• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

For some reason the more I play in FG, the more disrespect I pull on the opposition. Don't know how many times where people fail the recovery or they aren't going to make it to the edge and I just go out there and spike/kick them for good measure.

Cronox

Banned
I went 3-5 against Tipster in the last ran at season using Bowser without dash slash. You just have to play it right. Dash attack grab buzzsaws. Dash attack through crash bomber and take the 1%. Don't spend time blocking and rolling.

Dash attack won't work against a short hopped buzzsaw. In the end, it's a projectile that can't be perfect shielded, making it incredibly safe. It hits Bowser's shield 3 times as it passes through cause he's so big. I've theorycrafted the matchup plenty, in practice I have not found the timing to consistently grab the buzz saw, and I'm not masochistic enough to bang my head against that wall until I've got everything perfect. I don't have the energy to deal with Bowser's poor matchups against projectile users like Mega Man or the Links. I'd rather stop playing. I've been having a lot of fun running a train on for glory since our matches (you saw that post?), and more than ever I'm playing my Bowser like I imagine a good Marth plays, and am getting a lot of rewarding bair/fsmash/klaw/pivot grab reads and roll punishes. I've incorporated the bair approach counters I used against you into my regular play with some success. I'm still being aggressive, but in a way that gets me punished much less. If someone uses a character I find frustrating, playing a character in such a way as to specifically take advantage of Bowser's weaknesses, I leave. Lately that's been when players counterpick Rosalina against me. No thanks. I'm playing for fun.

Dash attack won't work against a short hopped buzzsaw. In the end, it's a projectile that can't be perfect shielded, making it incredibly safe. It hits Bowser's shield 3 times as it passes through cause he's so big. I've theorycrafted the matchup plenty, in practice I have not found the timing to consistently grab the buzz saw, and I'm not masochistic enough to bang my head against that wall until I've got everything perfect. I don't have the energy to deal with Bowser's poor matchups against projectile users like Mega Man or the Links. I'd rather stop playing. I've been having a lot of fun running a train on for glory since our matches (you saw that post?), and more than ever I'm playing my Bowser like I imagine a good Marth plays, and am getting a lot of rewarding bair/fsmash/klaw/pivot grab reads and roll punishes. I've incorporated the bair approach counters I used against you into my regular play with some success. I'm still being aggressive, but in a way that gets me punished much less. If someone uses a character I find frustrating, playing a character in such a way as to specifically take advantage of Bowser's weaknesses, I leave. Lately that's been when players counterpick Rosalina against me. No thanks. I'm playing for fun.
I did read your previous post. Rosalina is a very frustrating matchup. Even in the neutral, but she gimps so well.

You can dash attack a short hopped buzz saw. Consistently. I wouldn't be able to beat Tipster if I couldn't. Lag definitely makes things harder, but it is there. I don't find Link particularly frustrating unless he bomb spams, and that is a personal shortcoming of mine. I just can't deal with it no matter who I use.

Mewtwo does a fine job countering Mega man and Link in the neutral. Between all three of my characters, I feel like I can take anyone but Sheik. Even Sheik is doable with Jigglypuff.

GGs Namikaze, worked up a real sweat dancing with you. Yoshi is quite troublesome, and I honestly think Falco does better against him than Fox thanks to being nowhere near as fragile.

Heh, haven't played in a few days and this is how I get back. My fire is burning, and I need a tourney to cool it. My stache bros feel stronger than ever, though my Fox could use work. What do you think?

Also, I hope I didn't drain you too much! I know we were taunting each other back in forth, but I meant it in good fun
(except for that one Mario match I just had a big desire to I'm sorry.)

For those who don't know the specifics on wall teching in smash 4, this video should help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8rpifNUEYo

Thanks for this by the way, explains a whole bunch and makes me feel like less of a bad player. :)

TWILT

Banned
Oh geez, didn't realize how much time has passed. GGs, Puruzi! Really fun matches; was really nice playing in a really long set like that. I thought you were really good with all your characters. Hard matches all the way through!

At this rate I think I should make a zelda disrespect series on youtube.

Getting so many replays

Also probably helps that I'm now seeing the fruits of my play style overhaul.

I think I suck and that you are fine because you beat me with everyone.

I wouldn't say such things. In matches where I played less than optimally you punished me heavily and even 2-stocked me sometimes. You are definitely great already, with plenty of room to grow. I don't think you've taken Yoshi as far as he can go either, so keep at it and you'll get even better than before!

Edit: And I made a new ID for Anther's so I don't have to mess with deleting friends and such anymore. :) Let's go all Doc and see what happens!

I wouldn't say such things. In matches where I played less than optimally you punished me heavily and even 2-stocked me sometimes. You are definitely great already, with plenty of room to grow. I don't think you've taken Yoshi as far as he can go either, so keep at it and you'll get even better than before!

Edit: And I made a new ID for Anther's so I don't have to mess with deleting friends and such anymore. :) Let's go all Doc and see what happens!

Doesn't matter how good I get when I just run into a million random smash attacks without stopping. I am also free to grab because I never spot dodge.

Doesn't matter how good I get when I just run into a million random smash attacks without stopping. I am also free to grab because I never spot dodge.

I toss out smash attacks because I fully expect you to run in at them. Nabster pulled the same shit on me, so I learned I needed to vary approaches or even force him to approach at times rather than constantly run in. I don't know what Yoshi can do about it, but he should have some kind of tool to circumvent it, and I can't toss out smashes with everyone (were I to do it with Fox and whiff, I'm left open for heavy punishment.)

And yeah, incorporating spot dodges would be good if you haven't done so already. See, you now have things you can work on!

Top Bottom