• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Revven

Wait.

So we can't force 1v1.
We can't choose who to play in the lobby.
We can't do teams.
We can't make brackets.

This is completely fucking worthless. Sakurai, you are such a stupid shithead sometimes.

Well... you can lower the participants down to 2 so I'm testing something now. I've lowered the participants down to 2, the host counts as one participant automatically and I'm about to see what happens when one other joins.

You could sort of have a makeshift 1v1 room that way but you'd have to hope someone else could join otherwise you'd have to create another room again. I don't know if it works like MK8 where as long as the full amount aren't playing someone can join.

Trying now... have to wait.

Teknoman

Wait.

So we can't force 1v1.
We can't choose who to play in the lobby.
We can't do teams.
We can't make brackets.

This is completely fucking worthless. Sakurai, you are such a stupid shithead sometimes.

Failure...

Well at least there is a better option for gaf battles any time of the night without telling people games are up. That being said, its always something that can be updated/patched in quickly right?

Revven

Failure...

Well at least there is a better option for gaf battles any time of the night without telling people games are up. That being said, its always something that can be updated/patched in quickly right?

They could patch it in if they're made aware of it, yes. I don't know how one would go about that... or unless it's something they already plan to patch in later.

Won my first Regular Tournament match. Waiting for the others to finish their first round. Apparently if you leave you get a temporary ban from online like other modes.

Ok, only 2 buffs on Zelda I can definitely confirm.

Jab now hits 8% instead of 6%
Phantom windbox now godtier. (A full charge phantom can easily push someone offstage if they're at the edge and still get the scoop combo)

Revven

!!

Okay, hold on. I created a room with a max of 2 participants and it set it exactly like For Glory where there's only 1 player select icon on the right.

I need someone to join now and then I need someone else to join...

I'm going to post the tourney ID and people try to join and see what happens pls.

I need at least two people to try joining. One to fight me and the other to see if they get a different room or something.

Cody_D165

Banned
!!

Okay, hold on. I created a room with a max of 2 participants and it set it exactly like For Glory where there's only 1 player select icon on the right.

I need someone to join now and then I need someone else to join...

I'm going to post the tourney ID and people try to join and see what happens pls.

I need at least two people to try joining. One to fight me and the other to see if they get a different room or something.

I just tried to join and it told me the tourney is full.

If phantom works the way I think it does now, it'll help Zelda against rushdowns as it's virtually a legitimate wall. The windbox is so strong that it's got almost zero passthrough.

Revven

I just tried to join and it told me the tourney is full.

Okay so that's not good... but it does kind of work in the sense that you can set up a 1v1 room but you can only have one room with a 1v1 -- it's not like MK8 where it'll create another room for a 1v1 within the lobby.

How about you try joining now, though? I just finished my fight and I'm not playing atm. I was playing just then when you tried joining.

Also warning: I forgot to turn items off looooool.

Cody_D165

Banned
Okay so that's not good... but it does kind of work in the sense that you can set up a 1v1 room but you can only have one room with a 1v1 -- it's not like MK8 where it'll create another room for a 1v1 within the lobby.

How about you try joining now, though? I just finished my fight and I'm not playing atm. I was playing just then when you tried joining.

Also warning: I forgot to turn items off looooool.

Still a tourney full notification :/

Revven

Still a tourney full notification :/

OK, so that confirms what I thought then. It limits it to the people who have been put in the scoreboard/ranking/whatever for the room even though they're not playing at the time. Very unlike MK8.

This... is basically a very limited way to do a 1v1 room and it means you'd have to create it again and again but... it would be better than FG I guess.

Let me see what happens when you limit it to 3 participants (probably FFA... -_-)

Boney

Banned
Like if the game launched with this garbage tourney mode I'd be ok with it. But taking 7 months on this shit is embarrassing

A pikachu at 25%. If hit by a full charge F-smash at edge, then hit with a full charge phantom while recovering is 100% dead. The phantom pushback into the blade will guarantee the pikachu cannot recover.

If phantom works the way I think it does now, it'll help Zelda against rushdowns as it's virtually a legitimate wall. The windbox is so strong that it's got almost zero passthrough.
What about shielding the wind, dodging, etc.?

Like if the game launched with this garbage tourney mode I'd be ok with it. But taking 7 months on this shit is embarrassing
No shit.

I have been uploading a video to YouTube for the last 10 minutes. Low grainy quality, 45% done. I will never use this feature because it is so bad.

Seems like Sonic's Fsmash knockback got nerfed. I don't think it will hurt him that much, but his kill options are getting iffy.
It needed a hitbox nerf. -_-

Uploading a replay to Youtube, it's the bare minimum you can call 720p at 30fps just like in MK8, and yeah there's a 3-minute limit. Could've been better but considering how long it's taking to upload I can totally understand.

I think a capture card would make for a good investment.

Top Bottom