• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Banzai

1.1. Procedure

1. Char Picks (Blind)
2. Stage Strike (1-2-1)
3. Fight
4. Winner bans 2 stages
5. Loser picks Counterpick
6. Winner chooses Char
7. Loser chooses Char
8. Fight
9. Repeat Step 4

Definition Starters: Stages for all Matches
Definition Counterpick: Stages afters the first Match
1.1.1. Starters

- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Final Destination
- Town & City
- Lylat Cruise
1.1.2. Counterpick

- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Duck Hunt
- Halberd

My first tournament, need some stuf explained.
Who picks the stage in the first round? What does 1-2-1 mean for stage strike? Then in the second, may I only pick from the counterpick stage pool or are the startes available, too?
I never played anything but For Glory so I don't even know how to ban stages lol

Who picks the stage in the first round? What does 1-2-1 mean for stage strike? Then in the second, may I only pick from the counterpick stage pool or are the startes available, too?
I never played anything but For Glory so I don't even know how to ban stages lol

1-2-1 striking is one player strikes one stage, the other strikes two stages, and the first player strikes one more stage, and the remaining stage is what you play on. I don't exactly know how it is decided who strikes first in real life, but I guess a coin toss or rock paper scissors might be used.

After the first game, the winner bans 2 stages out of the starters and counterpicks. The loser then chooses a stage out of the remaining stages, so any starter or counterpick that hasn't been banned.

Banning stages is just saying it is banned. It means the stage cannot be chosen for that round.

When people stream/capture with the Elgato60, do they use the default software it comes with? Seems kind of crappy and unreliable to me.

Banning a stage just means you both understand it won't be chosen.

For the ban order, most people gentlemen it (you both agree on one of you to strike first - I always like to strike first).

Beats

When people stream/capture with the Elgato60, do they use the default software it comes with? Seems kind of crappy and unreliable to me.

I think most people either use OBS(Open Broadcaster software) or Xsplit. OBS is free also and from my own experience with it I'd say it works pretty well.

Kangi

Nothing like trying to go back and complete the challenges to remind you how dreadful some of the single-player stuff is.

Smash Tour especially. Trying to make it through with 10 fighters is mind-numbing between the "double Latios and Latias trophies turning matches into 3v1s against you" and the "you get double Wolfen'd and Poison Mushroom'd" matches and the "you get hit with a POW block item on the last round" moments... Then there's the broader issue of why on earth an entire game mode where you literally collect stocks is ended with a time battle.

Banzai

okay my first tournament pretty much went as expected. Lost 2:0 twice lol.
My Villager just gets destroyed by dr mario. Almost took back that second set with Zero Suit Samus though. Well, kinda.

Nabster92

There's typically also usually another implicit rule sometimes referred to as Dave's Stupid Rule where you can't counter pick a stage you already won on. So if you won game 1 on smashville and then lost game 2 and they banned halberd and delfino. You can't counterpick those stages OR smashville either unless the other person allows it.

Robiin

These character switches ain't doing it for me. I'm just gonna go ahead abd play the characters I know. Maybe I can actually take a game..

Edit: Hahahaha Kirby Falcon punch actually took a game. I laughed out loud.

I think most people either use OBS(Open Broadcaster software) or Xsplit. OBS is free also and from my own experience with it I'd say it works pretty well.
Thanks man.

What's the difference between XSplit Broadcaster and XSplit Gamecaster? They have confusingly similar descriptions.

Soul Lab

So I had a tourney today with about 60 participants. Ended up at 9th place with some others. Feels good
played against Zudenka in the winners bracket. Got destroyed by his yoshi. A friend told me Zudenka was without a doubt the best brawl player in Switzerland. His name is known even outside the country.
and yes he won the tourney, unbeaten

Zero met him online on the 3ds during a stream. Even Zero recognized the name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTy30AKL3gg

So I had a tourney today with about 60 participants. Ended up at 9th place with some others. Feels good
played against Zudenka in the winners bracket. Got destroyed by his yoshi. A friend told me Zudenka was without a doubt the best brawl player in Switzerland. His name is known even outside the country.

Zero met him online on the 3ds during a stream. Even Zero recognized the name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTy30AKL3gg
How can Yoshi be the best, though? Nami told me he's overrated.

Beats

Thanks man.

What's the difference between XSplit Broadcaster and XSplit Gamecaster? They have confusingly similar descriptions.

Gamecaster is just a simplified version of Broadcaster with less customization options. You get both if you get a XSplit license or if you try the free version. I haven't looked too deeply into Xsplit, so I don't know much beyond that.

Fandangox

So since repairing the gamepad is going to be about 99-120 the Nintendo rep recommended to try to use a dried brush to see if I could clean up the left joystick. Seems like it recognizes down inpunts even less than before lol. Oh well the adapter should be here by wednesday.

Robiin

A Peach on For Glory just pulled a bob-omb on me. As a gentleman I positioned myself in the middle of the stage, said "Show me your moves", and allowed him to set up something cool. He ended up thinking for so long it blew up in his hands and I took the game.

Banzai

Anyone watching DKWill? Legitimately awesome DK rocking the european esl tournament right now. He came back from losing his second round and is now in the finals. Grand Final final set going:
http://www.twitch.tv/dkwill

edit: well damn, he was doing really well and he let himself get psyched out by some spam through donations. ah, well. he was wrecking everyone with freaking donkey kong.

Boney

Banned
Anyone watching DKWill? Legitimately awesome DK rocking the european esl tournament right now. He came back from losing his second round and is now in the finals. Grand Final final set going:
http://www.twitch.tv/dkwill

edit: well damn, he was doing really well and he let himself get psyched out by some spam through donations. ah, well. he was wrecking everyone with freaking donkey kong.
Massive trolling going on at the end
Poor guy

Q4rEy0X.png

All is right in the Smash World again, bwahaha

Top Bottom