• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Made it out of wave 1 pools at smash con in winners bracket. I think cyberman did as well. Wave 2 at 9pm EST tonight!

Good job. I saw some of the early pools matches, and wow were some people bad. Not Reggie tier, but when the commentators are making fun of you, then you know you're bad.

Beats

don't have splatoon yet, but I've been keeping up with it and saw that it just got a cool network page: https://splatoon.nintendo.net/

I signed in and it shows who's playing right now on your friends list, friend rankings/profiles with loadouts, map rotations, and I think stat tracking for your weapon? would be cool to have something like that for smash 4.

Guys I started playing Splatoon

I don't know when I'll return to Smash

Nothing can take me away from Smash. I got Splatoon at launch and including what I played on Wednesday, I probably have 5 hours in it now. Great game, but I haven't played it for a long period of time for some reason. On the other hand, I had 5 hours in Fantasy Life a week ago, and now I have 30.

Nothing can take me away from Smash. I got Splatoon at launch and including what I played on Wednesday, I probably have 5 hours in it now. Great game, but I haven't played it for a long period of time for some reason. On the other hand, I had 5 hours in Fantasy Life a week ago, and now I have 30.

Oh man, I hear you. I bought Splatoon at launch and I really like it, but it's not even close to Smash in terms of how compelled I feel to keep going back to it (for purposes other than recording GameXplain discussions and videos). I just don't have that much free gaming time, and time I do have I already have to divide between Smash and actually, you know, continuing to play new games I care about and making progress in my backlog.

If I had all the time in the world, I'd certainly play both a ton. But I don't, and a choice has to be made... and that choice will always be Smash. As much as I love it, Mario Kart 8 fell by the wayside for the same reason.

Anybody watching this Marth keep up with Mr. R? Either he got significant buffs or Mr. R is falling off a bit. :O

Just watched a dude named Mr. E (Marth) take a game off Mr. R (Sheik). That's something.
So that's why the main thread is dead, you guys are here instead :p

???

Oh man, I hear you. I bought Splatoon at launch and I really like it, but it's not even close to Smash in terms of how compelled I feel to keep going back to it (for purposes other than recording GameXplain discussions and videos). I just don't have that much free gaming time, and time I do have I already have to divide between Smash and actually, you know, continuing to play new games I care about and making progress in my backlog.

If I had all the time in the world, I'd certainly play both a ton. But I don't, and a choice has to be made... and that choice will always be Smash. As much as I love it, Mario Kart 8 fell by the wayside for the same reason.
You should schedule like I do. The way I schedule, every one day is Smash and every other day is the Binding of Isaac. :D

Sometimes it's both and I'm doing a run while playing people here, nobody's noticed yet though. :O
So that's why the main thread is dead, you guys are here instead :p

???

Oh yeah...there was a thread for the con.

Meh, I'm staying. :T

JulianImp

I hate it when the guys commentating the matches start poking fun at the players (even though they can't be heard most of the time). Makes me wonder if I should bring earphones and music along for when I play the tourney in case the crowd and/or comentators decide to cheer on my opponents, since I think I'd get really nervous with everybody else watching me play, and having them look down on me would make things even worse.

I do have all the time in the world right now. Not technically, but as much time as I will ever have. The big thing about Splatoon is that it isn't as exciting as Smash. Smash is 1v1, and it is even more addicting playing against people you can communicate with. Splatoon is 4v4, and I haven't played with GAF before, so it just isn't as enticing to play.

The same thing happened to Mario Kart 8 for me. I put about 45 hours into it before I stopped playing, and then about 5 hours into the DLC. The competitive aspect of Smash is the main driver for me to play it. I have more time in Smash than all my other Wii U games combined, and that is over 30 games.

It is summer vacation and I have no job, and I am really behind on anime, so I have still played Smash a decent amount in the past week.

I hate it when the guys commentating the matches start poking fun at the players (even though they can't be heard most of the time). Makes me wonder if I should bring earphones and music along for when I play the tourney in case the crowd and/or comentators decide to cheer on my opponents, since I think I'd get really nervous with everybody else watching me play, and having them look down on me would make things even worse.

Good thing you didn't see the first round of pools. There were matches with players that no one knew about, and it kinda looked like a bad For Glory match. The commentators weren't afraid of talking about their level of play, and wondering how matches like that got on stream. But the players were really bad, so there wasn't much to commentate on.

Peanuts in spreadable form. Everyone else is missing out.

I know Diddy with a banana is the easiest way to be a threat with him, but he's such a tricky and deep character and 90% of people still play him as just "throw banana get grab."

Boney

Banned
boo

I bet you eat dishes made in Chile too.
Yes, everyone should come and eat empanadas

Peanuts in spreadable form. Everyone else is missing out.

I know Diddy with a banana is the easiest way to be a threat with him, but he's such a tricky and deep character and 90% of people still play him as just "throw banana get grab."
You guys need dulce de leche in your life.

And yeah diddy's tools are crazy, forward b momentum shifts are crazy, fair walls, dtilt to everything. Character is nuts

Man, got knocked out in pools 2. Fatality basically blew me up bad, never really happened to me in a tourney before (first round ended in a minute). Basically showed me that I need to figure out how play against really patient players. :/ I dunno if I need to change my style of Sonic up or myself in general.

Then I lost to a Link that I shouldn't have 1-2. Not sure how Nabster did in his round 2 pools.

Man, got knocked out in pools 2. Fatality basically blew me up bad, never really happened to me in a tourney before (first round ended in a minute). Basically showed me that I need to figure out how play against really patient players. :/ I dunno if I need to change my style of Sonic up or myself in general.

Then I lost to a Link that I shouldn't have 1-2. Not sure how Nabster did in his round 2 pools.

Nabster beat Dunnobro, lost to Dabuz (RIP), beat Kody Stri (who is this?), made it to top 32 losers

edit: scratch that, these guys are seeding into top 32 differently so he's playing someone else

Boney

Banned
What stream link?
Vgbootcamp

He made it to top 32 I think.

Missed your matches, bummer you couldn't beat that link. Best of luck with doubles though!

Nabster92

Yea I made it out to top 32 for tomorrow! :) but I don't think I play Azen next. He just made it out of pools in losers in the same pool as me, but we go to different parts of the final bracket. I think I play the winner of NEO and Zage next.

Boney

Banned
Yea I made it out to top 32 for tomorrow! :) but I don't think I play Azen next. He just made it out of pools in losers in the same pool as me, but we go to different parts of the final bracket. I think I play the winner of NEO and Zage next.
How was the Dabuz fight, missed it.

And god this commentators are the worst

Nabster beat Dunnobro, lost to Dabuz (RIP), beat Kody Stri (who is this?), made it to top 32 losers and faces Azen next (who does Azen even play in Smash 4)
He plays Lucario (I beat him in round 1 pools). He does all of these insane b-reversals that caught me off guard. Will tell him some stuff.

Kody Stri is a solid Ness.

Vgbootcamp

He made it to top 32 I think.

Missed your matches, bummer you couldn't beat that link. Best of luck with doubles though!
Thanks! Kinda demotivated from this, but will keep trying.

Good job to Nabster for making top 32, and Cyberman at least you figured out what to work on for the future! We all have our blowups every-so-often, I had mine on VoD even. '~'

If you want we could play some games where I'll actively try to time you out as much as possible lmaooooo

Edit: Oh snap you guys are in doubles together too right? Go get 'em! I wish I could take doubles seriously when I play it, but it's a lot of fun to watch. Hope to see your matches on stream!

Also I think Coney is okay sometimes.

Nabster beat Dunnobro, lost to Dabuz (RIP), beat Kody Stri (who is this?), made it to top 32 losers

edit: scratch that, these guys are seeding into top 32 differently so he's playing someone else

Kodistri is a pretty good, albeit inferior Ness player. He has an annoyingly good pocket Mii Gunner

Nabster92

Kodistri is a pretty good, albeit inferior Ness player. He has an annoyingly good pocket Mii Gunner

After I won the set against him, he threw his controller really hard into the ground and stormed off towards the bathroom just leaving his bag and everything there. I just slowly dipped outta there when I saw him walking back like 5-10 minutes later.

After I won the set against him, he threw his controller really hard into the ground and stormed off towards the bathroom just leaving his bag and everything there. I just slowly dipped outta there when I saw him walking back like 5-10 minutes later.

Whoops, ignore what I had here. Still, even though Rosalina is terrible for Ness, that is kinda overboard.

Top Bottom