• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Fandangox

Alright I got bored so I am not entirely confident with all the placing minus SS and S tiers. This is no customs. I am not familiar enough with Ryu to know where to place him yet. I already think he is mid tier at least

Zelda too high, Pits slightly low, I'd put DeDeDe lower, THAT ROB THO.

Is this in order? ROB is pretty good but he suffers from pretty bad matchups and susceptible to juggling due to his size. I usually have him at the end of the Ness/Fox/Mario/etc tier due to this.

Yea. I feel like he has good spacing options vs a lot of the high tiers, and particularly has very good options vs characters like Diddy, Ness, Sonic. I do think he would struggle against good Rosas and Fox

JulianImp

You need to learn what tools Pac-man has to break shields. Pressure the shield to force the roll, then punish. Mewtwo also has an awful grab, but I never complain about shields because I know how to best them.

I complained about it this once because it suddenly became a major problem for me to overcome. Like I said in my latest post, I'm not in the mood to try to best that strategy today, and I'd rather switch characters so I can still enjoy playing rather than sticking with Pac-Man and getting salty from not understanding how to beat that one strategy I still haven't found an answer to yet.

Karsticles, I'd love for you to pick up Lucario. He is pretty much a better Mewtwo. Hell now that I think about it maybe I will pick him up, lol

Boney

Banned
Ugh, stupid pills, would've loved to have payed the doc some more. Oh well, good games dude I was going so stupid with those upb oos at the end

2 things surprised me, first you always took my second jump with the up air strings with the doc after the grab. I suppose it's guaranteed. Second, I could never catch you with the up b after the up airs, weird

If anyone else wants to play for a bit in game

Lucario is not even a little bit Mewtwo.

But the neutral B

GGs Boney. Let me just be the first to say omg that was such a good connection, did you switch internet providers or something? Not even a hint of delay, it felt so good.

Second, that Samus made me work but you were letting me get Melee combos on you dude, I think we both have characters we need experience against. :p It felt like I was getting hit by way too much though, but I'm not sure why. Sometimes I'd just stand there and say "hit me with that neutral B GG" and I'm like "WHY AREN'T YOU REFLECTING YET" lol.

Had fun, thanks for the matches!
Anyone wanna play? Also, are we done with the customs fad yet around here?

From what I could tell, unless you're training for a customs tourney people stick to defaults.

Boney

Banned
Join up nabster

Uh guys, Mewtwo is a lucario clone, everyone knows all the dlc characters are clones

But the neutral B

GGs Boney. Let me just be the first to say omg that was such a good connection, did you switch internet providers or something? Not even a hint of delay, it felt so good.

Second, that Samus made me work but you were letting me get Melee combos on you dude, I think we both have characters we need experience against. :p It felt like I was getting hit by way too much though, but I'm not sure why. Sometimes I'd just stand there and say "hit me with that neutral B GG" and I'm like "WHY AREN'T YOU REFLECTING YET" lol.

Had fun, thanks for the matches!
Same internet. But sometimes I get good connection and sometimes it's a little wonky. But yeah it felt really good. Thing is with the combos, you took my second jump all the time and I'm like uhmm where's my second jump. Wasn't even air dodging or anything was weird.

Next time I'll use more characters, thought I'd let you get some samus experience though, it's gonna save your ass one day!

Yes.

But also nothing about anything they do is even remotely similar outside of neutral B so!

They move similarly, use tilts for some setups. Course, I think Ness and Wario play extremely similar and would say something like "Ness is a better Wario" too so who knows

Nabster92

Join up nabster

Uh guys, Mewtwo is a lucario clone, everyone knows all the dlc characters are clones

Same internet. But sometimes I get good connection and sometimes it's a little wonky. But yeah it felt really good. Thing is with the combos, you took my second jump all the time and I'm like uhmm where's my second jump. Wasn't even air dodging or anything was weird.

Did a FG match while waiting. Got a room up now if you still wanna play.

Ugh, stupid pills, would've loved to have payed the doc some more. Oh well, good games dude I was going so stupid with those upb oos at the end

2 things surprised me, first you always took my second jump with the up air strings with the doc after the grab. I suppose it's guaranteed. Second, I could never catch you with the up b after the up airs, weird

If anyone else wants to play for a bit in game

With uair strings, if you don't have anything fast enough to hit me with you're better off trying to dodge the second one and get out of range of a potential up-B followup, or just DI away and hope I can't chase with Doc's shit air mobility. Also, don't jump away if you're not fast enough to jump out of the first uair.

Second, I figured out early on not to DI in when you were uairing me. Also, I think the reason your up-B was beating out some of my attacks was because it had higher priority due to how much damage it deals per hit. I don't know for sure though. :/

Lastly, I stopped using Sheik immediately because I was worried you wouldn't have any fun with that. :(

Boney

Banned
Which video?

With uair strings, if you don't have anything fast enough to hit me with you're better off trying to dodge the second one and get out of range of a potential up-B followup, or just DI away and hope I can't chase with Doc's shit air mobility. Also, don't jump away if you're not fast enough to jump out of the first uair.

Second, I figured out early on not to DI in when you were uairing me. Also, I think the reason your up-B was beating out some of my attacks was because it had higher priority due to how much damage it deals per hit. I don't know for sure though. :/

Lastly, I stopped using Sheik immediately because I was worried you wouldn't have any fun with that. :(
Haha it's not like fox, falco and doc are much better match ups lol

Boney

Banned
I think my internet broke

Yep, it's broken, bummer, was having a blast.

Also I'm laughing at the samusboards that think that the rosalina match up is good. She'll juggle you for days

Nabster92

I think my internet broke

Yep, it's broken, bummer, was having a blast.

Also I'm laughing at the samusboards that think that the rosalina match up is good. She'll juggle you for days

Lame, I could use some more Samus experience. Well GGs anyways. If anyone else wants to play lemme know. I'll check between FG games.

I can't look at him and not think "furry".

1745087.jpg

GGs Thulius. I wish my Lucario was as good as yours, but I haven't put much work into him yet. Your Greninja is still really good! And it is probably safe to say you have the second best Yoshi in this thread :p I might actually be a decent Sheik if I didn't average 1 SD per match.

Thulius

GGs. I liked the Yoshi vs Luigi matches where we consistently punished eachother for hitting Nairs at low % with our own nairs until the other person decided to DI away. What a pair of well designed moves.

Alright I got bored so I am not entirely confident with all the placing minus SS and S tiers. This is no customs. I am not familiar enough with Ryu to know where to place him yet. I already think he is mid tier at least
Is there a reason you have Sonic/Diddy/Shulk high and G&W low?

Your tier list is probably the closest I've seen to my own thoughts. I'd probably move ROB behind Fox and maybe pop Falco up between the Pitts. Other than that, I think it's solid.

Top Bottom