• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

FluxWaveZ

Whoa, do you know how I recovered from stun so fast?

Edit: Damn, I should have saved that replay... I'm still thinking about it, heh. I don't think that was normal; it was crazy.

Edit 2: GGs Boney, though sorry about those last matches; I was too distracted about that stun recovery. I gotta look into that; it has to be a known thing.

Ricky 7

I won a large 1v1 For Glory tournament in Tourney Mode and someone sent me a friend request thanking me for beating the spammy Rob in the final and said the fight was epic. Does this mean other people can watch my fights whilst I'm playing?

Boney

Banned
Whoa, do you know how I recovered from stun so fast?

Edit: Damn, I should have saved that replay... I'm still thinking about it, heh. I don't think that was normal; it was crazy.
The shield break?
Nah, I just pushed you off stage when I got near you

Good games! Marf is surprisingly decent against Shiek

Boney

Banned
If you get shield breaked and fall off immediately it'll stay, but you landed on the platform, I jumped from the edge and landed too close so it pushed you, and in those instances you get out of it :p

FluxWaveZ

If you get shield breaked and fall off immediately it'll stay, but you landed on the platform, I jumped from the edge and landed too close so it pushed you, and in those instances you get out of it :p

Huh, interesting to note. I always thought it was permanent for a set time until the character was hit, but it seems that was wrong since just falling because of other circumstances will disable it.

I won a large 1v1 For Glory tournament in Tourney Mode and someone sent me a friend request thanking me for beating the spammy Rob in the final and said the fight was epic. Does this mean other people can watch my fights whilst I'm playing?
Not while you're playing, only afterwards.

entremet

Do you guys compete in your local scene?

I enjoy online due to convenience and time, but hard to learn matchups online due to the constant switching.

Made it to grand finals at this tourney. $200 on the line. losers finals up right now. Both guys playing I sent there, but they can beat me. Wish me luck I need the sushi money!

Ricky 7

Not while you're playing, only afterwards.
Oh that's lame, I got excited thinking people that people were watching whilst I was playing. =(
Made it to grand finals at this tourney. $200 on the line. losers finals up right now. Both guys playing I sent there, but they can beat me. Wish me luck I need the sushi money!
I wish there were tournaments where I lived. =(

Edit: And good luck.

Do you guys compete in your local scene?

I enjoy online due to convenience and time, but hard to learn matchups online due to the constant switching.
If I had the money and time, I'd be at The Foundry every week. Unfortunately it starts late and goes later, and I'm not comfortable being in the city that late at night. Plus I'm staying a full city away at the moment, so it's becoming less of an option right now.

Cronox

Banned
I actually enjoy Bowser and Jigglypuff the most these days, even though both are pretty bad.

Ha you've come around to using the same 2 characters I do. The Sheik dream is mostly dead for me, I just don't find the character satisfying.

Welp dream is dead. :/ lost to Zage ended at 25th.

Nevertheless, you got to top 32 at a pretty big tournament. Good on you!

If I had the money and time, I'd be at The Foundry every week. Unfortunately it starts late and goes later, and I'm not comfortable being in the city that late at night. Plus I'm staying a full city away at the moment, so it's becoming less of an option right now.

There are other local tournaments/events where you'll get much more time to play friendlies instead of waiting around for 3 hours to play 4-5 sets, I find the Foundry overrated.

Boney

Banned
Down throw and back throw being semi guarantees are such bullshit.

At the very least ZSS needs to commit with her fucking life

(Samus commits and gets 12% as a reward)

Oidisco

It's cool to see the adjustments Esam made between CEO and SmashCon. Definitely the most likely to finally beat Zero.

Nairo can do it too but it's gonna be rough with ZSS

Boney

Banned
Speaking if Nairo, I don't understand why he insists on Dark Pit instead of Better Pit

And speaking about that, what were the buffs he got in the last patch that Dark Pit didn't get apparently? I think rapid jab was one.

I just don't think Nairo's characters can compete with how ridiculously safe Sheik is. Pikachu is the only other character who doesn't have to commit, Rosalina is Rosalina, and Diddy Kong has banana shenanigans.

Is anyone around to play?

Well good news and bad news.

Good news: I won the tourney! Dominated the grand finals and won in 3 straight

Bad News: I got screwed with the payout. The pot was $190, with the promise of a $100 bonus pot from the venue owner. Well, for whatever reason, the Tourney Organizers and the Venue Owner got into it during the tourney and the pot bonus was taken away. So I got $100 less than I thought.

I made a room.

Bad News: I got screwed with the payout. The pot was $190, with the promise of a $100 bonus pot from the venue owner. Well, for whatever reason, the Tourney Organizers and the Venue Owner got into it during the tourney and the pot bonus was taken away. So I got $100 less than I thought.

E S P O R T S

Well that's esports for ya.

Venue owner must've lost it in a money match and didn't wanna fess up lmao

Matches, anyone?

I just realized that if Dixie had a flight mode, I would main her.

Wtb Dixie Painwheel.

Grats man!

Top Bottom