• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

Man, Screw Attack is downright retarded on characters with fast aerials...

Kind of sad that the only moving stages we've got are Orbital Assault and Pac-Land. Rainbow Ride used to be fun, and the Ice Climbers' level in Brawl was okay-ish except for the fish and the stalactites.

Then there's Great Cave Offensive... who ever thought that a maze would make for fun games? It might work for 8-player smashes, but anything less than that and players will often spend half the match getting to or running away from each other.

Suzaku is really weird, since one side's a walk-off, and the other has two very crappy platforms that might not be there at all. At least give us Saffron City.

I'm looking forward to N64 Hyrule Castle, but N64 Peach's Castle looks like it will be a pain thanks to the tech mechanics.

Boney

Banned
Oh man, that Toon Link that fought mr R was insane. Definately give it a watch guys (this one has English commentators). Almost own and really, who knew Toon Link had it in him, congrats on Mexico for showing up with such underrepresented characters and beating Mr R, número 2 at EVO

Sharing Ryo being amazing with Ike. Seriously Ike is so good now
http://youtu.be/wuX581MGetY
http://youtu.be/kSDX4roXwHI

And murdering a Yoshi in loser's finals since we love dead yoshi's
http://youtu.be/M-uk5qYZpGY

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone is interested in trading any working 3DS code for my SSB4 (Wii U) Mewtwo DLC code, please PM me. Preferably, I would like to trade for any other SSB4 (3DS) DLC characters.

Fandangox

Slightly unrelated to that, but now that I have seen it, I wonder what Smashgaf would be like if it were like the WWE.
The Sonic and Yoshi mains would be the heels

Since I am bored...a basic Ridley moveset, all taken directly from various Metroid games. The general idea would be that Ridley gains very strong offensive options while in Flight Mode, but using Flight Mode means he risks gimping himself due to burning his fuel gauge. Good Ridley players will need to balance risk and reward to determine how offensive they want to be. His tail-based attacks have significant range:

Reference Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJW1KcaD80k

Final Smash: Ridley fires an aimable stream of fire from his mouth while in Flight Mode; uses no fuel.

Double Jump - Ridley does not have a multijump; a simple double jump, but it has quite a bit of range to make up for his up B possibly being expended.

Wall Cling, slow ground movement, fast 360 degree aerial movement when in Flight Mode, but mediocre horizontal aerial movement when not.

Up B: Flight Mode - Ridley hovers about freely for a limited period of time. Works on a fuel system like Rob and Villager. Ridley does not lose Flight when attacking. Pressing the button again cancels Flight Mode. Flight Mode changes Ridley's aerial normals.

Side B: Claw Grip - a command grab that hits next to Ridley on the ground, and down-side from Ridley when he is airborne. Ridley dashes forward slightly when using this attack. Ridley crunches the opponent in his claws and then tosses the opponent aside; high damage, low knockback.

Neutral B: Homing Strike - Ridley's tail homes in and strikes directly at the opposing character. Hold to charge for additional damage, hitstun, and shield damage. Deals low knockback; slow startup, quick recovery. Extended range on the ground.

Down B: Fireball Stream - press a direction after hitting Neutral B to choose a direction/angle. Gains minimal homing capacity when used in the air. Charging the button releases a larger explosive blast (good for edge guarding). Medium startup and recovery, weak damage when uncharged, medium damage when charged, but high knockback when charged.

Uair: Flight: Ridley does a 360 degree swiping motion with his body. High knockback, medium startup, medium recovery. Non-Flight: Ridley lets a stream of fire come out of his mouth. Low knockback, low startup, low recovery.

Dair: Flight: Ridley strikes down with his tail. Quick, low recovery, low knockback. Non-Flight: Ridley strikes straight down with his tail, bringing his body down with him; bounces off the floor to retain aerial ability. Quick, low recovery, low knockback.

Nair: Flight: Ridley stomps to the ground, leaving a bloom of smoke and ending Flight Mode. Low knockback, high startup, low recovery. Non-Flight: Ridley whips his tail in a circle around himself. Medium knockback, medium startup, low recovery.

Fair: Flight: Ridley streaks across the ground with his claws while flying. High knockback, low startup, low recovery. Non-Flight: Ridley swipes in front of him with his claw. Low knockback, low startup, low recovery.

Bair: Flight: Ridley jabs behind him with his tail three times. Non-Flight: Ridley jabs straight behind him with his tail. Medium knockback, low startup, high recovery.

Jab: A basic claw slash; hits only one with no Jab2 follow-up. Causes a knockdown for tech chase follow-up.

Ftilt: Ridley swipes forward with his tail. Angle-able. Quick, good knockback, low recovery.

Dtilt: Ridley slides his tail along the ground. Slow, causes tripping.

Utilt: Ridley releases a stream of fire from his mouth. Low knockback, low startup, low recovery.

USmash: Ridley flies up into an aerial whirl; can be canceled into Flight Mode once recovery frames have begun. Medium startup and recovery, medium knockback.

DSmash: Ridley scrapes the ground around him with his claws. Low startup and recovery, medium knockback.

FSmash: Ridley charges across the screen in a whirl. High startup and recovery, high knockback.

Dash Attack: Ridley charges forward, spinning with his claw and tail around him.

Grab: Ridley snatches the opponent in his claw. Grab hit: a finger from his other hand is used to prod the opponent.

Uthrow: Ridley flies up and smashes the opponent into the ground.

Dthrow: Ridley pins the opponent and breathes fire on him/her; techable knockdown.

Fthrow: Ridley glides forward while dragging the opponent along the ground before throwing the opponent forward.

Bthrow: Ridley impales the opponent with his tail and flings him/her backward.

Also, I watched the Other M Ridley scene as research for this. Holy fuck that is atrocious. No wonder people were outraged. I thought about timestamping each of the above moves from the video, but I doubt anyone will read this anyway, haha. If anyone skims, at least it will be clear that Ridley would play very differently from any other character if Sakurai did him justice.

Fandangox

The different modes sound interesting, but would Ridley just hover above the ground or would he be able to move freely like some characters final smashes? (Sonic, Yoshi, for example)

The different modes sound interesting, but would Ridley just hover above the ground or would he be able to move freely like some characters final smashes? (Sonic, Yoshi, for example)
Final Smash would use Flight Mode, which is basically the same thing Sonic, Yoshi, and Charizard have in their final smashes.

Since we are posting moves for potential characters, I thought a cool edition would be Giygas from Earthbound.

BossGiygas.png

Up special : You Cannot Grasp The True Form of Giygas' attack

Down special: You Cannot Grasp The True Form of Giygas' attack

Neutral special: You Cannot Grasp The True Form of Giygas' attack

Side special: You Cannot Grasp The True Form of Giygas' attack

I will do his smash attacks later

Masked Man

I said wow
Speaking of Rhythm Heaven, I want Karate Joe assist trophy and bring in something like the DJ's or Dog Ninja or even the rhythm monkeys, fuck the Glee Club (chorus kids as you all call them.) Their minigame was ass and I hated having to perfect both it and the sequel version.

Rude. :')

I absolutely adore the Rhythm Monkeys, though, and I would be happy to see them in Smash! I also really liked the idea of a Rhythm Troupe representative of the series as a whole.
(Fair or Ftilt needs to be the Lockstep pose!)

I'm sitting here watching One Piece videos I've seen already at like 12:30am on a night I have to work tomorrow. I don't mean it.

What I do mean is if those foul Monkey Watch pieces of shit ever make it into Smash, it's over though. You got your wretched music, that should be enough.

Tap dancers would be cool though.

I'm sitting here watching One Piece videos I've seen already at like 12:30am on a night I have to work tomorrow. I don't mean it.

What I do mean is if those foul Monkey Watch pieces of shit ever make it into Smash, it's over though. You got your wretched music, that should be enough.

One Piece videos you say? One of the worst shows to rewatch. I am like 30 episodes behind, but that is only like 10 episodes of real content!

After so many anime shows going downhill because the author doesn't know how to write a conclusion, I've made it a rule that I only watch anime that's finished. The only exception is Attack on Titan, since I promised a student of mine I'd watch it over the summer.

After so many anime shows going downhill because the author doesn't know how to write a conclusion, I've made it a rule that I only watch anime that's finished. The only exception is Attack on Titan, since I promised a student of mine I'd watch it over the summer.

Have you watched either Fullmetal Alchemist series? If not I recommend them.

One Piece is awful to catch up on, but at least it's semi-enjoyable to fast-forward through and you don't have to skip whole episodes like Naruto where they reuse the same flashbacks over and over lol.

I got really tired of that shit when I watched the same stupid flashback several episodes in a row, at one point playing multiple times in the same episode. I can't wait for them to end it so I can finally be free.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is a video game.

Masked Man

I said wow

I don't get all the Monkey Watch hate. It isn't even one of the harder songs! Plus, those chimps are way too cute not to love. :(

Seconded! My little brother is my favorite person in the whole world, so FMA really resonated with me. <3

Also, Evangelion forever!

A lot of anime is made to sell the manga it is an adaptation of. There are so many good series that don't get fully animated just because they need to sell the manga. A lot of them are still worth watching though, such as The Seven Deadly Sin (Nanatsu no Taizai).

One Piece is awful to catch up on, but at least it's semi-enjoyable to fast-forward through and you don't have to skip whole episodes like Naruto where they reuse the same flashbacks over and over lol.

I got really tired of that shit when I watched the same stupid flashback several episodes in a row, at one point playing multiple times in the same episode. I can't wait for them to end it so I can finally be free.

If he hasn't watched FMA, he might as well only watch Brotherhood. But yeah, it is worth a watch. But Hunter X Hunter is worth a watch even more!

When I started watching One Piece a few years ago, I was blitzing through it. I didn't even notice the pace starting to slow. When I finally caught up (
the timeskip had just happened
) it was really noticeable watching week to week. The Fishman Island arc was so hard to watch, and it hasn't gotten better since. At least manga is good, despite only releasing three chapters a month.

Naruto flashbacks are so stupid. I want to rewatch the entire series someday, but the flashbacks are going to be such a pain because if I don't skip them, I will be seeing young Kakashi and his team a million times. They seem to be dragging out the episodes even more now that the manga has ended. Hopefully Naruto Kai is released some day.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is indeed a video game. It is the topic of this thread, and this post is definitely on-topic for mentioned it. >.<

Mewtwo is low tier.

FMA is on my list. Brotherhood only, though.

I don't get all the Monkey Watch hate. It isn't even one of the harder songs! Plus, those chimps are way too cute not to love. :(

Seconded! My little brother is my favorite person in the whole world, so FMA really resonated with me. <3

Also, Evangelion forever!
<3 Evangelion.

A lot of anime is made to sell the manga it is an adaptation of. There are so many good series that don't get fully animated just because they need to sell the manga. A lot of them are still worth watching though, such as The Seven Deadly Sin (Nanatsu no Taizai).

If he hasn't watched FMA, he might as well only watch Brotherhood. But yeah, it is worth a watch. But Hunter X Hunter is worth a watch even more!

When I started watching One Piece a few years ago, I was blitzing through it. I didn't even notice the pace starting to slow. When I finally caught up (
the timeskip had just happened
) it was really noticeable watching week to week. The Fishman Island arc was so hard to watch, and it hasn't gotten better since. At least manga is good, despite only releasing three chapters a month.

Naruto flashbacks are so stupid. I want to rewatch the entire series someday, but the flashbacks are going to be such a pain because if I don't skip them, I will be seeing young Kakashi and his team a million times. They seem to be dragging out the episodes even more now that the manga has ended. Hopefully Naruto Kai is released some day.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is indeed a video game. It is the topic of this thread, and this post is definitely on-topic for mentioned it. >.<

I could never rewatch all of Naruto. I just don't have time. I am somewhere in Shippuden...like, in the first season.

Isn't HxH ongoing?

I could never rewatch all of Naruto. I just don't have time. I am somewhere in Shippuden...like, in the first season.

Isn't HxH ongoing?

There are parts that are good in Shippuden. It gets worse once you're about halfway through.

The HxH anime is over. It had a really good ending. There was one thing added in the end that leaves a small cliffhanger, but there is an ending that works if the author never makes another chapter and the anime never starts up again. The manga is technically ongoing, and the new arc that the author has made like 6 chapters of is really interesting, but the previous arc (which the anime ends at) works as an ending. I think it fits your requirements. My favourite anime ever, despite my avatar and username implying otherwise.

YOSHI.

Karst, you should also watch some Squid Girl/Ika Musume.

It's adorable to watch and I don't really care for slice of life shit but I just needed to watch more Squidventures.

Holy shit that reminds me, you absolutely need to get on the Jojotrain, JJBA has the first 3 parts animated and if you have any taste at all you won't regret it.

You guys remember the time I went to sleep at a proper time because Smash Bros. is a Nintendo franchise.

*insert Smash Bros. Related info to stay on topic*

Lol.

So....im considering trying out for First Attack in september. Depending on how money flows for me, I think I can make it.

Top Bottom