• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Fandangox

Really? Oh wow, we must've had some spotty connection earlier then

Are Dreamland blast zones smaller than battlefield?

They probably are smaller vertically. And yeah, every previous time we tried to play we stopped after first match because it was really bad.

Boney

Banned
They probably are smaller vertically. And yeah, every previous time we tried to play we stopped after first match because it was really bad.
Yeah, was crazy how I ko'd you at very low % with the screw attack there, but on battlefield didn't get it at 100%.
I got the Ethernet adaptor but that was like in April, so dunno. It's a little spotty but it's playable I guess
Lots of people have commented on my connection being better these past days

Fandangox

Yeah, was crazy how I ko'd you at very low % with the screw attack there, but on battlefield didn't get it at 100%.
I got the Ethernet adaptor but that was like in April, so dunno. It's a little spotty but it's playable I guess
Lots of people have commented on my connection being better these past days

Yeah 67% at Dreamland and 110% Survived at Btatlefield, don't remember what rage percent you had in either though.

Fandangox

GG's cannot wait till the adapter arrives, 17 Falcon Punches and all of those were meant to be Falcon Kicks. That one Shulk Match where he Nair'd instead of Dair and fell off was annoying too.

I just hope I can use the CG controller can work with the gamepad as a screen, aside from 3ds as controls not even allowing online options, you cannot even use the gamepad screen to look at it.

Boney

Banned
GG's cannot wait till the adapter arrives, 17 Falcon Punches and all of those were meant to be Falcon Kicks. That one Shulk Match where he Nair'd instead of Dair and fell off was annoying too.

I just hope I can use the CG controller can work with the gamepad as a screen, aside from 3ds as controls not even allowing online options, you cannot even use the gamepad screen to look at it.
Huh? Pretty sure you can use the gamepad as a screen and the gc Controller to play. At least you can with the pro controller. But yeah I noticed a lot of the missed inputs

Indeed it is. :)

xZkXo9K.png

You really should stop living in the past nabster

hdBVtUw.png

edit: I see you are back to work, haha

Fandangox

Huh? Pretty sure you can use the gamepad as a screen and the gc Controller to play. At least you can with the pro controller. But yeah I noticed a lot of the missed inputs

I didn't have doubts until I downloaded the 3ds wii u controller app (99 cents wasted..) I already knew it wouldn't work for online modes, but it didn't let me use the gamepad as a screen. Good to know the GC will at least.

Sorry man I had just found an opponent a few minutes before you responded.

No problem dude, we can play some other time if you want.

You really should stop living in the past nabster

hdBVtUw.png

edit: I see you are back to work, haha

Just kiss already.

Those were some days. :p The stuff that I used to get back then on AiB when I beat people were terrible. Were you pretty high on the ladder there?

I used to get top 30 consistently. Think I got top 20 once or twice. This was back in the day of terrible Brawl netcode too and Ness was nowhere near as good as he is now. The good thing was I had a really really good Metaknight strategy

Boney

Banned
Don't worry I am using Mewtwo, lol
Haha I was just kidding around, there's a slight delay though, bummer

Also, I'm getting super shocked at how good screw attack is at interrupting multi hit moves oos

Remember confusion is a command grab, that would've gotten me out of the tree faster
Bah forgot about the sd

Ha amazing finale, looked away at the phone 1 second and then bam pk freeze yo pk thunder, amazing

Yea what I've learned is if you hit the PK2 while the person is frozen, the ice will follow the pk2 trail and usually unfreeze just as the last knockback hit comes out. I've done it a few times now

The worst thing is seeing those beams coming a million miles away...

edit: alright this delay is getting to me way too much. GGs Boney
Even without delay, Charge Shot is really hard to reflect on 12 frames of delay. Also, if you haven't discovered it, Confusion is a great attack against opponents on platforms.

Even without delay, Charge Shot is really hard to reflect on 12 frames of delay. Also, if you haven't discovered it, Confusion is a great attack against opponents on platforms.

Hell I'd be happy to just shield it! It's funny, Brawl lag used to be so terrible that everyone online used to be able to anticipate these things and hit the buttons for moves like a half second early, lol. Smash4 online has spoiled us. The netcode is really good in comparison

edit: I rarely use confusion right now. I don't think I am confident enough in everything else, and so I kind of just forget about it.

Hell I'd be happy to just shield it! It's funny, Brawl lag used to be so terrible that everyone online used to be able to anticipate these things and hit the buttons for moves like a half second early, lol. Smash4 online has spoiled us. The netcode is really good in comparison

edit: I rarely use confusion right now. I don't think I am confident enough in everything else, and so I kind of just forget about it.
Ah. Well, at the very least, try to use it against shielding opponents on platforms.

Boney

Banned
Nah, more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlUgilKqms

With your Samus beam being Austin Powers and me being the cop having hit the shield button already, lol.

But that's long distance. I gotta learn to adapt.
Hahaha, yeah maybe, but you said that just as you got ko'd by rolling backwards into the charge shot. Plus I shoot it a lot to coincide with the running animation so you can't block.

Ah. Well, at the very least, try to use it against shielding opponents on platforms.
Yep, you should definately start with this. I got away with many screw attacks that were completely obvious fishing

Oidisco

Hey I'm confused by something and i was hoping that maybe one of you can explain it to me.

I was Zelda fighting a Link player on Pyrosphere, I was at around 100% and the Link was at 46% on his last stock. I down-smash them near the edge, they slide off and immediately fall to their death at a ridiculously fast speed, way faster than Link can fastfall. The speed was roughly the same he would fall if I'd hit him with a sweetspot dair, but obviously I didn't do that, so I'm super confused and need one of ye to tell me what happened!

Hatchtag

Banned
The amount of effort? They would take just as much effort as any other character.

They mostly ported Brawl animations for many characters. Why wouldn't they do the same for Squirtle and Ivysaur? I compared them to Wolf and Snake because they would require about the same level of effort. They would require less effort than a new character and less effort than Ice Climbers for technical reasons.

How about that one character from that platinum game, what was his name? Thunder Jet? Boulder Jeff? Holden? Blunder?

Bomba Blue I believe.

They mostly ported Brawl animations for many characters. Why wouldn't they do the same for Squirtle and Ivysaur? I compared them to Wolf and Snake because they would require about the same level of effort. They would require less effort than a new character and less effort than Ice Climbers for technical reasons,

I could have sworn Sakurai said they re-did all the animations from the ground up

Top Bottom