• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

SoldnerKei

all your bases belong to Shulk

now let the madness begin!! custom stages!

welp, at least I got some cool downB spikes :v

ok, that was a pretty unfair position to begin a match xD

edit: whoop, got disconnected out of nowhere

edit2: welp, probably for the best, it's quite late and there is work to be done tomorrow(today to be exact lol), great games guys, it was lots of fun!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Fatality has one of the better Falcon's I've seen, so hype!

He's consistently the best player at locals here in Atlanta.

It's like he has no concept of risk/reward sometimes either. He's not exactly out to disrespect his opponents; he just goes for style every damn game regardless of consequences. lol

I'm thinking of getting a LAN Adapter for Smash, and I'm wondering how to connect it. I currently have an external HDD connected via a Y-Cable at the back, and the Gamecube adapter at the front. Would I need a mains powered USB hub, or would something similar to the one you get with Rock Band work?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm thinking of getting a LAN Adapter for Smash, and I'm wondering how to connect it. I currently have an external HDD connected via a Y-Cable at the back, and the Gamecube adapter at the front. Would I need a mains powered USB hub, or would something similar to the one you get with Rock Band work?

One of the USB cables for the Gamecube adapter is used solely for power draw and doesn't actually transfer any data. (I forget whether it's the black or gray plug.) I'm pretty sure you can use the device without plugging this 2nd cord in, especially if you're only using one controller and rumble is turned off.

Ideally, though, I think it'd be best to go with a hard drive that only connects to the Wii U with one cable and plugs into the wall for power instead.

Ninja Dom

Hi guys, I'm a newbie. In fact I haven't got the game yet.

Are a lot of you still playing on 3DS? Is it possible to be very competitive on the 3DS version? Do the skills transfer from 3DS version to Wii U version and vice versa?

Just fought one of the best FG players I have encountered. They started off with Falcon, and I used DK. I lost with them at about 100% on their second stock. I switched to Yoshi and beat them. They changed their tag to "Bewbs" and used ZSS. I have zero experience against an alright ZSS, never mind a good one. Everything she does is so safe! They were using down-B, neutral-B, and d-Smash, and I couldn't do a thing! The majority of matches were close. I lost a lot of them, but there was one where I 2-stocked them. This caused them to switch to Sheik, who I have a little more practice against. Honestly, Sheik was a lot easier to fight than ZSS. I won the Sheik, and they switched to Little Mac, beat me, and left right away.

Anyone have tips for fighting ZSS? Down-B is such a hard move to get around. It is scary when I am off-stage. When I am on the stage, it can come out at anytime and be practically unpunishable if they don't try and get the hit. It also makes zoning them hard, because it is fast enough to punish an egg throw. Combine d-Smash which doesn't seem to have any endlag (I tried Luigi once, it didn't go well) and the paralyzer, and it was very hard to fight the ZSS.

Thanks. How come 3DS players are low in number on GAF?
The Wii U version is categorically better in numerous ways. Most people moved on to the 3DS version. There are a few 3DS posters, but they don't post here often because they tend not to find opponents. The online competition for the 3DS version is still highly populated, though. It's not a bad purchase.

Just fought one of the best FG players I have encountered. They started off with Falcon, and I used DK. I lost with them at about 100% on their second stock. I switched to Yoshi and beat them. They changed their tag to "Bewbs" and used ZSS. I have zero experience against an alright ZSS, never mind a good one. Everything she does is so safe! They were using down-B, neutral-B, and d-Smash, and I couldn't do a thing! The majority of matches were close. I lost a lot of them, but there was one where I 2-stocked them. This caused them to switch to Sheik, who I have a little more practice against. Honestly, Sheik was a lot easier to fight than ZSS. I won the Sheik, and they switched to Little Mac, beat me, and left right away.

Anyone have tips for fighting ZSS? Down-B is such a hard move to get around. It is scary when I am off-stage. When I am on the stage, it can come out at anytime and be practically unpunishable if they don't try and get the hit. It also makes zoning them hard, because it is fast enough to punish an egg throw. Combine d-Smash which doesn't seem to have any endlag (I tried Luigi once, it didn't go well) and the paralyzer, and it was very hard to fight the ZSS.
No way can her down B punish a grounded Egg Toss. Maybe in the air on prediction.

ZSS down B is the same as Sheik Bouncing Fish. You must spot dodge it. Or predict its landing spot and Usmash it. I do that with Bowser and Mewtwo a lot.

Her jab comes out in 1 frame, so she's hard to punish from the front.

Boney

Banned
Thanks. How come 3DS players are low in number on GAF?
I guess there's not much long lasting interest in that version. Most who wanted to play tons of smash probably got a Wii u, while the 3ds version was a diversion for just a couple of months for others.

There are a few 3ds players but they organize something once in a blue moon.

I pivot grab their landing but it's easier with Samus's range not sure if Yoshi can manage. You can challenge it at the height of her jump and you'll win. Nair that bitch

Highwind

Fighting Villager:

GaJMHdu.gif

Good games as always, Juni_ :). Haven't used Link in ages.

No way can her down B punish a grounded Egg Toss. Maybe in the air on prediction.

ZSS down B is the same as Sheik Bouncing Fish. You must spot dodge it. Or predict its landing spot and Usmash it. I do that with Bowser and Mewtwo a lot.

Her jab comes out in 1 frame, so she's hard to punish from the front.

If they did it right as I threw an egg, it worked. When they used the hit on shield, I sometimes was able to punish them for that. If they were just casually doing it, the only thing I could do was try and predict with a nair. If I mess up, it was possible for them to get the hit.

I much prefer Sheik's Bouncing Fish. It doesn't spike, and it can't be used for evading unless the Sheik is high in the air, because it actually has landing lag.

I pivot grab their landing but it's easier with Samus's range not sure if Yoshi can manage. You can challenge it at the height of her jump and you'll win. Nair that bitch

Yoshi's pivot grab is worthless so it isn't possible. Nair sometimes worked against down-B, but that was just one of the problems I was having against her.

If they did it right as I threw an egg, it worked. When they used the hit on shield, I sometimes was able to punish them for that. If they were just casually doing it, the only thing I could do was try and predict with a nair. If I mess up, it was possible for them to get the hit.

I much prefer Sheik's Bouncing Fish. It doesn't spike, and it can't be used for evading unless the Sheik is high in the air, because it actually has landing lag.

Yoshi's pivot grab is worthless so it isn't possible. Nair sometimes worked against down-B, but that was just one of the problems I was having against her.
What about throwing eggs straight up instead of aggressively?

You can't punish on shield, IIRC. The opponent can mess up his recovery, though.

What about throwing eggs straight up instead of aggressively?

You can't punish on shield, IIRC. The opponent can mess up his recovery, though.

I don't think a vertical egg would do anything. They could just change the angle they use the B hit of down B. It would also mean I have to either predict the down B (where I would have better options then egg) or waste my only ranged move.

If they pressed the button to get the strong hit of down b and I shielded, it was possible to punish. But they are still able to move a bit so it was easy to be fooled on which side they were going to land.

Maybe I just need more practice. No one here plays ZSS, and the only one I played on Anther's pretty much only used down B.

I've tried to play Zero Suit, but lose interest and I don't need to now that Greninja is buffed and Ryu is in the game. It's easier to punish Flip Kick on shield than Bouncing Fish, though.

If I could actually play the game.

Boney

Banned
I mean, you can spot dodge it or roll away. Or just shield it and let it reset. You're a Yoshi main you must know about punishless aerials lol

I mean, you can spot dodge it or roll away. Or just shield it and let it reset. You're a Yoshi main you must know about punishless aerials lol

I hardly ever spot dodge, and Yoshi's roll is terrible. I did shield many times and let it reset, but then it reset back to paralyzer and down-B when I am far away, d-Smash when I am close, and then stuff like nair, fair, side-B, and OoS up-B.

My one "punishless aerial" that is fair didn't do a whole lot of good in that match-up. They either were able to shield, or they used their neutral-B and I either hit it with Yoshi's fair and then got punished with a dash attack or something, or I got paralyzed.

Considering he plays Yoshi and Luigi he probably figures everyone has aerials that can't be punished.

Unfortunately for Doc though

A lot of people do, or at least have aerials that are really hard to punish, which is what Yoshi has. ZSS is one of those people.

But hey, there is a pretty big character gap in the tier list between Yoshi and ZSS for a reason.

How's yoshi's short hop airdodge? I mean you can't complain about rolls to me man

Decent and I don't use it enough.

Just because we both have bad rolls doesn't mean I can't complain. I complain about Luigi not being able to punish anything despite how good he is.

Top Bottom