• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

I'm not in the mood for Smash yet, but I just learned that there's going to be a small tourney (up to 64 people) in my area by the end of the month, so I guess I'll have to practice a bit a week or two before the event to make sure I'm not overly rusty.

Knowing that my current main is Pac and that I can at the very least play some Ness, Luigi, Roy and Sonic, should I try to get some experience with other characters to shore up any bad character match-ups I might have?

Also, since it's going to be my first competitive event, I'd like to know the general concensus on which stages I should absolutely ban against certain characters when using Pac.

Finally, I guess might have to do stuff such as playing Puruzi's shield-happy Link until I can figure out a viable way to beat or at least counter that playstyle, since I definitely don't want to run into a match-up where I'm easily beaten due to not understanding how to apply shield pressure as Pac-Man.

Oidisco

I'm not in the mood for Smash yet, but I just learned that there's going to be a small tourney (up to 64 people) in my area by the end of the month, so I guess I'll have to practice a bit a week or two before the event to make sure I'm not overly rusty.

Knowing that my current main is Pac and that I can at the very least play some Ness, Luigi, Roy and Sonic, should I try to get some experience with other characters to shore up any bad character match-ups I might have?

Also, since it's going to be my first competitive event, I'd like to know the general concensus on which stages I should absolutely ban against certain characters when using Pac.

Finally, I guess might have to do stuff such as playing Puruzi's shield-happy Link until I can figure out a viable way to beat or at least counter that playstyle, since I definitely don't want to run into a match-up where I'm easily beaten due to not understanding how to apply shield pressure as Pac-Man.

I don't know too much about what stages to ban against certain characters, but if you go up against Sheik then you absolutely want to ban Smashville.

Alright good games Dude had a lot of fun but i'm too tired for dealing with shiek's bs with samus hahaha

I would wanna play you some more but then I'd have to not use Shiek and I'm trying to practice with her. Kinda makes me feel like I'm compromising even though I know you're giving your all due to circumstance.

Edit: Don't let Shiek take you to Smashville or Lylat Cruise if you can help it, Town and City is slightly more tolerable as well as Battlefield. You'll almost always be disadvantaged because lolShiek but you can mitigate it with smart stage selection.

Not much anymore. She is one of my most played characters (this isn't saying much because I haven't played anyone other than Yoshi and kinda Luigi a lot), but her play has been spread out over a long period of time. I usually play a couple matches with her, and then I don't use her again for like a week. Let's just say I knew I was doing a lot of stuff wrong in that one match.

Fandangox

Yeah I just thought that when you saw Google you just started messing around, plus I assume lack of my knowledge played a part since no one plays that character.

Boney

Banned
I would wanna play you some more but then I'd have to not use Shiek and I'm trying to practice with her. Kinda makes me feel like I'm compromising even though I know you're giving your all due to circumstance.

Edit: Don't let Shiek take you to Smashville or Lylat Cruise if you can help it, Town and City is slightly more tolerable as well as Battlefield. You'll almost always be disadvantaged because lolShiek but you can mitigate it with smart stage selection.
Thanks for the tip. Yeah smashville is the worst with her due to early bouncing fish.

And I don't mind you using Shiek at all, please do as I need the experience. I'll probably stick to Pit in that match up, cause even though I really have him neglected it's a better match up that Charizard or something.

We played for over 2 hours with flux, he used a lot of Shiek in the beginning. It's a little infuriating that even though you go for a hard read with the roll in I still can't punish it online, but I have a hard time with every character there. So anyways we played for a while, kicked my charizard's and falco's ass bad. We then went sonic v samus and it swinged to my favour even though the matches were super duper close. So after a while I was gonna quit but kept going because I was all ok just 1 more. Then Shiek came out and ok last one defs, was relatively even but ended up dying to an off screen vanish while recovering because lol invincibility.

The thing is with samus it's impossible to zone Shiek out. Needles completely negate me charge shot turtling. Can't use zair and missiles effectively due to dash attack being so small and quick and dealing with bouncing fishes. So approaching in the neutral becomes a weird mix of aerials that lose to her aerials unsafe dash attacks and grabs. Spacing out with tilts sort of works but most often than not it'll be unfavorable. Recovering is impossible as well due how slow samus is and you can't stall against bouncing fish. It's an unwinnable match up because not only it's top tier frame data against ya'know, Samus, but shiek's tool set completely negate Samus.

I'm pretty fucked against you regardless, Fox is almost such as bad as Shiek and Mario and Falco aren't far behind. Ike is 50/50 I guess :p

I don't think I'd want chip damage across the board, but it'd be interesting if a new character had it as a mechanic. Dark Samus, maybe? "Irradiating" characters and whatnot.

Marow

1v1 anyone? ID is HarimeNui
If you don't mind waiting (I haven't downloaded the update), I'm actually thinking of booting it up! No worries if you start playing with someone else in the meantime.

I'm actually at a place with much better internet connection, so I wonder how that'll be like...

Puruzi

Banned
If you don't mind waiting (I haven't downloaded the update), I'm actually thinking of booting it up! No worries if you start playing with someone else in the meantime.

I'm actually at a place with much better internet connection, so I wonder how that'll be like...

I'll play For Glory until you're ready

Sorry if this has already been posted, but a GX fan tweeted this "new Great Bay leak" to me and I found it hilarious:

CLybd_JZWo_AAp_HE7.png

The Photoshopping is so obvious it hurts, but it sure is funny to think that someone thought this would be good enough to fool people. :p Look at "Bay" and "Sacred Grove"...

Play smashgaf and you'll get used to losing. Then instead of getting upset over your losses you can celebrate your victories.

"Sonic outlived Megaman"

Facts are the most hurtful

Did he though? I think the idea of Mega Man being "dead" is really overblown. No character who's in Smash, has a collection of games releasing this month, tons of merch releasing constantly, and a new animated series on the horizon is anywhere near dead!

Sorry if this has already been posted, but a GX fan tweeted this "new Great Bay leak" to me and I found it hilarious:

CLybd_JZWo_AAp_HE7.png

The Photoshopping is so obvious it hurts, but it sure is funny to think that someone thought this would be good enough to fool people. :p Look at "Bay" and "Sacred Grove"...

Of course the obvious excuses would be the following.

"Bad camera angle when taking the photo"
"Bad lighting causing text to look weird due to glade"
"Leak from incomplete patch, some graphical issues"

entremet

Greninja got some nice buffs, but I moved to Luigi.

Yes, Luigi is top tier, so I'm tier whoring, but he's just more fun to play as too.

JulianImp

It must be fun to get 50% from a grab :p

At first I was put off by how they had severely nerfed the knockback on Luigi's fair... until I learned that change let it combo into itself, especially from a dthrow. Dthrow, fair, fair, regrab if the opponent isn't smart enough to jump out of the way, dthrow, ???, profit.

Top Bottom