• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

J@hranimo

Banned
Alright so 3 participants forces FFA like I thought. The only way to get 1v1 with Tourney Mode working right now is setting the room to 2 participants.

However, this brings a problem to the table: only the host and the player you played first can join. Meaning, even after the player leaves no one else can join but you and the player who left. This... equates to the necessity of forcing you to either wait until the Tourney ends and reopens or you delete the Tourney and create a new one.

You would obviously choose to delete the tourney and then rinse and repeat this process (creating and deleting) to somewhat mimic FG except with one extra step after every set with a random. It's a very hackneyed process and only worthwhile if you want to play with randoms with your own rules and not GAFfers.

That's basically it. So it still sucks for GAF unless we do rotation-style rooms where 4 people are in a room and vow to SD until two are left to duke it out. And the winner keeps playing while everyone rotates out with the loser. But I don't really know if that would be very easy to coordinate... unless our community is small enough for it to work.

So basically it's not worth the effort plus normal online functions quicker with actual customization.

It makes me wonder what Sakurai was really thinking when he and his team were ok implementing this mode *scratches head*

Wow this was the one mode I was waiting for now it disappoints to the fullest. I hope it can get patch. I hope people bring up this issue to put heat on it.

What really stings is how we can't even have offline tourneys. I know they're not practical for actual tournaments, but I liked watching CPUs fight for glory in a bracket lol. One of my favorite pastimes in Melee.

J@hranimo

Banned
What really stings is how we can't even have offline tourneys. I know they're not practical for actual tournaments, but I liked watching CPUs fight for glory in a bracket lol. One of my favorite pastimes in Melee.

Lol same. I always rooted for black Dr. Mario :p

Gah....this update man, this tourney mode. It really seems half baked.

Anyone know where I can get Chrom and Lloyd Miis to match the ones in the trailer? I would really appreciate it!

How strong is the tornado anyhow? :O

Nintendo put up QR codes on their website for most Mii Outfits, here's Chrom and Lloyd:

Chrom
qr_sample12.jpg

Lloyd
qr_sample11.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jotamide, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U Mewtwo DLC (eShop) -- MB-A389F94CC454AED1 - Taken by gabbo. 3 entrants total.

t1438319388z1.png

Good luck!

Alright, I have come up with a new challenge. It is a harder version of the For Glory challenge. You have to win a 1v1 For Glory Tourney with every single character in the roster without losing, and if you do, you have to restart. This is the best this mode has to offer.

TWILT

Banned
Testing out the new patch now. Shulk's Backslash is FASTER NOW :D it probably won't matter too much in the long run, but yaaay it's kinda usable now! Kinda want to experiment what kind of tricks I can do with this now...

And damn, sucks to hear about Tourney Mode being a disappointment and replays having a 3 minute limit. :/ What a letdown...

SoldnerKei

what a pleasent surprise, seems like Link got a bit buffed, and now dthrow to uair is a true combo, it was about time to have our own uh-ha!

read from reddit:
- spin attack hitboxs got changed, but I can't tell if it's a buff or nerf, seems like it's supposed to link better (yeah, link P:)
- faster dash grab and pivot grab 1 frame

what a pleasent surprise, seems like Link got a bit buffed, and now dthrow to uair is a true combo, it was about time to have our own uh-ha!

read from reddit:
- spin attack hitboxs got changed, but I can't tell if it's a buff or nerf, seems like it's supposed to link better (yeah, link P:)
- faster dash grab and pivot grab 1 frame

Is it only to a certain percentage?
How is it a true combo now? Less delay on Link after the throw?

Fandangox

You can't spot dodge his grab online. Completely impossible.

Your connection has never been good,either. I get hit al over the place by Uairs I am dodging. Very annoying.

It works both ways you know, how many of those jiggs dash attack chains do you think I would have been able to tech on a lagless environment? Or perfect shield the aerieals?

SoldnerKei

Is it only to a certain percentage?

seems like it works around usual kill percentages, at least going by these quotes

Checked the hitstun on dthrow and it seems to be the same. Tested on sheik at 130% both on pre-patch (old clip) and post-patch. Knockback also seems to be the same.

Something has changed since you could never true combo sheik with dthrow-uair at 110% with sheik DI'ing away from Link.

I labbed that dthrow to uair on sheik for hours at that percents I never got a true combo on shiek. I used 1/4 hold L to make sure my input was frame perfect. Now after the patch I get a true combo on my first try. This also works on Rosalina, which I never got a true combo on either before the patch. Before the patch we were only a few frames before getting the true combo so any change could be very slight.

I'd like to think this is not placebo effect, since going by the raw data from the datamining it may be, but testing so far has proven otherwise, that said, it seems to be character dependant too

Top Bottom