• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
So did half the people who posted during pre-release Smash hype threads just disappear or something? :O I feel like we took over the OTs to conduct matchmaking.
We've had that discussion when the dlc speculation thread happened. People prefer to talk and theorize rather talk about the actual game
People are also put off by the match making

I forgot to ask you the other day, what do you think I should improve with my Mewtwo?
Did you get to have the joy of facing Sonic?

So did half the people who posted during pre-release Smash hype threads just disappear or something? :O I feel like we took over the OTs to conduct matchmaking.
It happens with every fighting game release. Video games are a form of entertainment for most people. They want to be entertained with minimal effort. Like a passive movie. Pre-release entertains them with funny pictures and character reveals. When the actual game drops, it is too much effort, so they move on to be passively entertained by something else. This is the status of the common man.

Another echelon wants to be challenged, and overcome challenges. These people stick around post-release, and spend most of their time honing their skills to better compete and overcome challenges. These are the people that stick around in an OT after the first month. It isn't a Smash phenomenon, it is all games, and especially all fighting games.

Oidisco

Speaking of that. Want me to upload a video where I use phantom to stop a sheik bouncing fish recovery, and while they're still stuck in the phantom, spike them?

Yea dude that'd be awesome! I've got a couple of videos to upload later where I fight a really good Falcon. He had great spacing and approaches, but I just found ways to outplay him.

I am good to be goofy. :-D

Ah, cool. Are you going to put a lot of effort into him to show me up? :)

I've decided to pick up a few more characters as I am pretty comfortable where I am at with most of the ones I play as. Unlike some here, it takes me forever to get good with a character so I have to take it slow and only do a couple at a time, lol

I've decided to pick up a few more characters as I am pretty comfortable where I am at with most of the ones I play as. Unlike some here, it takes me forever to get good with a character so I have to take it slow and only do a couple at a time, lol

I think you just had the luck of picking a character with a high skill floor. I'm suffering the same thing with Sheik right now, and I know the only thing that keeps me alive with her is sheer fundamentals. :/

Can't imagine what it'd be like to pick up Diddy seriously in this post-patch world.

I think you just had the luck of picking a character with a high skill floor. I'm suffering the same thing with Sheik right now, and I know the only thing that keeps me alive with her is sheer fundamentals. :/

Can't imagine what it'd be like to pick up Diddy seriously in this post-patch world.

It was a long time coming to be honest. My mains have always been Ness and Link in the 3 previous Smash Bros, and this is the first time that Ness is genuinely good, and Link is not at the bottom.

It was a long time coming to be honest. My mains have always been Ness and Link in the 3 previous Smash Bros, and this is the first time that Ness is genuinely good, and Link is not at the bottom.

But Link was a solid mid-tier in Melee for what it's worth, and Ness...well, at least you weren't a Kirby main during those dark years...

Edit: Karst, I know you go to Smashboards every so often. Are there Mewtwo mains who you could say are stronger than you? Ignoring Trela, if you wanna call him a Mewtwo main.

Kirby had Smash64, and was decent enough in Brawl

For sure, I don't deny that, but I'm saying Ness at least wasn't the absolute worst in Melee.

Honestly, if they nerfed his speech so he only said "PK Fire" every three side-B's I would be perfectly happy.

I'm making my own fan tier list for fun, and it's really hard to decide how to rank a bunch of characters in the middle. Everyone is bunched up in the center. >.<;;;

For sure, I don't deny that, but I'm saying Ness at least wasn't the absolute worst in Melee.

Honestly, if they nerfed his speech so he only said "PK Fire" every three side-B's I would be perfectly happy.

I'm making my own fan tier list for fun, and it's really hard to decide how to rank a bunch of characters in the middle. Everyone is bunched up in the center. >.<;;;

Yea, I think overall, against most competition, from mid tier up (and even a few lower tiers), you can do extremely well. I won most local tourneys with Ness in Brawl back in the day, and I regularly placed high in the ladders online. I think the consensus of Ness was he was at the 2nd or 3rd lowest tier

Puruzi

Banned
Yea, I think overall, against most competition, from mid tier up (and even a few lower tiers), you can do extremely well. I won most local tourneys with Ness in Brawl back in the day, and I regularly placed high in the ladders online. I think the consensus of Ness was he was at the 2nd or 3rd lowest tier
Grab release shenanigans hurt.

Fandangox

More characters you say?

i_need_professional_help_by_geniusgt-d8kh4sc.gif

But Link was a solid mid-tier in Melee for what it's worth, and Ness...well, at least you weren't a Kirby main during those dark years...

Edit: Karst, I know you go to Smashboards every so often. Are there Mewtwo mains who you could say are stronger than you? Ignoring Trela, if you wanna call him a Mewtwo main.
Trela just played him to collect a bounty, I found out. :(

The other Mewtwo mains I know of are Logic, Nature, and Raykz. I am not big on saying who is better or worse than me. Raykz made it out of pools at Evo, though, and works really hard. I haven't been impressed by Logic, and he only used Olimar at Evo. Maybe he gave up. Nature is pretty good, though.

Playing with you guys hyped me again with this game. Today I Will be online for some friendly matches and Learn more. :)
:)

Maybe. I am going out so we will see
I might play now, if you are available.

Last game, parents pulled a surprise trip out of the house on me and need to drive them

GG's. Your Mewtwo doesn't seem as aggressive as Karsts, thats how I see it from my very nub standpoint lol

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5aEUy8u.png[/IMG]

This is what I've been able to come up with so far. The order within the tiers doesn't matter, God knows I don't wanna have to deal with that. Also, this is all assuming no customs. You guys wanna completely tear apart my opinions now or what? In my opinion, everyone in B or above can potentially win tournaments. C, you could see them in top 8. D, I don't think they have a chance. :(

Code:

This is what I've been able to come up with so far. The order within the tiers doesn't matter, God knows I don't wanna have to deal with that. Also, this is all assuming no customs. You guys wanna completely tear apart my opinions now or what? In my opinion, everyone in B or above can potentially win tournaments. C, you could see them in top 8. D, I don't think they have a chance. :(

Not bad. Lil Mac is pretty high for having so many bad matchups. Link is too low. He is a solid mid tier. Robin is too low. I'd put him/her in mid also. Lucas and Pac are a tier too high. I'd put Lucario a bit higher. The Pits don't have enough differences to really separate them that much. Brawler is not that high without custom moves.

Fandangox

Code:

Mewtwo too high, Palutena too low.

Not bad. Lil Mac is pretty high for having so many bad matchups. Link is too low. He is a solid mid tier. Robin is too low. I'd put him/her in mid also. Lucas and Pac are a tier too high. I'd put Lucario a bit higher. The Pits don't have enough differences to really separate them that much. Brawler is not that high without custom moves.
My bad, I forgot to mention Mii Fighters are the sole exception. Otherwise I wouldn't bother ranking them because I don't think any default Mii Fighter has been talked about as being worth using.

I put Mac up high because aside from his struggles with the top tiers, he still has incredible frame data, super armor and the KO punch. He has the advantage on Fox, I believe, and can probably tangle with everyone in his tier group.

I haven't fought Link in forever, and I haven't played a Robin that made me think he could reach top 8 yet. I have seen that replay of yours, but I couldn't help but wonder how Robin could deal with other characters.

I think Pac has great potential as Abadango has shown, though how much of that was because of customs I can't say for sure. You don't think Lucas is that good? I agree on the Pits, and honestly I agree that Lucario should be a tier higher after thinking about my experiences with him.
Mewtwo too high, Palutena too low.

Can Palutena do well given her default moveset? I think Mewtwo has potential to at least do as well as characters like Greninja and G&W.

Thulius

Code:

I think pretty much the entirety of B/B+ here is super ambiguous and a lot of characters could move up/down, but I know for sure Greninja and Lucario don't belong on the same tier as Mewtwo.

Did you get to have the joy of facing Sonic?

It happens with every fighting game release. Video games are a form of entertainment for most people. They want to be entertained with minimal effort. Like a passive movie. Pre-release entertains them with funny pictures and character reveals. When the actual game drops, it is too much effort, so they move on to be passively entertained by something else. This is the status of the common man.

Another echelon wants to be challenged, and overcome challenges. These people stick around post-release, and spend most of their time honing their skills to better compete and overcome challenges. These are the people that stick around in an OT after the first month. It isn't a Smash phenomenon, it is all games, and especially all fighting games.

There are also the middle-ground people who still care about and play a fighting game long after it releases, but can't be assed to get involved in discussions about frame data and such. :p That's why I'm generally more active/present when we're talking about announcements, new content, patch updates, and actual news than the in-between times when there's nothing much going on except matchmaking and super-detailed metagame discussion. I'm always watching the thread, though!

Code:

Pretty good! I feel like you have Pac-Man, Lucas, Kirby (sadly), and Ryu too high with Lucario, Toon Link, Robin, and Palutena too low, but in general that looks pretty accurate to me. In my non-professional opinion, of course. :p

I also wonder if Roy should maybe be moved to A+. He's REALLY good and be basically makes Marth and Lucina feel superfluous all by himself.

Top Bottom