• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

That was lame.

I need to send an email, be right back.

I was mashing forward the entire time and he still kept attacking. The Gamecube analog is certainly not as responsive as a d-pad or a stick.

JulianImp

I feel like playing a couple 2v2s, so just let me know if anybody else wants to play.

On the topic of Pac-Man's viability, it isn't that he doesn't have any good combos at high %s, but that even at low percentages he has few guaranteed strings (fair>something, I guess), which many other characters do have for racking up some damage with relatively few risks taken. Of course you can do some nasty follow-ups if you can get some good reads on your opponents (I have done so several times myself), but Pac has to work more on his punishes to be succesful compared to the characters i nteh upper tiers. He's nowhere near low tier, though, that's for sure.

Trampoline is fun, but you can't ever compare the grab>combo follow-ups that Diddy, Sheik, ZSS, Luigi, Mario, Roy, Charizard and several other characters get, with some of them getting good enough follow-ups that they can actually do their KO moves from a grab. Comparing a move that can lead to KOs with a 7% damage move with pitiful knockback is a bit of a stretch at the very least. I won't deny that his nair's decent knockback and lightning-fast start-up are a godsend for escaping some attacks, though.

QP3

Well there's two main online modes.

For Fun which allows items, Free For Alls, All stages etc.

For Glory has no items and only Omega stages (Final Destination versions of all stages) Only 2 stocks for 1vs1 and Time matches for 2vs2

For Glory players arent that good, so if.you practice enough you should do okay, there's no matchmaking though, every bow and then you can run into a really good player. (I ran into Ac3star once didnt even realize...)

Great, thanks for the concise info. I am pretty competitive, so sounds like I could have some fun. I will likely be checking back in to this thread soon.

JulianImp

Great, thanks for the concise info. I am pretty competitive, so sounds like I could have some fun. I will likely be checking back in to this thread soon.

Great, welcome aboard!

Online with randoms is a bit of a coin flip, but you can always ask for matches here. Most of us play on a competitive-ish level, and you can find mains for many lesser-known characters, which is always good for some more match-up experience.

Edit: I'm still looking for opponents, and might do a couple 1v1s as well.

JulianImp

1v1 anyone?

I guess I'll bite. Have we played before? Otherwise, NNID's JulianImp.

@Boney: Regarding 3DS activity, I've only seen Fandangox asking for matches there, and I also play that version sometimes, but other than that most of us do stick to the WiiU version.

Fandangox

Also to your Wii U question, you don't really need it per se, since both versions have the same roster, but the Wii U version is the de facto competitive version since it allows for a lot more controller options, has more viable stages, and online is more solid in it since you can use an adapter for wired online play.

JulianImp

Sorry, left items on from my FFA matches.

Edit: I did it! I managed to block a full multihit move without foolishly dropping my shield midway through the attack!

JulianImp

Yes, just like in Mappy.

Gah. This win feels undeserved since I only managed to get that early stock off of you because of that trampoline mishap I didn't even plan for.

Edit: Sometimes I forget I've got wall-jumps.

Boney

Banned
Surprised most people at evo don't short hop airdodge with Mario. It's such a fantastic option. You can get a bair a dair or an uair before landing

Cross up bairs are fantastic.

Also that shoryu hurt so bad
Wish I was a good mario

Still around Phantom? I'm on my way home and really tired but totally up to play our Ranbats if you are.

Speaking of, did TWILT drop? I hope he's not banned next time if he did..

JulianImp

Please, don't go for flashy stuff that should not hit. At best you'll get to laugh at my perdictability, and I'm not learning much from you opening yourself up for flashy stuff.

Edit: Basically, come at me for real or tell me and let's joke around, but please don't disrespect me trying to land falcon punches, since it feels like you aren't even trying.

Nabster92

Please, don't go for flashy stuff that should not hit. At best you'll get to laugh at my perdictability, and I'm not learning much from you opening yourself up for flashy stuff.

Don't mean any disrespect by doing 1 or 2 falcon punches in a game. Just part of my falcon and I would do stuff like that against most anyone I play falcon with if I feel like it out of habit since I just like to do ridiculous stuff off stage.

QP3

Also to your Wii U question, you don't really need it per se, since both versions have the same roster, but the Wii U version is the de facto competitive version since it allows for a lot more controller options, has more viable stages, and online is more solid in it since you can use an adapter for wired online play.

For what it's worth there's very little 3ds activity here sadly

Great, welcome aboard!

Online with randoms is a bit of a coin flip, but you can always ask for matches here. Most of us play on a competitive-ish level, and you can find mains for many lesser-known characters, which is always good for some more match-up experience.

Edit: I'm still looking for opponents, and might do a couple 1v1s as well.

Thanks for all the responses. Sadly, I do not own a Wii U, but nice to see an active SmashGAF

Fandangox

Thanks for all the responses. Sadly, I do not own a Wii U, but nice to see an active SmashGAF

I play the 3ds version atm, until ny GC adapter arrives and/or my gamepad gets fixed.

Although after that I can still play on 3ds if someone wants.

Top Bottom