• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Anyone feel like playing some friendly fire 2v2 with items turned on? Played this with a friend last night and laughed non stop at the shenanigans.

Nabster92

GGs nabster.

Need a break.

I'll never improve in this game...lol.

Haha GG's. Hope that didn't demotivate you or anything. You came close a few games! Might be easier to learn matchups and improve on them more if you stick to one character more often to try to figure out what you're doing wrong and what you can do to improve. Switching characters a lot doesn't really facilitate figuring out specific things you need to do since you're just trying out your new character in the matchup instead of thinking of new tactics.

How is it? Who are you using? Jealousss

Bummer, hope you can fix it soon!
Pretty great. Played about 30 matches so far. Netcode is solid.

Mostly playing Bison so I can oppress people, but I doubt I will main him on release. Maybe Necalli. If Juri is announced, I will almost certainly main her or Necalli.

Don't even have a ps4 ;-;, SFV seems very smooth.
A slight but smoother than 4. Gameplay is faster in pacing because there is no focus attack.

Boney

Banned
Really? I had set it to stock initially, though. Weird.
It probably changed back because I got ready the first time before you changed it.

Guess you're off?
No problem, take care of whatever is bothering you.
CRQ also noted they were pretty lag less yesterday wonder what's up

FluxWaveZ

It probably changed back because I got ready the first time before you changed it.

I'm really sorry, but something came up at the start of our set and I've been distracted since. Gotta stop for now.

GGs, though. Those matches lacked lag, surprisingly.

Ricky 7

Alright I got bored so I am not entirely confident with all the placing minus SS and S tiers. This is no customs. I am not familiar enough with Ryu to know where to place him yet. I already think he is mid tier at least

Best tier list I've seen so far,
mainly because Charizard isn't in poop tier =P

Any other impressions? I know you didnt like SFIV much, so any early impressions on what's different on 5?
I didn't like SFIV for the same reasons I get annoyed with my characters. Too defensive, not enough good offensive options. Fireballs suck. I actually think Smash 4 and SFIV have a lot of similar problems. :p

SFV adores aggression. No invincible back dashes, no Focus Attack, and most characters have to burn meter for a reversal. Offensive play is much more rewarding.

Got my first perfect in SFV today. Fool didn't know how to handle a Dictator. Hoping Juri is in.

Fandangox

Oh I see, I tend to prefer offensive fighting games myself, but I think a good balance is good, have you played the Guilty Gear games?

Also all your smash characters are defensive! If you prefer offensive playstyle someone like Fox, Falcon, or Mac would probably be good.

About smash 4 I feel they almost got the balance between offensive and defensive compared to other smash games, but I still feel that offensive is not greatly rewarded, a combo can be stopped by the opponent just handing out a nair, more often than not, the best option is to wait for the opponent to move and punish accordingly.
'
SFV does have me interested, one of the reasons I'd want to get a pS4, but no monaay (My pc is no good either)

Super Hang-On music has me like
kreygasm.png

Anyone wanna play for the heck of it? :3

Oh I see, I tend to prefer offensive fighting games myself, but I think a good balance is good, have you played the Guilty Gear games?

Also all your smash characters are defensive! If you prefer offensive playstyle someone like Fox, Falcon, or Mac would probably be good.

About smash 4 I feel they almost got the balance between offensive and defensive compared to other smash games, but I still feel that offensive is not greatly rewarded, a combo can be stopped by the opponent just handing out a nair, more often than not, the best option is to wait for the opponent to move and punish accordingly.
'
SFV does have me interested, one of the reasons I'd want to get a pS4, but no monaay (My pc is no good either)
I dont like playing people or heroes. I like playing creatures, monsters, demons, and villains. Sometimes a sexy sorceress like Nine/Phantom, but that is stretching it.

It is Sakurai's fault that the very limited villain list in Smash 4 is all defensive.

I play Xrd. Zato main. :) He is a great fit for my tastes. Though, Testament would probably fit better.

Dormammu from MvC3 is pretty much my ideal character, but I also love Painwheel in Skullgirls. I would probably like Juri in SFIV, but I don't want to put the time in to master her at the end of the game's lifespan.

That's why I am interested in Wolf, and why I would adore Ridley. No way would Ridley be weak in this game. If Sakurai would just improve shield damage and allow crouch canceling, Mewtwo would shoot up a whole tier.

Fandangox

I dont like playing people or heroes. I like playing creatures, monsters, demons, and villains. Sometimes a sexy sorceress like Nine/Phantom, but that is stretching it.

It is Sakurai's fault that the very limited villain list in Smash 4 is all defensive.

I play Xrd. Zato main. :) He is a great fit for my tastes. Though, Testament would probably fit better.

Dormammu from MvC3 is pretty much my ideal character, but I also love Painwheel in Skullgirls. I would probably like Juri in SFIV, but I don't want to put the time in to master her at the end of the game's lifespan.

That's why I am interested in Wolf, and why I would adore Ridley. No way would Ridley be weak in this game. If Sakurai would just improve shield damage and allow crouch canceling, Mewtwo would shoot up a whole tier.

Haha really? That's an odd criteria, I just tend to play as either characters I like, or play the characters whose playstyle I like. Its a happy coincidence that Captain Falcon has the playstyle I enjoy the most in Smash 4.

Like for example in Guilty Gear (haven't played Xrd yet since no ps3) I mained Johnny since he was my favorite character, but also played Chipp since I liked his playstyle.

I always Play Ralf, Kensou, and a rotating third character in KoF.

I'd probably main Phoenix Wright in Mahvel lol.

Also you are probably in luck since Wolf is more than likely coming.

These are some of the jankiest matches I've ever had lol.

Edit: The utilt animation even came out and yet rest hit first. ;__;

Edit 2: Er, my apologies for that last rest punish. It's a force of habit from local play. No offense was meant.

RomanceDawn

Haha really? That's an odd criteria, I just tend to play as either characters I like, or play the characters whose playstyle I like. Its a happy coincidence that Captain Falcon has the playstyle I enjoy the most in Smash 4.

I don't think it's weird but then I am almost the exact same way. I learn to love a character in fighting games because of what species they are and if they are a bad guy its bonus points. I like Blanka and Ancient Ogre, their designs just speak to me.

Unlike Karst I'm not strict on the villain aspect but I don't totally look at Donkey Kong as just a hero either because of his roots and the Mario VS DK series. DK and Bowser just have such timeless designs and I adore just looking at their attack and taunt animations. Charizard is my Ridley replacement for the time being and Mewtwo along with Bowser Jr round out my two creature bad guy secondaries.

In a perfect Smash world I would have only mained, Dk, Bowser and Ridley. My 4th main doesn't fit with these big bad guys but it would be Dixie cause she is just too cool for school.

When I really think about it, I only started playing Smash because I could be Pikachu and Yoshi.

Fandangox

I don't think it's weird but then I am almost the exact same way. I learn to love a character in fighting games because of what species they are and if they are a bad guy its bonus points. I like Blanka and Ancient Ogre, their designs just speak to me.

Unlike Karst I'm not strict on the villain aspect but I don't totally look at Donkey Kong as just a hero either because of his roots and the Mario VS DK series. DK and Bowser just have such timeless designs and I adore just looking at their attack and taunt animations. Charizard is my Ridley replacement for the time being and Mewtwo along with Bowser Jr round out my two creature bad guy secondaries.

In a perfect Smash world I would have only mained, Dk, Bowser and Ridley. My 4th main doesn't fit with these big bad guys but it would be Dixie cause she is just too cool for school.

When I really think about it, I only started playing Smash because I could be Pikachu and Yoshi.

I don't think its odd that he likes to play creatures, beasts, villains, etc, The odd criteria is that he doesn't play heroes or humans.

Top Bottom