• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

What the fuck

How do you hold conversation with them D:

Easy.

Since Mewtwo is genderless, I'd probably pick something like a cafe. I'd probably start by asking it about its hobbies and what it thought of the latest movies. (I imagine Mewtwo is a huge fan of kung fu movies, since he was surrounded by fighting Pokemon like Machoke) Though, Mewtwo is psychic right? So it can probably read thoughts, which would make conversation kind of pointless. What do you guys think? I thought maybe an arcade for some whack-a-mole or something would be good fun, but since Mewtwo has shit hitboxes it probably wouldn't be able to hit those small fuckers. Maybe a movie would be the best option after all?

Easy.

Since Mewtwo is genderless, I'd probably pick something like a cafe. I'd probably start by asking it about its hobbies and what it thought of the latest movies. (I imagine Mewtwo is a huge fan of kung fu movies, since he was surrounded by fighting Pokemon like Machoke) Though, Mewtwo is psychic right? So it can probably read thoughts, which would make conversation kind of pointless. What do you guys think? I thought maybe an arcade for some whack-a-mole or something would be good fun, but since Mewtwo has shit hitboxes it probably wouldn't be able to hit those small fuckers. Maybe a movie would be the best option after all?

Lik i cant evn handl thjs shit what do you thnk ur dning tking my muu2uu?!?!? Itz mienz and mienz alone.

Save me

Is there a reason you have Sonic/Diddy/Shulk high and G&W low?

I consider Sonic and Diddy some of the best characters in the game. In my opinion the top 5 are not even up for debate. They are above all other characters. Shulk has as wealth of options. Under the right player I think he can matchup well with near every character on the roster

G&W, I just haven't seen anything. The few I have played were decent but didn't show me anything great.

What the fuck

How do you hold conversation with them D:
I don't post in the social thread. I stick to gameplay stuff. Mostly answering questions for newbies.

Easy.

You are worse than Yoshi.

I consider Sonic and Diddy some of the best characters in the game. In my opinion the top 5 are not even up for debate. They are above all other characters. Shulk has as wealth of options. Under the right player I think he can matchup well with near every character on the roster

G&W, I just haven't seen anything. The few I have played were decent but didn't show me anything great.
What about the G&W that made top 32 at Evo? Some of his sets were streamed. Redeemed from low tier, at the very least.

Hatchtag

Banned
Ryu just comes off as super midtier for me. Like there's nothing he seems to be able to do that's like top tier broken, but he also doesn't get just demolished or anything.

Like it's so obvious why Mario in Smash was compared to him now that he's in Smash. They're both really easy to pick up and play without doing too bad or too good (though Ryu does have those weird inputs, but even with them he's pretty easy to pick up).

Ryu could be top tier material. He has invincibility on a move that KOs - big deal in Smash. His Tatsu has crazy priority. He can KO off of a jab by design, which is rare. He has great hitboxes and recovery. He has armor.

The question is just whether someone will take the time to master him.

Cronox

Banned
From some matches tonight on for glory I've decided that in the future I'm not going to play a person/matchup more than I want to. Played some matches against an Olimar and won all but one, but by the end I just wasn't in the mood to work through any more matches against him. Met a Link player who had pretty good bomb setups, won and left cause I didn't need to deal with his shit either. There's a time for learning/struggling and a time to have fun. And after I take a melatonin at 2am, it's the latter.

Reading this, I don't think you are handling the matchup right in general.

If your opponent is in the air, Usmash is almost never your best option. You save Usmash for the hard read or the bait. Nair is your best option, because it usually beats spot dodges. If you get a full hit, it is 20% tacked on. Plus you get to be mobile instead of hoping your opponent lands on you like an idiot.

In footsies with Captain Falcon, you must be aggressive after learning how he moves. Throwing out safe jabs won't win games. We are past the point where Falcon will help you by running into jabs. Instead, throw the jab out and see what he does. Does he shield? Roll back? Jump?

Whatever he does, the next time you are in the neutral, you need to counter his feint. If he runs up an shields, don't jab. Run up and grab instead.

If he rolls back, run into him as he runs in, and nail him as he roll recovers.

If he jumps, I like to run in and shield under him. Catch him with Fortress. If he jumps a second time, jump cancel your shield into Nair.

Bowser is all about reads. It is all he has. You can't win by turtling (har har) or going all out offense against smart opponents. You need to use his weight to make calculated risks.

Every player has habits. Even the best players here. The last time we did Bowser mirrors, the reason I won was because I learned that you will go aggressive through impatience if you feel cornered. So I always let you attack first, and I countered. Nothing is perfect in the land of hard reads, but it is the necessary game a Bowser main has to play.

Sonic is the same way. Let him Spindash all he wants. What does he do AFTER you block Spindash? That is where your attention needs to be. Does he spin back (Fortress)? Does he jump cancel (Nair)? Does he Homing Dash (Spot Dodge)? Everyone has stuff they like to do with their character. Bowser is bulky enough that he gets to make the necessary mistakes to learn those habits.

Yeah I do tend to be impatient. The slower matchups really tire me out.

Yeah, in retrospect I could have done more nairing. That's still a thing with me - it takes me a while to recognize all but the most obvious patterns. Probably because I'm more interested in what I'm going to do than what he will. Most of my play this month has been after 1am and popping a sleeping pill, so that's also a factor... Reading players takes concentration, and I'm actually trying not to play at 100% cause I'm going to sleep soon after. This is actually why I picked up Jigglypuff - for slightly sleepy styling on for glory dudes with a character that's easy to control and doesn't require that many reactions before I go to sleep.

Edit: oh yeah, I wonder if Ryu can buffer a shoryuken out of a spotdodge. I'd bet he can.

Crayolan

Easy.

mewtwo_fainted__by_marshmellowygoo-d847k9f.jpg

Easy.

Tipster pls

Stop

Ryu could be top tier material. He has invincibility on a move that KOs - big deal in Smash. His Tatsu has crazy priority. He can KO off of a jab by design, which is rare. He has great hitboxes and recovery. He has armor.

The question is just whether someone will take the time to master him.

No air control, grab combos, or up air KO's. MID TIER TRASH

Boney

Banned
Plus ryu's only aerial that can ko is back air and (lol) down air.
He definately has potential but not top tier potential.

Boney

Banned
GGs Boney, your Samus IS scary haha

gonna pick Link against her later, a lot of stuff throwing to each other will be fun to watch P:
Bombs are a pain in the ass because they cancel cs and go through missiles. But I don't think it's a bad match up for samus.

RomanceDawn

I can play for a bit.

Wow that was a long session. I can't usually play that long without getting fatigued.

Great games! Your characters are good but that Greninja is on another level! You did some things that really surprised me as I'm not too familiar with the match up. At least I wasn't before now.

As for the supposed last game, I started with so much momentum and then I just kind of fell off, twice...

Great games dude. If I make you a funny frog or Pokemon pun taunt would you consider using it?

Thulius

Wow that was a long session. I can't usually play that long without getting fatigued.

Great games! Your characters are good but that Greninja is on another level! You did some things that really surprised me as I'm not too familiar with the match up. At least I wasn't before now.

As for the supposed last game, I started with so much momentum and then I just kind of fell off, twice...

Great games dude. If I make you a funny frog or Pokemon pun taunt would you consider using it?

Good games! I don't have a ton of experience against any of your characters either so I was just kind of learning as I went.

In that second-to-last game, I actually caught your double jump with an uncharged shuriken on your second stock. I go for it a lot but with DK's horrible vertical recovery it's pretty much just death if you don't react instantly.

And I honestly forget taunts even have messages attached until other people use them, so I probably wouldn't make much use of it!

You and your pun taunts. -_-

Nabster92

Random For Glory is full of killers today. Man, Nintendo online games are brutal since the fanbase is so dedicated.

Haha, was just thinking the exact opposite after this last guy I played went Falcon and just started fully charging smash attacks and got JV 3 stocked.

Anyone wanna save me from FG?

Boney

Banned
Haha, was just thinking the exact opposite after this last guy I played went Falcon and just started fully charging smash attacks and got JV 3 stocked.

Anyone wanna save me from FG?
I'll play.
Oh you're playing someone. Tipster I see you're FGing so I'm available.

Edit: all by myself~

Just fought the best Marth and Shulk I've ever seen on FG. Just amazing, spaced out everything so well, walked a lot, managed to do tricky air stalling, amazing use of his jumps and never over committed. Read me like a book all the time. Seriously talented player

I'll play.

Just fought the best Marth and Shulk I've ever seen on FG. Just amazing, spaced out everything so well, walked a lot, managed to do tricky air stalling, amazing use of his jumps and never over committed. Read me like a book all the time. Seriously talented player

I was just getting a few in until lunch was ready :p

I'll probably be on later though! I gotta find FSLink too.

Nabster92

I'll play.

Edit: all by myself~

Sorry had a match on Anther's Ladder. Only 74 more points to go until I hit Master rank! And only 25 until top 10.

Gonna go grab something to eat real quick and I can play after if you're still around.

Top Bottom