• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
You can reverse it but you can't do the other whatchamacallit.

You need to flick the stick to the opposite direction, let it return to neutral and then fire. It's pretty easy actually.

Oh. I always tried to do it the way I reverse Yoshi and Luigi. Press neutral B and quickly hit the opposite direction. So it is the reverse order for Samus?

Boney

Banned
Back if anyone wants to play, marvel is too boring for me

Oh. I always tried to do it the way I reverse Yoshi and Luigi. Press neutral B and quickly hit the opposite direction. So it is the reverse order for Samus?
Correct. They way you do it changes the momentum of the character, and that's what samus can't do.

All character can do it in the other way, it'll reverse the special but keep the momentum

Moonlight

Banned
Anyone here have any impressions on the Mayflash adapter? I've been looking high and low for a proper GameCube adapter, but I'm getting really tired of searching. Is there any problems with input lag or reliability?

Nabster92

Anyone here have any impressions on the Mayflash adapter? I've been looking high and low for a proper GameCube adapter, but I'm getting really tired of searching. Is there any problems with input lag or reliability?

I have been solely using the mayflash adapter and I don't have any issues with it that I can tell.

Correct. They way you do it changes the momentum of the character, and that's what samus can't do.

All character can do it in the other way, it'll reverse the special but keep the momentum

I can do the B-reverse without doing that change in momentum? Damn. So essentially I can jump forward and stick my tongue out behind me, while still jumping out what was forward. This might be useful!

I hear it is essentially the same as the official Nintendo GameCube adapter.

Is it a much smaller window than other B reverses? Every time I play Samus I try, but she ends up firing the shot without turning around.

You can reverse it but you can't do the other whatchamacallit.

You need to flick the stick to the opposite direction, let it return to neutral and then fire. It's pretty easy actually.
Ah. Maybe she can't waveland it. I know she can reverse it because I saw a kill compilation. :p

JulianImp

I've always been flicking the stick backwards and then pressing B, and I never knew that you could also press B and then flick the stick to do the same thing but while reversing your horizontal momentum. That's really cool! I guess I'll have to look into it.

Been playing for quite a while against a crazy good FG Link, who knew quite well when to camp with his annoying arrows and when to go on the offensive. I finally managed to adapt to his style and win a couple of matches, but the guy sure made me work hard to get those wins! Most of my decissive KOs were hydrant gambles, since Link has an absurd number of relatively moves that he can use to knock it Pac's way if I'm not careful.

Nabster92

I can do the B-reverse without doing that change in momentum? Damn. So essentially I can jump forward and stick my tongue out behind me, while still jumping out what was forward. This might be useful!

I hear it is essentially the same as the official Nintendo GameCube adapter.

You could also do both things at the same time to like double reverse it. So jump forward and press back before neutral b to change the direction you do it, then press the other way right after pressing b so that way you reverse it back to being a forward lick, but you reverse your momentum back to retreating again.

You could also do both things at the same time to like double reverse it. So jump forward and press back before neutral b to change the direction you do it, then press the other way right after pressing b so that way you reverse it back to being a forward lick, but you reverse your momentum back to retreating again.

Isn't that a wavebounce? I have my controls set up in a way to do that, but I am not the best at getting it. If I mess up, I end up going into an egg. I tried to do it this way before, but I was pressing B, and quickly going backwards on the control stick then forward. I never even knew I could press back before pressing B. Now I might be able to perform this with some consistency. Thanks!

Nabster92

Isn't that a wavebounce? I have my controls set up in a way to do that, but I am not the best at getting it. If I mess up, I end up going into an egg. I tried to do it this way before, but I was pressing B, and quickly going backwards on the control stick then forward. I never even knew I could press back before pressing B. Now I might be able to perform this with some consistency. Thanks!

Yea maybe, I get confused with terminology of things sometimes, but I know what that does and how to do it. I don't think I have that much reason to actually do a wavebounce as Rosalina though, so I don't really bother doing it myself.

Yea maybe, I get confused with terminology of things sometimes, but I know what that does and how to do it. I don't think I have that much reason to actually do a wavebounce as Rosalina though, so I don't really bother doing it myself.

I am trying this and it is so hard to do. I have done it a couple times, but the momentum shift is extremely small compared to the shortcut way I have. The execution is really messing me up.

Not a real edit: Okay, so the slide/push backwards is bigger depending on my air speed. If I do it right as I jump, it is a decent amount. I am getting the hang of it more, but this practice is pretty boring, so...

Anyone want to 1v1?

Puruzi

Banned
I am trying this and it is so hard to do. I have done it a couple times, but the momentum shift is extremely small compared to the shortcut way I have. The execution is really messing me up.

Not a real edit: Okay, so the slide/push backwards is bigger depending on my air speed. If I do it right as I jump, it is a decent amount. I am getting the hang of it more, but this practice is pretty boring, so...

Anyone want to 1v1?
I'll play if you want

GGs Puruzi. I did a lot better with my mains than I did with my very low secondaries (T. Link and Lucario). I do a lot of stupid stuff with Lucario, and I need to get better at reading with him. I just can't seem to get the kill.

So apparently, I've played 9697 matches of this game.

Gahd damn...

Wow. That is more than me. I just got the 7777 battles message yesterday.

Puruzi

Banned
GGs Puruzi. I did a lot better with my mains than I did with my very low secondaries (T. Link and Lucario). I do a lot of stupid stuff with Lucario, and I need to get better at reading with him. I just can't seem to get the kill.

Wow. That is more than me. I just got the 7777 battles message yesterday.
GGs

So apparently, I've played 9697 matches of this game.

Gahd damn...

How do you guys play so much Smash in such a short time? D: Is your system used as a setup for locals or something? I have a little over 4100 matches played, and Fox is my most used character at 416.

Falco is behind him at 415 lol, with Ike and both Marios rounding out the top 5. I think I'll take a screen of my records again for fun. :3

Oidisco

How do you guys play so much Smash in such a short time? D: Is your system used as a setup for locals or something? I have a little over 4100 matches played, and Fox is my most used character at 416.

Falco is behind him at 415 lol, with Ike and both Marios rounding out the top 5. I think I'll take a screen of my records again for fun. :3

I've been out of work and college because of health problems, so i've a lot of time to play!

I've won over 78% of them, which considering how disgustingly terrible I was for the first few months, it's pretty good.

I've played Yoshi almost as much as you've played the game. I really should be better with him...

This is almost the only game I play. Ever since it came out, I haven't played much else. I have so many good games to beat, too.

My win rate is terrible. I had to calculate it manually, but it was like 58%. The number of losses I have against Nabster, Shamrock, Flux, Cyberman, Tipster, etc. must be really high. Then again, I only have a 71% win rate on FG, but I tend to pick random and screw around.

I've been out of work and college because of health problems, so i've a lot of time to play!
Lucky! D:
I've played Yoshi almost as much as you've played the game. I really should be better with him...

This is almost the only game I play. Ever since it came out, I haven't played much else. I have so many good games to beat, too.

My win rate is terrible. I had to calculate it manually, but it was like 58%. The number of losses I have against Nabster, Shamrock, Flux, Cyberman, Tipster, etc. must be really high. Then again, I only have a 71% win rate on FG, but I tend to pick random and screw around.
To be fair, a lot of my general Smash experience comes from Melee where you have to overcome a large skill gap before you can start becoming competitive, and I had already overcome the first cliff to where I was at least somewhat competent and not a nooby noob. :) I never took Brawl seriously though, so I kinda started fresh with this game. Maybe that helped or maybe it didn't? I don't know.

I play a ton of other games beside Smash, but this is definitely the title I've sinked the most time into since purchasing it.

I don't think win rate really matters, given so many things go into whether you're gonna win or not. What does win rate tell you, other than how often you've won battles? I don't see an indication of skill, but of hard work. And I'm sad I'm not in that list, I guess I don't beat your Yoshi enough huh? I remember our first bout, you could barely defeat my Falco but you've improved a ton to where I don't think my Falco can beat your Yoshi anymore. I have improved as well though! >:D

Edit: I sent you a replay of me wrecking someone on For Glory with Yoshi, Namikaze. Should give you an idea of what I constantly see from Yoshis. :p

To be fair, a lot of my general Smash experience comes from Melee where you have to overcome a large skill gap before you can start becoming competitive, and I had already overcome the first cliff to where I was at least somewhat competent and not a nooby noob. :) I never took Brawl seriously though, so I kinda started fresh with this game. Maybe that helped or maybe it didn't? I don't know.

I play a ton of other games beside Smash, but this is definitely the title I've sinked the most time into since purchasing it.

I don't think win rate really matters, given so many things go into whether you're gonna win or not. What does win rate tell you, other than how often you've won battles? I don't see an indication of skill, but of hard work. And I'm sad I'm not in that list, I guess I don't beat your Yoshi enough huh? I remember our first bout, you could barely defeat my Falco but you've improved a ton to where I don't think my Falco can beat your Yoshi anymore. I have improved as well though! >:D

Edit: I sent you a replay of me wrecking someone on For Glory with Yoshi, Namikaze. Should give you an idea of what I constantly see from Yoshis. :p

I don't even play you a lot, that is probably the biggest reason. That, and I don't usually go 10 games against you without a single win, whereas that happens against Nabster or Shamrock. I don't remember that. The first battle against you I can remember is Yoshi vs. Doc on Omega Kalos. I do pretty terrible against any Falco. The random smashes that I can't seem to punish, the dtilt that kills super early, and the aerials all get me.

Anyone want to be my partner against someone I know in real life for 2v2? I have never played them before, so no idea how good they are. Customs will be off.

I don't even play you a lot, that is probably the biggest reason. That, and I don't usually go 10 games against you without a single win, whereas that happens against Nabster or Shamrock. I don't remember that. The first battle against you I can remember is Yoshi vs. Doc on Omega Kalos. I do pretty terrible against any Falco. The random smashes that I can't seem to punish, the dtilt that kills super early, and the aerials all get me.

Ah, I suppose we don't play that often though our sessions always stick with me. :O Yeah, I'm not so skilled that I can pull off streaks, given I have my own flaws I need to hammer out like the fact that the only characters I can say I know a lot about are Doc and Ike, and they don't handle Yoshi well on your damn Pokemon League stage. Ike especially, you can just camp me out with eggs and my poor mobility means I can't do much about it until you mess up. :(

We should play more. :) Hopefully I can play you tomorrow, I always have fun with your Yoshi despite the shit talk. I feel you're close to my skill level so you're like a great training partner for me. No major stomping on either side. :)

I kinda worry if my usage of smilies and such annoys people on here, I can stop if you want...

Edit: DID YOU JUST SAY 2V2

Ah, I suppose we don't play that often though our sessions always stick with me. :O Yeah, I'm not so skilled that I can pull off streaks, given I have my own flaws I need to hammer out like the fact that the only characters I can say I know a lot about are Doc and Ike, and they don't handle Yoshi well on your damn Pokemon League stage. Ike especially, you can just camp me out with eggs and my poor mobility means I can't do much about it until you mess up. :(

We should play more. :) Hopefully I can play you tomorrow, I always have fun with your Yoshi despite the shit talk. I feel you're close to my skill level so you're like a great training partner for me. No major stomping on either side. :)

I kinda worry if my usage of smilies and such annoys people on here, I can stop if you want...

Edit: DID YOU JUST SAY 2V2

Last time we played (excluding the most recent time with the lag and waits) was a long time ago. I think you were playing Fox. I mess up a lot, and I don't generally just try and dodge and throw eggs. I could if that is what you want :p

I said 2v2, but apparently their TV is being used right now. Trying to see when they will be able to get on it.. sorry.

Alright, let's FFA in the meantime. Join up, Tipster! They don't know when their TV will be available, but they already have a partner (their brother).

Cronox

Banned
Watched the Melee top 8, hype as fuck. Sports fans in physical sports have it easy, they just root for their team. I didn't want any of the top 8 to lose :( Armada winning makes for a good ending for the documentary Samox is producing on him though. Best video of the tournament, if you missed it.

Watched Mahvel vs Konami 3, less hype cause I really can't tell what the hell is going on in that game. All the flashy effects made the stream turn into complete garbage visually. Seems like the fighting game equivalent of a bullet hell game. No thanks. Speaking as someone who owns the game, I just can't get into it.

Watched Ultra Boulevard Fisticuffer, was surprised by how hype it was. There were a lot of really good matches and moments in there. While of course I'm generalizing, there's a beautiful simplicity to Street Fighter - I feel like the gameplay isn't as execution-focused as Smash. If you get the punish, you get the punish. SF players don't have to read opponent DI, use wavedashing/landing/l-canceling techniques to make combos possible etc. SF is more "pure" in that sense. Momochi walked away with an impressive sum of money, if only some of the other games had that much of a bonus...

Because I almost never tweet anything, I'm getting a weird "senpai noticed me" feeling cause PPMD favorited an encouraging message I sent him.

When do I get to play your Sheik?

When I feel good about playing my Sheik :/

If it's any consolation, I am in the same boat. I never even finished Bayonetta 2. Bought Splatoon and it's just sitting there. I barely made it past the tutorial. That's not even getting into the rest of my 400+ game backlog.

Watched the Melee top 8, hype as fuck. Sports fans in physical sports have it easy, they just root for their team. I didn't want any of the top 8 to lose :( Armada winning makes for a good ending for the documentary Samox is producing on him though. Best video of the tournament, if you missed it.

Watched Mahvel vs Konami 3, less hype cause I really can't tell what the hell is going on in that game. All the flashy effects made the stream turn into complete garbage visually. Seems like the fighting game equivalent of a bullet hell game. No thanks. Speaking as someone who owns the game, I just can't get into it.

Watched Ultra Boulevard Fisticuffer, was surprised by how hype it was. There were a lot of really good matches and moments in there. While of course I'm generalizing, there's a beautiful simplicity to Street Fighter - I feel like the gameplay isn't as execution-focused as Smash. If you get the punish, you get the punish. SF players don't have to read opponent DI, use wavedashing/landing/l-canceling techniques to make combos possible etc. SF is more "pure" in that sense. Momochi walked away with an impressive sum of money, if only some of the other games had that much of a bonus...

Because I almost never tweet anything, I'm getting a weird "senpai noticed me" feeling cause PPMD favorited an encouraging message I sent him.

When I feel good about playing my Sheik :/

If it's any consolation, I am in the same boat. I never even finished Bayonetta 2. Bought Splatoon and it's just sitting there. I barely made it past the tutorial. That's not even getting into the rest of my 400+ game backlog.
Bayonetta 2 took two days of playing. Suck it up and play, it's great.

Shame on you for hating on Marvel. Best game ever made minus the horrendous game-balance-ruining glitch.

Get your Sheik out here and play. I'll use Jigglypuff so there won't be any real competition.

I am not even Yoshi. Why do you people always gang up on me? D:
This is like...my childhood. I mained Samus in Melee, and in FFA I did what any smart Samus main would do. Of course, my friends and I all played 99 stock FFA with items on. When my friends were at 20 lives, and I still had 60, it always became a "kill Karst" game.

On that note, Melee top 8 reminded me of how amazing Samus' missiles used to be. Holy crap. Why can't power missiles KO anymore? Why can't Samus quickly recover from missile fire? Why did the sex kick have to go away? My poor Samus. :-(

Oidisco

Another morning of sleep deprevation and once again I play Zelda in ways I've never done before. I was stupid and didn't record the matches again, but I noted the biggest difference, which was my edge-guarding.

I went far deeper off-stage and in some cases even went for suicide edge-guards that always worked out. I absolutely destroyed an amazing Falcon player when I used Zelda. My fair/bair spacing was perfect, my combos and strings were great and my edge-guarding was the best it's ever been.

Why can't I always play like this!?

Top Bottom