• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Oidisco

Thanks! hopefully the lag gets better.

Oh man that early SD :(
I'll do one more and if the lag is still rough I'll stop. It's not really fun to play like that ya know

Oidisco

My mam is watching movies on her laptop which is probably causing the lag. Distance could possibly be an issue aswell.

But yea good games dude, you played well with all of your characters! Lag definitely made things a little harder, especially in Ryu's case since he's alot harder to use.

ALM5252

My mam is watching movies on her laptop which is probably causing the lag. Distance could possibly be an issue aswell.

But yea good games dude, you played well with all of your characters! Lag definitely made things a little harder, especially in Ryu's case since he's alot harder to use.

Ryus my worst one. I'm trying to pick him up.

Mario's my best and you tore through him with Marth. Never played a Zelda or Marth as good as yours!

Oidisco

Yea those 2 are my mains. I've been using Zelda since day 1 and Marth since January. Literally just a couple hours ago I spent a bunch of time working on setups with Marth and Zelda, so it was fun to actually put them to work! And I have a fair amount of experience against both Marios, whereas Marth and especially Zelda are pretty rare to come across. Atleast good ones anyway!

You should try playing Wynd actually. He plays here often and he's got a great Zelda. Quite different from mine but it'd be good experience

Also incase anyone missed it, here's the WF set between Esam and Zero. It's amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDU0_UkYqF4&feature=youtu.be

TWILT

Banned
I'll finally be back home tomorrow and will be back to playing this game regularly-ish. I miss this game <3
along with all the other fighting games I play lol

Boney

Banned
Uh, yeah, that is kind of a life habit. I have to put a lot of filters on my mouth so I don't upset my students too much. I went a bit too far last semester when I called a kid a "fake Catholic" for not accepting papal infallibility. I figured FGW would get a riot out of me eating placenta, but it went on for hours. o_O

Holy shit lmao

Oidisco

I can tell I've improved a lot at this game because I can actually kinda deal with ROB now. He's still my most hated character to fight, but atleast it's not pretty much unwinnable for me anymore. I'm still terribad at fighting him though

Haven't played smash in awhile due to playing rune factory 4. I feel so rusty when playing FG. But then again I'm also in the process of overhauling my play style so I needed the time to break the habits.

What really bugs me is that there's I combo I can pull off on the 3ds but not on the wii u just due to controls...

Oidisco

Haven't played smash in awhile due to playing rune factory 4. I feel so rusty when playing FG. But then again I'm also in the process of overhauling my play style so I needed the time to break the habits.

What really bugs me is that there's I combo I can pull off on the 3ds but not on the wii u just due to controls...

Out of curiosity, how are you altering your playstyle?

Out of curiosity, how are you altering your playstyle?

I'm keeping my read heavy aspect. But instead of going for hard punishes all the time (Like how many times I go for a kick lol) I'm shifting towards "punish with maximum effect". Like if I know the enemy is going for say a dash attack, instead of just going for smash hit I can go for a d-tilt combo into said smash hit. Basically it's trying to get the most out of my reads. My reads are usually good but it's in many cases done too early or too late, so this overhaul should give me far more leeway in both execution and failure of execution.

Cronox

Banned
Karst our long play session last night has done something to me, at least temporarily. If I was serious about getting good at the game, I think those sorts of marathon sessions would be what's required. Too bad I have neither the time nor the available people to do that.

Tonight I was feeling like Super-Bowser (everyone on for glory saw what Clark did), basically playing everyone like I played against your Jigglypuff. Constantly moving the neutral for pressure, doing more reverse aerial rushes, exploring the combo abilities of utilt... Some dude called me a tryhard for how badly he was getting beaten/combo'd. Followed up by calling me a scrub, which makes no sense. I feel like utilt is the best replacement for the dthrow-combos Bowser doesn't have. While none of the combos are true, people don't expect to get hit by Bowser more than once, and actually I've been finding utilt to nair works usually even if they airdodge. Some of this relies on the opponent's matchup inexperience, since most players tend to think they can get around or attack Bowser in the air. Which is true until those slow aerials hit their active frames...

Reflecting on our matches last night, I'm a little disappointed with myself that I always tried to follow up on you with the same timing. I varied the moves (2nd utilt, fair/bair/uair), but the timing itself meant that you could always airdodge them. I really should have baited your airdodge and punished afterwards. That's how these things should go, I hit you with a followup, do the setup again, you dodge it, do the setup again, punish the airdodge. But instead of playing that last 50/50 I was stuck at the start of the sequence. I really should be making these adjustments on the fly... that I didn't over hours of matches is a bit sad.

So I'm feeling good about playing Bowser against for glory types at the moment. But I was playing a pretty good Sheik and while I still won until the last few matches before I signed off for the night, somewhere I had the thought that people playing me can use me as a stepping stone on their path to higher competency. So really, running a train on for glory is charity work. Or something.

Ive been doing Smash DI's wrong.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIdyVK1aDtg

Yeah I watched this yesterday and integrated it a bit more into my play tonight, I could instantly tell the difference. Got out of some jab combos incredibly fast. I consider it a win as long as I'm not there for the last hit. Was holding shield as I smash DI'd so as soon as I was free I'd be there shielding for them to finish their laggy last jab hit and get smacked for it. Wish the guy had made this video a long time ago. I don't know why it took the collective community 6+ months to explain the best DI and smash DI executions in this game.

Crayolan

Was following Cosmo on tourneys for a while and I finally got to play him and I won. :D

Only won because apparently total damage dealt over both stocks determines the winner in timeout though. If the time limit wasn't so low he probably woulda had it; he had ~60% over me. Dude is amazing at spacing his sweet spots with Zelda, and is surprisingly cautious with his approaches against puff of all characters. Didn't use his projectiles much either.

I'm only now realizing I forgot to save a replay. :(

Still a pretty funny way to end the night.

That moment when lag appears, but it's right after the opponent airdodging and you are going for the spike right after the airdodge.

Seeing that whole spike go in slow motion is painful to watch.

Top Bottom