• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Doc's recovery

GGs Crayolan, your Jigglypuff was pretty good! I was surprised you delayed to punish my shield break for so long, but then the bolded statement above led to my loss. ;__;

Now excuse me while I go cry while holding onto my Melee disc where at least Doc's cape did something in the air and his tornado's height didn't get nerfed.

Crayolan

GGs CRQ. The Fox/Toon Link matchup wasn't all that great for me either. The rest of the matches were fun, though I don't feel like I got much time with your Doc (your main?)

I hesitated with the shield break because 90% of the time I do them purposely, that one was on accident so I wasn't expecting it. You were also below rest percent and I wasn't sure if a fsmash would kill at that percent so I tried to nudge you to the ledge to increase my chances. Unfortunately I got too close when I did the attack. :(

Boney

Banned
Oh right do you want 3 stocks nabster?

I feel like Rosalina would be a great character even without Luma. Those lingering hitboxes should be illegal

While we're discussing main criteria, my criteria is that the character should feel good to play for me and not be complete garbage. I don't give a shit who it is, as long as they're good for me I'll play them.

Of course this has lead to me maining mostly female characters in near every fighting game I play, to the amusement of my friends. >.>;;;

Oh, and I consider Doc to be a second main alongside Fox, though I've been putting a lot more time into him considering everyone keeps saying he's shit. He isn't, he's mid-tier and deserves way more credit despite his Little Mac-tier recovery.

I just don't understand why they took away Super Sheet's stalling. Why. That did literally nothing but hurt Doc, who didn't need hurting in the first place because he was always just plain average. :/

I think I might go back to using Mario if Doc gets an inexplicable nerf in the next patch.

I don't think its odd that he likes to play creatures, beasts, villains, etc, The odd criteria is that he doesn't play heroes or humans.
I am such a misanthrope. I just can't be happy about humans doing well.

I like villains because they are active beings. Heroes are reactive. They can't even exist without villains.

Oh right do you want 3 stocks nabster?

I feel like Rosalina would be a great character even without Luma. Those lingering hitboxes should be illegal

You guys still going? Interested in a 2v2? :D

Super edit:
My "main selection criteria" is kind of fluid. Both "do I like this character" and "do I like how this character feels" play a role, but for me "do I like this character" can 100% trump the later.

In Smash 64, I mained Link because he was my favorite out of the line up (though I played a bunch of pretty much everyone).
When Melee came out, I didn't like the changes in how Link felt, and absolutely loved how Marth played, so I switched to him. (though I played a bunch of pretty much everyone and eventually far far later liked the changes they made to Link)
In Brawl, I decided I was gonna main Zelda before it came out. Fortunate since I didn't like the changes to Marth. Zelda was pretty awful in the game though, but I stuck with it.
And then now, Smash 4. As soon as Mega Man was announced, there was no choice. I'd have mained him in 64 if he was available. I couldn't get a great handle on how he played in the demos at Best Buy, and when the 3DS game came out, it was tough making the adjustment from my usually hyper aggressive, rush-down inclinations. But now, I love how Mega Man feels in the game, and he's really the only character who feels "REALLY GREAT" moving around to me. He has his short comings aplenty, but as far as movement and character feel, Mega's far and away my favorite.

Karst, I feel like you'd struggle to find a main in Touhou fighters personality-wise because everyone's motives usually boil down to "i'm gonna fuck shit up because I have nothing else better to do today" or "Someone's fucking shit up and the only reason I'm gonna do something about it is because it's bothering me in particular." Usually the shit that gets fucked up comes from a trivial misunderstanding that only gets sorted out after violence because nobody ever bothers to ask questions first because violence solves everything anyways.

And then everyone becomes friends anyway and have a tea party together because nobody really cares in the long run. Really, it feels like Touhou characters are self-centered in either a good or bad way, or serve someone who fits those qualifications.

Hey did somebody say 2v2--aw fuck it, I'm too bothered by Doc's recovery so I'll just let someone else get demolished.

Edit: Didn't even matter because Namikaze used his Flying Raijin Technique to post before me. >.>

Boney

Banned
Haha our games have been generally pretty close! I'm down if people wanna join up.
They are, until I get clobbered by freaking dairs. Get murdered by up airs or get hit by up smashes

I did miss 2 screw attacks oos that might've killed ya.

And stupid sd's...

Fandangox

I am such a misanthrope. I just can't be happy about humans doing well.

I like villains because they are active beings. Heroes are reactive. They can't even exist without villains.

I mean I guess that's true, but for me whether a character is a hero or a villain means little, as long as I like the actual character.

Boney

Banned
I thought I lost all the Lucario and Mewtwo battles. I was thinking of the Link ones. Did I beat you in Yoshi vs. Ness? I thought I had the lead a few times, but you came back to take the win.

Edit: That is how you gimp Yoshi. Twice.
Rosalina doesn't count

Didn't see the luma either, thought it was a luma warp?

Fandangox

Does anyone know why is Toon Link the only character that decides to skip pass the ledge on his up B and get his dumbass punished upon landing.

Boney

Banned
Does anyone know why is Toon Link the only character that decides to skip pass the ledge on his up B and get his dumbass punished upon landing.
Many characters don't grab the ledge if doing the up b backwards, that's probably it
Backwards like not facing the ledge. You can be reverse by doing the up b diagonal.

Karst, I feel like you'd struggle to find a main in Touhou fighters personality-wise because everyone's motives usually boil down to "i'm gonna fuck shit up because I have nothing else better to do today" or "Someone's fucking shit up and the only reason I'm gonna do something about it is because it's bothering me in particular." Usually the shit that gets fucked up comes from a trivial misunderstanding that only gets sorted out after violence because nobody ever bothers to ask questions first because violence solves everything anyways.

And then everyone becomes friends anyway and have a tea party together because nobody really cares in the long run. Really, it feels like Touhou characters are self-centered in either a good or bad way, or serve someone who fits those qualifications.

Hey did somebody say 2v2--aw fuck it, I'm too bothered by Doc's recovery so I'll just let someone else get demolished.

Edit: Didn't even matter because Namikaze used his Flying Raijin Technique to post before me. >.>
Why even bring up Touhou? Lol

I mean I guess that's true, but for me whether a character is a hero or a villain means little, as long as I like the actual character.
I only like villains. :p

Always rooted for them as a child. Enslaving the human race? Goddamn, Optimus Prime. Get out of Megatron's way! I wanted Shredder to kill the turtles. Etc.

Shout outs to Unico.

I thought I lost all the Lucario and Mewtwo battles. I was thinking of the Link ones. Did I beat you in Yoshi vs. Ness? I thought I had the lead a few times, but you came back to take the win.

Edit: That is how you gimp Yoshi. Twice.
You lost to Mewtwo as Yoshi? You slippin'.

Boney

Banned
I essentially jumped off the stage right from spawning on my last stock :(

I was yelled at before for doing it.

I also didn't think I deserved to take it that time because I did nothing with my third stock.
Don't let old man karst shy you away from it.

And omg that ending bwahahah

TWILT

Banned
Little late, but usually for main criteria, I just pick characters I really like and if I find them really fun to play as, I stick with them. I'm really happy that Shulk got in (I loved Xenoblade and always thought Shulk would make a really awesome addition into Smash Bros.) I don't think I would continue playing Smash 4 competitively that much if he weren't in (well, I'd probably put some more effort into Link or Robin, but I dunno) and it helps that he's a really versatile sword character. Pikachu is one of my favorite Pokemon (and I'm not a genwunner or anything; I legit find the little guy adorable) and rushdown is my preferred playstyle, so that's why he's my secondary/sub. They don't necessarily have to be a crazy rushdown character either so long as I like character (that's why I also use Link and Robin on the side.)

That's part of why I also adore Dante in Mahvel when it comes to versatile characters (and I love the DMC series). Someone like Yu in Persona is more linear/basic than either of them, but I still find him fun to play as regardless and I always have the temptation to try and style in that game. Yukiko I would love to get better at, but I wish she wasn't low tier lol. I wish I could find someone I like in Xrd; I just dabble around with Ky sometimes lol. If only they would add Dizzy already...

Little late, but usually for main criteria, I just pick characters I really like and if I find them really fun to play as, I stick with them. I'm really happy that Shulk got in (I loved Xenoblade and always thought Shulk would make a really awesome addition into Smash Bros.) I don't think I would continue playing Smash 4 competitively that much if he weren't in (well, I'd probably put some more effort into Link or Robin, but I dunno) and it helps that he's a really versatile sword character. Pikachu is one of my favorite Pokemon (and I'm not a genwunner or anything; I legit find the little guy adorable) and rushdown is my preferred playstyle, so that's why he's my secondary/sub. They don't necessarily have to be a crazy rushdown character either so long as I like character (that's why I also use Link and Robin on the side.)

That's part of why I also adore Dante in Mahvel when it comes to versatile characters (and I love the DMC series). Someone like Yu in Persona is more linear/basic than either of them, but I still find him fun to play as regardless and I always have the temptation to try and style in that game. Yukiko I would love to get better at, but I wish she wasn't low tier lol. I wish I could find someone I like in Xrd; I just dabble around with Ky sometimes lol. If only they would add Dizzy already...
Come take a seat and play Shamrock's Mewtwo with Pikachu. Use Quick Attack a lot.

Top Bottom