly picks stages that give them an advantage. I get that it's practice but when it's happens over and over and over again, that's when I draw the line and have to start picking stages myself.

Nami's a great player and I love playing against him (yes, even we he's Yoshi :p) but I'm not going to lie, the constant Battlefield with Custom DK and Kalos as Yoshi can become super irritating when that's all that is picked.

You and everyone else need to tell me these things. You can tell me before or during the set. If you don't want Kalos, say so. I don't care about picking the stage. Don't pick random and we have an equal chance.
The thing is that Battlefield is the stage for custom DK. There's no reason to pick that stage again and again and again unless it's to give that character a blatant advantage. It doesn't even fit the purpose of practicing with that character because it'd be much more worthwhile to pick a variety of other stages with him, and not just BF (which it was fully obvious was a trend, where I could have been playing 3 matches in a row against custom DK on BF if the RNG didn't go my way one time).

You can keep doing it, but that's when it won't be fun (at least for me, seems that Karsticles would be fine with it) and my mindset will go from "friendlies" to "competitive."

It helps me practice ACing with up-B. I can pick Lylat and DL and it wouldn't be any different. But there is no need to say you're going to wreck me with Sonic if I am going to keep using DK on BF. I can switch without having been threatened. In fact, I picked a different character before I even read your post.

I am fine with competitive.Whatever that means to you. I will play the same way, but if you are trying even harder to win, and with Sonic, by all means go ahead.

You and everyone else need to tell me these things. You can tell me before or during the set. If you don't want Kalos, say so. I don't care about picking the stage. Don't pick random and we have an equal chance.

It helps me practice ACing with up-B. I can pick Lylat and DL and it wouldn't be any different. But there is no need to say you're going to wreck me with Sonic if I am going to keep using DK on BF. I can switch without having been threatened. In fact, I picked a different character before I even read your post.

I am fine with competitive.Whatever that means to you. I will play the same way, but if you are trying even harder to win, and with Sonic, by all means go ahead.

It just takes one temple pick and we're all good no matter how any times you pick Kalos buddy :p

FluxWaveZ

It sounds like you are playing by a personal code, and that is fine. The problem is that you haven't communicated your personal code to your opponent, or established some notion that it should be reciprocated. Thus, you should expect for it to be violated. It really isn't reasonable to expect that Nami would know the secret rules you are playing by.

Like, Nami clearly knows my code: I beat his alts, he picks Yoshi and beats me, and then I bitch about Yoshi on here between matches. It is a well established ritual between us. If Nami and I were to play right now, he would probably refresh this thread after the first Yoshi win to read my bitch post.

So, again, it sounds like you'd be fine if I made a match as frustrating for you as possible, either by constantly picking custom DK + BF, constantly rolling away with a keep-away character and spamming projectiles or by spamming Sonic spindashes as the only attack I use in a match. Or that you'd apparently be fine with someone constantly picking Final Destination (even though you've stated before how much you hate it when people keep picking Final Destination because of the flashy background). That's your code, I guess, but that's not mine. That's not why I go in this thread to play and have fun.

Also, I would MUCH rather play your Sonic than your mediocre WFT. I want practice against who you are good with, and I want practice against good Sonics. Use him at max capacity so I can figure it out. Your WFT isn't going to help me with anything, but your Sonic will. That is why I play casuals. Nami probably wins 90% of his Yoshi vs. Mewtwo matches we play, but I always want more so I can close the gap. Ditto for Tipster and Shamrock.

Hell, because Tipster has stomped me so many rage filled matches for so long, I went 3-5 against him in our ranbat set. I would not have done so well without him piling up bodies when we play casuals.

Usually, I'll play a variety of characters unless it's established before a set that an opponent wants me to stick to a specific one. But I'll usually pick a character with the intention and expectation to win. I don't think you've faced my WFT enough to gauge how good she is; I tend to get real bored if I constantly win against an opponent with a single character, and that opponent expects me to stick to the same one.

Sorry, I misread your intention with the character + stage combo, then. But understand, as Tipster pointed out, that it's not something that's pleasant to deal with when it's repetitive. In SC2 terms, it's cheese. It's as though I were playing friendlies against an opponent in that game, and they would 100% of the time early rush or pull an early proxy to eliminate me quickly. It can be simple to deal with, but it's not fun.

It isn't the first time I've dealt with it, and it's always after I've won a series of matches playing as a bunch of different characters, so I'm tired of seeing it.

I had a dream where I lived in Kalos Pokemon League.

I want to get off this ride. I want sleep again.

You're right, it was a dream. Not a nightmare, but a dream. You could've had a Scizor!

You just have to get your DK to the level where you pick him in the first ranbat round, lose, bitch about how bad he is, and then go back to Yoshi for the rest. That is what I do, but with Mewtwo and Bowser, respectively. Soon I will feel confident enough to lose with Mewtwo, bitch, pick Jiggs, and then go back to Bowser (and bitch).

You have definitely picked Kalos 50 times in a row against me before. :p I like the stage, though, so it is cool.

This isn't always true. I beat your Mewtwo with Lucario and you switched right away to Jigglypuff. But generally it does come down to a long set of Mewtwo vs. Yoshi in the end, with lots of one-sided rage posting.

My DK is at that level right now. Hell, I might even get lucky and win, considering I have gotten wins some of the people in my ranbats bracket with him before.

Have we ever even played 50 matches in a row? That is like 2.5 hours, not counting the time between matches and replying here. I can't even stand Kalos 50 times. It used to be a mix of Kalos and Palutena's Temple, but now I pick the other three omegas because you haven't complained about those.

It just takes one temple pick and we're all good no matter how any times you pick Kalos buddy :p

I didn't think Temple was that great in 1v1. I pick it all the time in 2v2, but then we get the odd person that quits :/

Sorry, I misread your intention with the character + stage combo, then. But understand, as Tipster pointed out, that it's not something that's pleasant to deal with when it's repetitive. In SC2 terms, it's cheese. It's as though I were playing friendlies against an opponent in that game, and they would 100% of the time early rush or pull an early proxy to eliminate me quickly. It can be simple to deal with, but it's not fun.

It isn't the first time I've dealt with it, and it's always after I've won a series of matches playing as a bunch of different characters, so I'm tired of seeing it.

Karsticles is right, though. Now that you've told me how much you hate DK + BF multiple times in a row, I won't do it again. But I won't know shit like this without being told so. I am a reasonable person, except for when people badmouth Yoshi :p

I know nothing about StarCraft so the analogy doesn't work. Unless you meant Soul Calibur, and then I am even more lost.

I was using Lucario, a character I just started trying to semi-seriously learn a few days ago. It would be different if I was losing with Yoshi and counterpicked DK.

FluxWaveZ

I know nothing about StarCraft so the analogy doesn't work. Unless you meant Soul Calibur, and then I am even more lost.

I was using Lucario, a character I just started trying to semi-seriously learn a few days ago. It would be different if I was losing with Yoshi and counterpicked DK.

Oh, I meant StarCraft 2. I guess, boiled down, I just meant any kind of abusive playstyle that an opponent would constantly go to without varying their technique or approach. Like, it can be fun going against those tactics in SC2, but repeated use of it will make anyone roll their eyes and even try to cheese the opponent back, resulting in a cycle of BM.

For the Lucario point, it's just that opponents will sometimes go for cheese when they're frustrated, even if they're not playing seriously or something, to in turn make the opponent frustrated. But...

Now that you've told me how much you hate DK + BF multiple times in a row, I won't do it again. But I won't know shit like this without being told so. I am a reasonable person, except for when people badmouth Yoshi :p

I know full well about this point though; I had a certain manner of playing that frustrated people in P4AU that I didn't know about until I got forcibly called out on it and this whole mess ensued. I would have simply stopped if people told me they weren't cool with it, but they were far more abrasive about it. So sorry again about being totally wrong concerning what you were doing. I should have thought back to my mistake back then; I ended up repeating what others did to me.

Typically, any playstyle goes with me; I couldn't care less about what the opponent does and anything that I find hard to overcome is just an opportunity to improve. This is why I don't get "salty" or why I never complain about how an opponent plays or call it cheap, even if I have a hard time with it. In the end, I'm just not happy when it seems like an opponent is persistently trying to disrespect me.

Sorry to stop just as you've switched to Little Mac, but I gotta get some sleep! Good games as always. It's nice to be back with SmashGAF to quickly see what you need to work on.

Oidisco

Ok gimme 2 more minutes and I'll be ready

That was supposed to be a down-b :(

I actually think Luigi's Down-B is my most hated move. It has so much priority, it's stoopid!

FSLink

Banned

Hi.

I'm out in Smash Wii U for EVO. Got sent to losers by Nature (ZSS), then eliminated in Losers Semis of pools by Rich Brown (Olimar)

Still in for Mahvel tomorrow

Went 3-2.
I used Duck Hunt the whole time.
My pools was pretty stacked. My little bro made it out of his pools though but got eliminated by Mr. E (Sheik). He used Wario the whole time, a lot of people don't know how to deal with heavy bike lmao
He went 6-2

Top Bottom