• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Has anyone tested Palutena's rolls to see how they have changed?

I don't think they will be big since you can't do anything but FFA. :/

Her rolls feel faster, im terrible at explaining, but it has less start up I think....? If that makes any sense. It could be less lag too.

Her dash attack seems to come out faster too.

I'd really love for Samus' Final Smash to be her obtaining her Fully Powered Suit (think Metroid: Zero Mission) and wrecking house with Space Jump, Screw Attack, Diffusion Missiles, Hyper Beam, etc.

They nerfed falcon again, aside from the range of his jab finisher (not gentleman) I think he should have remained untouched, he was pretty well balanced already.
What was the nerf? What nerf did he get before?

These buffs to Marth feel very nice. Having less landing lag on all his aerials really helps him out, though honestly the lag is still too much on his fair.

Make Nair not shit anymore by reverting it back to Melee nair.
Increase the size of Dair sweetspot so it spikes easier
Decrease lag on Missiles
Increase the damage and knockback with Missiles so that they can kill
Fix f-tilt by reverting it to pre-patch version
Fix her jab
Increase size of f-smash sweetspot, make sourspot stronger too
Increase knockback of d-smash so that it can kill
Decrease lag on grab

There's more, but that's everything I can think of right now.
This is a really good list to start, though homing missiles shouldn't KO. Just super missiles. I don't think her Dsmash should kill, either. Dtilt should, though.

Bombs should explode on touch. :p

Surely there are other lunatics like myself. I like the orderly nature of 1v1s and 2v2s but find myself being drawn to the chaos of FFA more and more as of late.
Why not make the lobby yourself with a password protection? PM it to Heath and post it in the patch discussion thread to get things going. I am sure there are others that would enjoy this. :)

Her rolls feel faster, im terrible at explaining, but it has less start up I think....? If that makes any sense. It could be less lag too.

Her dash attack seems to come out faster too.
Hmmm. Sounds like placebo on the dash attack.

Dash attack definetly feels different, I think it does have less end lag.

I could be wrong, and it might be the placebo talking. :/

Anyone up for 1v1?

Available for 3ds and wii u

Oidisco

This is a really good list to start, though homing missiles shouldn't KO. Just super missiles. I don't think her Dsmash should kill, either. Dtilt should, though.

Bombs should explode on touch. :p

Oh yea I just meant Super Missiles, though I think there should be improvements made to Homing Missiles too. Maybe some speed and hitstun increase along with the endlag buff so that you could get some follow-ups off of it.
And bombs should explode faster, but not on touch. At the moment they allow for some kill and shield-break setups thanks to how long they take to explode, instant eplosions might mess those up.

Also, oh my god using Phantom to edgeguard is sooooo good now! If they're anywhere near the Phantom they get dragged into the hit now!

Oh yea I just meant Super Missiles, though I think there should be improvements made to Homing Missiles too. Maybe some speed and hitstun increase along with the endlag buff so that you could get some follow-ups off of it.
And bombs should explode faster, but not on touch. At the moment they allow for some kill and shield-break setups thanks to how long they take to explode, instant eplosions might mess those up.

Also, oh my god using Phantom to edgeguard is sooooo good now! If they're anywhere near the Phantom they get dragged into the hit now!

If somehow you can get a full charge smash on someone at the edge at 25% or higher, then get a full charge phantom. They're most likely dead due to how much push the phantom does

Fandangox

Captain Falcon's back air got nerfed by 1% or something, he's dead.

dead

The damage percent is meaningless, is the knockback that matters, it got a decent damage knockback so it kills later now. Previous nerf made his uair kill later too, although that wasn't too bad since it made it combo into itself more reliably. The range on his jab finisher got reduced, but that's okay since its big range didnt make sense anyway.

I am just saying he is one of the few well balanced characters in the game and I don't want him buffed or nerfed, I'd just rather have the other characters fixed.

The damage percent is meaningless, is the knockback that matters, it got a decent damage knockback so it kills later now. Previous nerf made his uair kill later too, although that wasn't too bad since it made it combo into itself more reliably. The range on his jab finisher got reduced, but that's okay since its big range didnt make sense anyway.

I am just saying he is one of the few well balanced characters in the game and I don't want him buffed or nerfed, I'd just rather have the other characters fixed.

The only thing they should have nerfed in knockback was stupid ass side b KO'ing at 80% with Rage.

JulianImp

Not that I disagree, but that's more on rage just being a shit mechanic.

Plus Raptor Boost is a easily punishable move and requires a read to land.

I tend to freak out whenever I hear the move's signature screech when at KO %. Might be because it reminds me of the sound that played whenever you were spotted by a Revenant in DOOM.

Azuran

Banned
Surely there are other lunatics like myself. I like the orderly nature of 1v1s and 2v2s but find myself being drawn to the chaos of FFA more and more as of late.

I been playing nothing but FFA lately. It's hilarious and doesn't require a lot of time investment to be good at it. I like 1v1 just fine, but there's only so many times I can lose before I go crazy lol

RomanceDawn

This is cool, at the very least my awesome 3 minute or less games can be viewed for years to come and I think a combo video could be easily made with this.

I've faced more Sonic's in the last 3 days than I have since the game released! AND IM NOT GETTING SPEED BLITZED! I'm sure an expert Sonic could destroy me just like with any character but now I'm not totally helpless like I used to be! I figure if DK, Bowser and Charizard can hold their own against him than maybe Sonic isn't over powered like I once thought.

Played a Wii Fit trainer though that was great and a Toon Link that was insane! Even with DK's wonderful buffs I just couldn't best them.

OK, I'm liking Marth now. Him and Falco were my main problems with this game, because they were my favourite/best characters on the older games, but on this they were completely different. Marth isn't there fully yet, but he's a hell of a lot better after this patch than he was at launch.

Also, I'm not 100% sure (it may be placebo) but I think Pac-Man's grab looks faster.

T3Lb4BG.png

Why not make the lobby yourself with a password protection? PM it to Heath and post it in the patch discussion thread to get things going. I am sure there are others that would enjoy this. :)

Hm, might have to do that since no one else seems to have done so yet. Unsure of what rules to set. Points? Wins? Have it close down after what amount of time? Items or not?

Guess I could do a for glory variant and a for fun variant with items and non omega stages.

I been playing nothing but FFA lately. It's hilarious and doesn't require a lot of time investment to be good at it. I like 1v1 just fine, but there's only so many times I can lose before I go crazy lol

Here's one!

DOZENSOFUS.GIF

Been playing FG on 3DS, and either im super rusty with 3ds controls or Metaknight hit boxes got fixed completely. Jesus this metaknight i fought was so hard to handle, he dint whiff anything. His ground and air approach seem more fierce.

All right, I have For Glory and For Fun rooms set up. Hoping entering doesn't close when the tournament starts otherwise I uh...fucked up.

For Glory ID: 55791645480276
For Fun ID: 13924304280726

Quote for password.

Boney

Banned
Samus quality of life fixes
- fix jab broken piece of shit hit box, it whiffs on everything
- fix fsmash broken pos hit box, whiffs at point blank, whiffs on small targets and whiffs while going through airborne opponents while angled
- give back the pre Mewtwo ftilt. I can stand on jab being horrible and punishable on hit at low %, they thought it was such a great idea they made it into a Smash Tip in game, but ftilt now having that exact problem with the moronic knee hitbox is insane. Was a fantastic move back then that properly spaced opponents out, now the knockback is all over the place for whatever reason.
- give up smash vacuum properties, bigger hitboxes are nice but opponent still slides off way too many times off it, it's unacceptable.
- make airborne charge shot come out faster, like the Smash Tips says, it's supposed to come out immediately.
- remove that unblockable window from when you get a full charge shot, no other character has this, Samus already can't charge airborne and I'm fine with that but this is stupid.

Buffs to make her a good character:
- reduce starting lag and ending lag of her grab considerably and make it on par with Link's
- give her better throws, reduce down throw knockback making it a better combo throw as it's easily DIable now. Either buff up throw or back throw as very late kill throws. All other tether characters (except Yoshi)have good kill throws or good kill throw combos. Make her kill at around 160%, instead of the 220-250% up throw she has.
- reduce homing missiles end lag and let her keep her momentum while firing these. Also let them home a little bit more, an inbetween now and Mii gunner's. Awful starting lag can stay the same.
- make power missiles have horizontal knockback and increase the knockback, allowing them to kill at high percents near edges.
- give down tilt brawl's old knockback and make it kill at around 130-40% or reduce ending lag and % making it safer on block and whiff and allowing early % combos. (I'd rather get the kill version)
-increase nair knockback considerably because you can't fix that worthless pos hit box. Buff it's % from 8/7 to 12/9.
- make fair have vacuum properties so it's easier to carry opponents offstage while doing it. Slightly reduce landing lag.
-give up air better vacuuming properties as well, it's really easy for opponents to fall off. Doesn't have to be as strong as Greninja's or Shiek's but at least something.
- make up tilt untechable like they did with Falco's dair (I'd make it a system wide that standing opponents couldn't tech. Give it a little less ending lag as it's pretty punishable in shield if not spaced properly (cause it's almost ganondorf up tilt slow)
-either make bombs explode on contact and get rid of the contact hit box (making them go from 9% to 5%) or considerably shorten their contact hitbox and buff them to 10%
- reduce dash attack start lag. Have you ever seen anybody whiff more dash attacks than samus?
- either make screw attack knockback a more vertical or increase the knockback. It's easy to live past 160 as it is now..

With all that she'd be s tier, probably. I could still wish for a down smash increase on knockback, zair damage buff and a better jab combo

Please don't play around with my feelings. I'd be thrilled if Pac's grab would finally not open him up to a Warlock Punch when you whiff it.

I'd be perfectly happy if all they did was change it so that until the beam retracts it can still grab the opponent. It'd be harder to punish, but still punishable, and you'd have a sort of temporary defensive wall in front of you.

Revven

OK, I'm liking Marth now. Him and Falco were my main problems with this game, because they were my favourite/best characters on the older games, but on this they were completely different. Marth isn't there fully yet, but he's a hell of a lot better after this patch than he was at launch.

Also, I'm not 100% sure (it may be placebo) but I think Pac-Man's grab looks faster.

T3Lb4BG.png

It's placebo, sorry to break it to you.

Top Bottom