• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Thulius

I have had it used very effectively against me. You use it as a juke, not as a direct approach. If you waveland it properly, you get a massive sudden shift in direction with a huge hitbox. You can also land usmash and bair off of it.

At worst, it gets shielded and you get a free fully charged Aura Sphere to throw. Not bad.

Rolling behind it just means you shield and return to the neutral. If they roll in front, you can fire a shot.

I get that much, but what else does he have to threaten you from rolling away once he jumps? Like, worst case scenario I can think of is you eat a RAR Bair when you roll but that's not going to be something he does on reaction and if he's jumping in deep enough that that's even an option then the aura sphere wouldn't bait anything out anyway.

It becomes a much better option when his opponent's back is to the ledge I guess? Otherwise, I'm not really seeing what's good about it. Maybe I just need to try to fight it myself some time.

Good games Cronox, sorry if you weren't having fun. Hopefully switching around made it more enjoyable.

I liked your Jiggs and Sheik! I was glad to play them after reading about them so much lately :p

Your Bowser was great as usual as well!

I've still got some in me if anyone else would like to play?

Cronox

Banned
Good games Tipster. I played for too long, in my frustration I flubbed so many dtilt/ftilts because the game decided I meant to do a smash. I don't know how some newer players can say it's hard to do a smash. It's hard to do much else.

I don't have a solution for Mega Man and I doubt I ever will. With dash slash removed there's no hope in that matchup. MM wins the neutral by pressing b. DDD is also problematic without dash slash/fire shot. Oh well.

TWILT

Banned
who are you and what have you done with the real Tipster, he never uses lemons

also thank you for the backslash buff, Sakurai

Good placement on that last one! Didn't see it coming at all!

Edit: Great games TWILT! What a shitty way to end it though, haha. I really like the little improvements you've incorporated into your play. That theoretical "Speed"-Pivot-grab slide-to-the-edge back-throw seems like it'd be pretty scary!

Thanks for playing, and we'll have to do more soon!

TWILT

Banned
Good games, Tipster! Was really nice playing you 1v1 after quite a long while. All the matches were really intense!

Feels like everyone's gotten a lot better in the 3 weeks I've been gone. Oh well, just gotta catch up faster I suppose. :p

Good games Tipster. I played for too long, in my frustration I flubbed so many dtilt/ftilts because the game decided I meant to do a smash. I don't know how some newer players can say it's hard to do a smash. It's hard to do much else.

I don't have a solution for Mega Man and I doubt I ever will. With dash slash removed there's no hope in that matchup. MM wins the neutral by pressing b. DDD is also problematic without dash slash/fire shot. Oh well.
I went 3-5 against Tipster in the last ran at season using Bowser without dash slash. You just have to play it right. Dash attack grab buzzsaws. Dash attack through crash bomber and take the 1%. Don't spend time blocking and rolling.

I get that much, but what else does he have to threaten you from rolling away once he jumps? Like, worst case scenario I can think of is you eat a RAR Bair when you roll but that's not going to be something he does on reaction and if he's jumping in deep enough that that's even an option then the aura sphere wouldn't bait anything out anyway.

It becomes a much better option when his opponent's back is to the ledge I guess? Otherwise, I'm not really seeing what's good about it. Maybe I just need to try to fight it myself some time.
Nothing, but it is about charging the Aura Sphere while staying aggressive. Check out Trela's Brawl Lucario. He makes the movement seem downright mystical.

I went 3-5 against Tipster in the last ran at season using Bowser without dash slash. You just have to play it right. Dash attack grab buzzsaws. Dash attack through crash bomber and take the 1%. Don't spend time blocking and rolling.

Nothing, but it is about charging the Aura Sphere while staying aggressive. Check out Trela's Brawl Lucario. He makes the movement seem downright mystical.

I still find it crazy he doesn't use Lucario in 4. The character has so much potential.

I still find it crazy he doesn't use Lucario in 4. The character has so much potential.
He seems to be a savant with any character he wants to use. I mean, the guy picked up Mewtwo on release, used him for one tournament, and dropped him. He still has one of the best Mewtwos I have ever seen. Maybe he's just digging Mii Swordfighter right now.

Did he not go to Evo? I expected to see him in top 32, at least.

I am getting my SSB wii u today, hopefully I will join you guys, but I really need to sharp my skills, I am not the best :(

Any advices? those prima guides are a good start?

I am getting my SSB wii u today, hopefully I will join you guys, but I really need to sharp my skills, I am not the best :(

Any advices? those prima guides are a good start?
Don't buy a guide. Just play people here and talk. Watch some commentated gameplay by ZeRo; he does a good job explaining why he does what he does, and when.

FSLink

Banned
He seems to be a savant with any character he wants to use. I mean, the guy picked up Mewtwo on release, used him for one tournament, and dropped him. He still has one of the best Mewtwos I have ever seen. Maybe he's just digging Mii Swordfighter right now.

Did he not go to Evo? I expected to see him in top 32, at least.

Trela's been seen using Ryu lately. As expected he's a monster.

TWILT

Banned
Yeah, Trela's Ryu's hella good; he made top 8 in a pretty stacked tourney IIRC. I wish he still used Shulk/Robin more; that was when he became one of my favorite players lol.

Nabster92

GG's Namikaze. Man I need to use detethered Luma a lot more often and get more used to it. Feels so much better. Sorry to leave before you could get more Sheik practice. Gotta go to bed now though.

GG's Namikaze. Man I need to use detethered Luma a lot more often and get more used to it. Feels so much better. Sorry to leave before you could get more Sheik practice. Gotta go to bed now though.

Good games. Felt good to not lose them all. Went pretty even except towards the end where I would lose my first stock at 30% from a shitty Rosalina edgeguard. I only switched to Sheik because I didn't want to deal with that anymore, and Luigi would be even worse.

I finally got a fair spike by jumping off backwards. Well, this may have been the first time I actually jumped off backwards to try for it, but I got it!

Top Bottom