• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

For sure no damage buffs on Zelda. Everything hits the same. Didn't test the recovery stuff but I doubt those changed.

edit:

People say phantom's wind/pushbox got buffed.

Teknoman

So then i'm assume the GAF tournament will work like MK8? Several created rooms with passwords and different gameplay types? No items, all items normal rate, certain items, crazy rate items?

Who is gonna take initiative.

I made a Tourney if we want to test it out. The ID is 26525738008708. Apparently you can also join by selecting a friend that is participating in the tournament, so you can just select me. The password is "Smash".

I made a Tourney if we want to test it out. The ID is 26525738008708. Apparently you can also join by selecting a friend that is participating in the tournament, so you can just select me. The password is "Smash".

Sweet, got in. Lost in the first round on my first random online tourney lol

Revven

Hey, did I miss the option to make it 1v1? Right now it is FFA...

I thought I had items off, what the hell..

This is the issue, I don't see anything for 1v1 only in the options... I was pretty sure they showed it back in the Smash Direct in November as an option so where did it go?

I will set it up. Just give us all time to talk about the ruleset.

You can set it to match ranbat rules, and either let players choose the stage or restrict it to random with stage selection being decided from the legal stagelist.

Mii Fighters and Custom fighters can be individually toggled, which is a good thing.

Weird, my game is repatching again...

Well, time to see if things changed. Maybe my game is being stupid and didn't actually patch the first time.

ROFL.

If you turn off Sudden Death, then the winner is the "more active player". What the fuck Sakurai.

Also, there are normal tournament bracket options. Hit the "Regular" button.

ROFL.

If you turn off Sudden Death, then the winner is the "move active player". What the fuck Sakurai.

Those regular bracket options seem to be public tourneys made by Nintendo where randoms enter freely.

The worst part is I can see there's an option for limits on players per match but they're not an option for us. I guess we'd have to wait until a future update allows us to create bracket tournaments....

ROFL.

If you turn off Sudden Death, then the winner is the "move active player". What the fuck Sakurai.

Yeah, but you can't create those. The only way we could do a GAF tournament 1v1 with this mode is to join a 1v1 Regular that is a long ways off, in order to get a bunch of us in. Once you join one, you sit in the waiting room until the countdown is over. I am currently waiting 9 minutes for a 1v1 custom FG with stocks.

I checked the data that the guy posted on his twitter. Apparently Yoshi's only change was something on his air B, so I am guessing his neutral B.

Yup, now that my 3ds patched up for sure.

Zelda's jab is buffed. hits 8% instead of 6%
Zelda's phantom definitely buffed. Damage is the same but the push/windbox works regardless of point blank or not now, virtually no deadzones.

edit: HOLY IT'S ALMOST FREAKING FULL BLOWN WALL! NEAR-ZERO PASSTHROUGH

Wait.

So we can't force 1v1.
We can't choose who to play in the lobby.
We can't do teams.
We can't make brackets.

This is completely fucking worthless. Sakurai, you are such a stupid shithead sometimes.

The following characters are unchanged:

-Falco
-Bowser Jr.
-Lucario
-Mario
-Villager
-Pac-Man
-Pikachu
-Olimar
-Dark Pit
-Jigglypuff
-ROB
-Rosalina and Luma
-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus

Source.

Edit: Projectile differences, Luma differences and other similar things haven't been cataloged yet. Keep an eye out!

Wait.

So we can't force 1v1.
We can't choose who to play in the lobby.
We can't do teams.
We can't make brackets.

This is completely fucking worthless. Sakurai, you are such a stupid shithead sometimes.

The hype is dead :(
And the time limit on these regular FG tourneys are only 3 mins. Wtf

Top Bottom