• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Just won my first 32-man custom FG tourney. So yeah, don't join custom tourneys if you don't want to play with equipment. Those people were dealing a lot more damage then they should've been. I only lost 2 stocks in 5 matches, but those people were terrible. The Mega Man I met in the finals thought usmash was a good move to abuse. You don't get anything for winning a Tourney, except for a milestone.

Sakurai, this mode is shit. All you need to do is add # of players in each battle and it will be useable. Right now it is only good for when we want to do FFA with items and jank stages. Can't even do teams!

I don't question the long upload times. MK8 had insane upload times, and those videos weren't even a minute.

Just won my first 32-man custom FG tourney. So yeah, don't join custom tourneys if you don't want to play with equipment. Those people were dealing a lot more damage then they should've been. I only lost 2 stocks in 5 matches, but those people were terrible. The Mega Man I met in the finals thought usmash was a good move to abuse. You don't get anything for winning a Tourney, except for a milestone.

Sakurai, this mode is shit. All you need to do is add # of players in each battle and it will be useable. Right now it is only good for when we want to do FFA with items and jank stages. Can't even do teams!
You need more than that. The lobbies should be 100% like BlazBlue lobbies.

In BlazBlue, you can create a 64 person lobby, and you can move around and sit at different arcade booths. Then someone can sit next to you, and you play. Fucking basic.

What about shielding the wind, dodging, etc.?

Dunno, haven't tried it against players to get a good judgement.

But the windbox buff is real.

Actually, now that I'm testing this in training. For most chars, getting hit by a full F-smash at 25% then hit by a full charge phantom on recovery is dead.

You need more than that. The lobbies should be 100% like BlazBlue lobbies.

In BlazBlue, you can create a 64 person lobby, and you can move around and sit at different arcade booths. Then someone can sit next to you, and you play. Fucking basic.

I said useable. Playing against randoms in SmashGAF wouldn't be that bad. But yeah, having an open lobby where you can select an opponent is definitely not an unreasonable request for a mode that took over 8 months to release.

Dunno, haven't tried it against players to get a good judgement.

But the windbox buff is real.

Actually, now that I'm testing this in training. For most chars, getting hit by a full F-smash at 25% then hit by a full charge phantom on recovery is dead.
That will never happen. :p

I said useable. Playing again randoms in SmashGAF wouldn't be that bad. But yeah, having an open lobby where you can select an opponent is definitely not an unreasonable request for a mode that took over 8 months to release.
4 player FFA with random connections isn't fun. :p

Fandangox

Who wants some 1vs1

or teams, I will take whichever.

Joined a tourney and the matches were so laggy that I just SD by the third game, and forfeited the whole thing.

4 player FFA with random connections isn't fun. :p

I was talking about 1v1 against randoms. Chances are in a week from now the only people interested in this would be the same regulars that everyone here always plays. But that won't be the case because no one is interested in it right now. :(

That will never happen. :p

Not in the exact same way as training of course. But the phantom buff is scary. Sure things can block and whatnot but even a blind phantom has crazy pushback. Don't even have to charge it if you want to push people away. Just shoot it out.

edit: Testing on CPU's, a blocked phantom still has full pushback.

Mewtwo fthrow now does 3% more damage. Yay.

Not in the exact same way as training of course. But the phantom buff is scary. Sure things can block and whatnot but even a blind phantom has crazy pushback. Don't even have to charge it if you want to push people away. Just shoot it out.
I will try it.

I will make the room. I was away in 3DS Land for too long, its time to slowly unrust.
Excuses already...

Revven

Alright so 3 participants forces FFA like I thought. The only way to get 1v1 with Tourney Mode working right now is setting the room to 2 participants.

However, this brings a problem to the table: only the host and the player you played first can join. Meaning, even after the player leaves no one else can join but you and the player who left. This... equates to the necessity of forcing you to either wait until the Tourney ends and reopens or you delete the Tourney and create a new one.

You would obviously choose to delete the tourney and then rinse and repeat this process (creating and deleting) to somewhat mimic FG except with one extra step after every set with a random. It's a very hackneyed process and only worthwhile if you want to play with randoms with your own rules and not GAFfers.

That's basically it. So it still sucks for GAF unless we do rotation-style rooms where 4 people are in a room and vow to SD until two are left to duke it out. And the winner keeps playing while everyone rotates out with the loser. But I don't really know if that would be very easy to coordinate... unless our community is small enough for it to work.

udivision

Tourneys aren't the solution, it seems.

Allowing Miis and Custom Moves in For Glory is the solution, but it only matches you against players who have toggled that option too or something.

Anyway, not gonna bother with customs or Mii fighters outside of random offline mode stuff.

Wow. with this new windbox phantom hits way more often against moving targets. The windbox is designed to push them into the blade if they touch the upper half of the phantom.

If anything, we could use tourneys for ranbats. 2 players enter the room, and keep fighting until one of them reaches the amount of wins needed to "win" the tourney. Plus, it deters cheating (even though that hasn't happened before to my knowledge) and each tourney has its own Miiverse community. :)

Just trying to look for a bright side here...

Cody_D165

Banned
So if you register for the 1v1 For Glory tourneys, but leave during the long wait periods while you're still in the training room before it starts, it counts as a forfeit and you are restricted from online battles for a time.

What.

These modes are so terrible.

Revven

So if you register for the 1v1 For Glory tourneys, but leave during the long wait periods while you're still in the training room before it starts, it counts as a forfeit and you are restricted from online battles for a time.

What.

These modes are so terrible.

So you can't have your character idle at all...?

Cody_D165

Banned
Shit, disregard my above post. I was not given a restriction for leaving, the message claims you'll only register as a forfeit when leaving a minute before the tournament begins.

That's what I get for not reading the entire thing. >_>

jwillenn

I just played my first match post update. I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Header Feint recovery time got REDUCED! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Some people are reading through Zelda's changes, and apparently her jab is basically a whole new thing. Hitboxes changed, positions changed, knockback and damage changed.

And some people are saying that the phantom has hitstun on the windbox...that one I think is a bit delusional.

I haven't played on them, but I'm assuming Hyrule Castle's blast zones are huge? If so, I dunno about that being counterpick. Peach's Castle is debatable.

Peach's Castle would be an interesting cp because of the setup. I worry what might do it it in though are those 2 angled blocks that mess up KO trajectories.

Top Bottom