• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Trying other chars is almost a necessity for getting better at smash. Skills learned from other chars can easily translate to the rest of he roster.

Single player can give you an understanding of the moves but playing against players gives an understanding of more advanced playstyles.

Having friends who aren't that good in smash helped me try others since it's usually a house rule that I don't pick zelda. So I go random most of the time.

JulianImp

Alright, I'm finally back home and not feeling like I'm about to collapse any minute like I was yesterday!

Is anyone looking to play? I'd rather play some doubles since it's been a while since I last did that, but I guess I'd also be fine with 1v1s as well.

Oidisco

Alright, I'm finally back home and not feeling like I'm about to collapse any minute like I was yesterday!

Is anyone looking to play? I'd rather play some doubles since it's been a while since I last did that, but I guess I'd also be fine with 1v1s as well.

I can play some 1v1 for a little want

Oidisco

Ok there's some serious input lag goin on here that's really throwing me off. I would've air-dodged and shielded a bunch of things, but it didn't work :(

Murray97

Aye, while I respect the dedication...

...yeah, that. :( Might I recommend exploring the other swordfighters? Not necessarily any of the Fire Emblem characters but Marth is close enough that you can at least transfer some skills over while learning some quality spacing.

I might try picking up Roy. Since he actually seems to be decent.

Oidisco

Alright good games dude. You were doing some amazing things with the fruit in that last match!

Sorry about not playing for longer though, I don't know if it was bad for you but so many moves were just not coming out as intended. A few of those up-tilts were supposed to be short hop up-airs in the last game with Samus, it was super annoying!
I might try picking up Roy. Since he actually seems to be decent.

I came very close to replacing Marth with Roy, but his off-stage game was so terrible that I just couldn't do it!

Ugh, I super super hate it when you finally find someone good on For Glory and they leave without a word. Annoys the heck out of me. >.<;;; Dude only picked Sheik and Rosa, with one Diddy who got torn up and one Falcon. I was cycling through my secondaries and he leaves before I get to my mains! D: What's up with that? I was just getting started...

That said, it seems I'm super rusty fighting Rosalina. Nabster, we should schedule a playdate sometime so I can get a refresher on how annoyingly strong Luma is.

Ugh, I super super hate it when you finally find someone good on For Glory and they leave without a word. Annoys the heck out of me. >.<;;; Dude only picked Sheik and Rosa, with one Diddy who got torn up and one Falcon. I was cycling through my secondaries and he leaves before I get to my mains! D: What's up with that? I was just getting started...

That said, it seems I'm super rusty fighting Rosalina. Nabster, we should schedule a playdate sometime so I can get a refresher on how annoyingly strong Luma is.

This is what you get for not practicing space animals.

Sakurai said the Smash Wii U update that adds Tourney + Tournament modes as well as in-game YouTube functionality is coming in August, right? So... very soon!

Anyone think we'll get Hyrule Castle 64 and Peach's Castle 64 in that update as well?

Boney

Banned
Yup. I just need to get better.
You're pretty good as well, we're had some close fights

Sakurai said the Smash Wii U update that adds Tourney + Tournament modes as well as in-game YouTube functionality is coming in August, right? So... very soon!

Anyone think we'll get Hyrule Castle 64 and Peach's Castle 64 in that update as well?
I've heard august but I can't remember from where. And probably I mean, they shouldn't take that much work...

Let me know when they add the 3ds stages

Hatchtag

Banned

Probably.
I'm guessing we'll get Wolf and maybe someone else in it as well. Plus Mii Fighter Costumes a plenty.

Boney

Banned
I still need to get better. If you see something that I should do to be moar awesome. Pls do tell.

Igual deje de lado mucho tiempo este juego y juego casi nunca T_T
You probably do to many unsafe aerials and smashes at times. Your bowser is great but you have trouble landing with him you just can't throw that many down b's and dairs and bairs. They'll get you punished.

Yo me calenté con la wii u cuando salió esto y las vacaciones fueron puro smash >.> y no he jugado mucho más nada que no sea esto

You probably do to many unsafe aerials and smashes at times. Your bowser is great but you have trouble landing with him you just can't throw that many down b's and dairs and bairs. They'll get you punished.

Yo me calenté con la wii u cuando salió esto y las vacaciones fueron puro smash >.> y no he jugado mucho más nada que no sea esto

Lol, your charizard crushed me xD

Boney

Banned
Wow that Charizard destructiooooon

Non flat stages give you more trouble it seems

Way too many air dodges to the ground. Bowser as a character has a horrible time landing, the best option is to go the ledge if you can

I've heard august but I can't remember from where. And probably I mean, they shouldn't take that much work...

Let me know when they add the 3ds stages

You probably heard it in Sakurai's E3 "New content approaching!" presentation, same as I. :p Man, I wish they would add some 3DS stages to the Wii U version... I doubt that'll ever happen, though. Sucks, because I would pay good money for Magicant, SNES Mute City, Balloon Fight, Pac-Maze, Rainbow Road, Prism Tower, and others...

Probably.
I'm guessing we'll get Wolf and maybe someone else in it as well. Plus Mii Fighter Costumes a plenty.

We'll almost certainly get a third wave of Mii Fighter costumes, but I'm not so sure about even more new characters so soon. Getting three new characters in one day at E3 was a huge deal, so I think it'll be awhile longer (later this year, fall or winter) before we see more characters added. I feel like Wolf will be announced and added to coincide with Star Fox Zero's marketing during toward the end of the year.

After Wolf... who knows? Probably the character chosen from the ballot in Spring 2016 or something. Things will get very interesting and murky after Wolf's addition since he's the last remaining Brawl/Melee vet who is both highly requested and has realistic chances of being added into the Wii U/3DS roster. (Ice Climbers and Pokémon Trainer are out for obvious reasons, Young Link is just Toon Link but not nearly as cool, and only a very tiny minority even want or care about Pichu. Ivysaur and Squirtle could technically have a chance, but I seriously doubt it.)

Someone play me :( I just had to fight a Falco that just rolled and down or up smashed, with some grabs mixed in. It was hard as Dr. Mario. But I still won! I just kept thinking that I couldn't let CRQ down.

Boney

Banned
In my defense the floating platforms are not my strong point.

Yeah, i suck.
Not at all! You got good fundamentals and great use of up b.

There's a lot of bowsers around here, Karsticles is amazing as him you guys should play and you'll learn a lot, plus the guy loves teaching so it really helps a lot

Top Bottom