• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

They delayed Tournament Mode for what? 7 months? You'd think in that time they'd have figured out that people want to make ACTUAL TOURNAMENTS and not this Mario Kart 8 nonsense. gg Nintendo

TWILT

Banned
Omg Robin's DThrow can kill combo into UAir :D She recovers a lot faster from ArcThunder too, giving her a lot more options out of it.

Gonna test Link and Pikachu in a bit; heard Link got a bit better and Pika was unchanged, so I'm pretty happy at least. Kinda hard to test stuff on the 3DS when you're so used to a good controller lol. Guessing no customs got changed either...?

Vena

Omg Robin's DThrow can kill combo into UAir :D She recovers a lot faster from ArcThunder too, giving her a lot more options out of it.

Gonna test Link and Pikachu in a bit; heard Link got a bit better and Pika was unchanged, so I'm pretty happy at least. Kinda hard to test stuff on the 3DS when you're so used to a good controller lol. Guessing no customs got changed either...?

Custom Thunder Wave got nerfed for Pika, that's about it.

Fandangox

Okay new game. Fox on one corner, Mewtwo on the other. Mewtwo charges the shadowball and fox reflects it with the shine, keep a high score and see how many times you can reflect it before it hits you.

GGs J@hranimo! Had a lot of fun with my costumed swordsmen, and you did pretty well with your Palutena! I could feel the buffs as you hit me. >.<

I think both 64 stages are gonna be banned in the end.
Is Shamrock cool with 2v2?

And for that matter is there someone else who wants to?

You guys always start these too late for me nowadays, be considerate to the midwest! I don't know how Namikaze does it...

GGs. You changed up your strategy. Got a lot more shield happy. Took me awhile to adjust.

What do you recommend I do against Lucas as Yoshi? The PK Fire barrage and zair just wall me out, and your ground and aerials that you use are really hard or not possible to punish. I seem to better again Ness even though one PK Fire can be death or 50%+.

What do you recommend I do against Lucas as Yoshi? The PK Fire barrage and zair just wall me out, and your ground and aerials that you use are really hard or not possible to punish. I seem to better again Ness even though one PK Fire can be death or 50%+.

Change up your approaches. You gotta remember to change it up against people you play often. For example, I picked your trick of falling to the ground moving away from me, and then suddenly moving towards me to get me with your tongue. By the time I was playing as Lucas, I spaced accordingly and hit you with pkfire multiple times anticipating it. At the same time, I think approaching from above is your best option because, as you pointed out, Lucas' combination of PK Fire and zair works well against Yoshi. Maybe do some follow ups with Eggs high up more often. Remember also if you see me do a grounded pk fire, you have an opportunity to punish the delay.

Change up your approaches. You gotta remember to change it up against people you play often. For example, I picked your trick of falling to the ground moving away from me, and then suddenly moving towards me to get me with your tongue. By the time I was playing as Lucas, I spaced accordingly and hit you with pkfire multiple times anticipating it. At the same time, I think approaching from above is your best option because, as you pointed out, Lucas' combination of PK Fire and zair works well against Yoshi. Maybe do some follow ups with Eggs high up more often. Remember also if you see me do a grounded pk fire, you have an opportunity to punish the delay.

I was trying to approach with SHAD, but I either messed up by doing a full hop, or I didn't end up air dodging. But yeah, I do use the B-reverse Egg Lay a lot, but I tried to do it less against Lucas because of PK Fire or a bat.

By eggs high up, do you mean eggs that go mostly vertical and stay in the air for a while?

I tried to shield the grounded PK Fire and then dash attack or grab, but you seemed to get away every time. I know I shouldn't go for Yoshi's grab so much.

Hopefully I can get some different results against Lucas the next time we play. :)

I was trying to approach with SHAD, but I either messed up by doing a full hop, or I didn't end up air dodging. But yeah, I do use the B-reverse Egg Lay a lot, but I tried to do it less against Lucas because of PK Fire or a bat.

By eggs high up, do you mean eggs that go mostly vertical and stay in the air for a while?

I tried to shield the grounded PK Fire and then dash attack or grab, but you seemed to get away every time. I know I shouldn't go for Yoshi's grab so much.

Hopefully I can get some different results against Lucas the next time we play. :)

I actually saved a replay of the last match. I will use it as an example upload because it was 2:59 minutes, haha. We can take a look at it again and see.

PK Gaming

Robin is more or less the same character

giphy.gif

It's okay child, no more tears. It's going to be alright. Everything is going to be alright.

latest

Top Bottom