• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Goofing off on some four player smash with a friend. We're just picking random and are pretty rusty. If you feel like joining, add me: LadySiara.

ah. ggs Karst. Not bad. Gotta work on finishing
GGs. Sorry to leave early, wife finished dinner.

Working on feedback now.

Biggest thing I would say is to roll less and SH Nair more. It is basically his substitute roll. When you play him seriously, you will really feel the frustration of dying to Bowser at 70% while he sits at 140%. That fragility keeps him from competing against the top.

Nair is also a great gimping tool. I don't know why it took me so long to Fire Breath your recovery. Lots of free damage left alone in those sets.

Great use of teleport, just make sure you teleport to the ground, or there is lots of recovery, as you noticed.

When you play against a Pikachu, you will feel the pain of jump Fair OoS not hitting. It actually whiffs on most characters. I wish I played a character that gives Mewtwo trouble so I could better demonstrate.

SoldnerKei

But Link was a solid mid-tier in Melee for what it's worth, and Ness...well, at least you weren't a Kirby main during those dark years...

He was top Low, Aniki made him look good as hell thou

on release of sm4sh Link was the best Link the series ever had, now he is just like every other Link on smash lol

Thulius

Is Ryu supposed to be that good too?

On paper he definitely has the potential to be, but that potential relies on someone caring enough to learn stuff like true shoryuken OoS and putting way more time into the character than anyone has shown so far, so it's kind of a tentative spot I think.

Even a pretty basic Ryu feels strong though, and his damage output is ridiculous.

Damn! That yoshi!
Ready to play in 10 min?

On paper he definitely has the potential to be, but that potential relies on someone caring enough to learn stuff like true shoryuken OoS and putting way more time into the character than anyone has shown so far, so it's kind of a tentative spot I think.

Even a pretty basic Ryu feels strong though, and his damage output is ridiculous.
Cab you even do true Shoryuken OoS?

Won't you spot dodge or roll first?

Ready to play in 10 min?

Assuming you're doing it to punish someone, you could input true Shoryuken while in shieldstun and let it rip by jump-canceling into it. Complicated, but then Ryu is a complicated character in the world of Smash.

Whether it's possible though, I don't know. :O

Fandangox

Yeah, but a lot of his attacks have noticeable recovery time? Plus his normal have very little range, probably still to early to say.

Porsche9146

Neo Member
Roy is a little absurd. I've been maining Lucina since the Wii U launch and I've been struggling mightily against pretty much every mid-tier and above character in For Glory, but since downloading him today, I've gone undefeated for about three straight hours now. I was scared to stop, just in case I never get back to that.

Pretty much every move he has is stronger than Marth/Lucina's equivalents and leaves you vulnerable for a shorter period of time. Everything but his neutral special is viable.

I finished my ranbats, went 4-1. I've said it before but I have problems killing with Sheik. I think that's why I like Ryu, I can combo into proper SRK to get the kill.

Boney

Banned
So, who wants to play me

Roy is a little absurd. I've been maining Lucina since the Wii U launch and I've been struggling mightily against pretty much every mid-tier and above character in For Glory, but since downloading him today, I've gone undefeated for about three straight hours now. I was scared to stop, just in case I never get back to that.

Pretty much every move he has is stronger than Marth/Lucina's equivalents and leaves you vulnerable for a shorter period of time. Everything but his neutral special is viable.
Neutral b is great because it has very little recovery time.

Boney

Banned
Great, coming up in 2 minutes

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5aEUy8u.png[/IMG]

This is what I've been able to come up with so far. The order within the tiers doesn't matter, God knows I don't wanna have to deal with that. Also, this is all assuming no customs. You guys wanna completely tear apart my opinions now or what? In my opinion, everyone in B or above can potentially win tournaments. C, you could see them in top 8. D, I don't think they have a chance. :(

Samus... *sigh*

Being something between 70% and 80% wins in the last 100 games in FG while always changing opponents after 1 round has to account for something. At least I know I'm better than the majority there with my Zelda. Sadly my total % is still garbage (67%) due to my nubier days lol

Thulius

Eh, I thought he could, but trying it in training mode at 1/4 speed it doesn't actually seem possible. Even if you're enough of a god to get the motion out in the prejump frames, you need to tiger knee it to get the jump cancel. If you tiger knee with the A button then upsmash comes out, and if you use the B button you get regular shoryuken.

Oddly enough that's only the case when jump canceling it. You can shoryuken with a TK motion just fine otherwise. There was a lot of thought put into this character.

Anyone looking to play some 1v1s?

JulianImp

Being something between 70% and 80% wins in the last 100 games in FG while always changing opponents after 1 round has to account for something. At least I know I'm better than the majority there with my Zelda. Sadly my total % is still garbage (67%) due to my nubier days lol

Why would you even care about your win rate?

Top Bottom